Webpages logo

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

play4fun
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2013 build 119
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Opal Glass

Webpages logo

Post by play4fun » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Some webpages logo are not displayed. I add a print for a better understanding. The missing logo is circled in red in the print.
Attachments
avant.jpg

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Webpages logo

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:02 pm

By the way, in case you run into issues with them somewhere else and can't post screenshots to help. Those are called "FavIcons."

I'm not sure about the Tribal Wars link, but I went to GoldenManager's site in IE, Firefox, and Chrome and couldn't get the favicon to load in any of those stand alone browsers. (Only IE immediately directed me to a Facebook login page.) I saw that they do have one, but maybe it's not coded properly in the page? I'm not sure how the favicon is called in browsers, but maybe the favicon was being matched to the URL by the browser from a point when their favicon was working correctly, their site changed breaking the favicon, and the your favicon cache got cleared?

Clearly it's working in Avant because you have Facebook's and BattleKnight's showing in your screenshot. In Avant, if you want to save the icons from sites you've visited, make sure Options -> Clear Records -> Clear Website Icons is unchecked.