Tabs no longer wrapping on the new skins

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

SCHUMI_4EVER
Windows Version: Windows 8.1
Avant Version: Avant Ultimate Build 119
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE10 and 11 fully updated
Skin: Stickers on Glass

Post by SCHUMI_4EVER » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:11 pm

I have the latest version of Avant Ultimate (Buil 119) using the Firefox engine on a fresh new install of Windows 8.1 although none of that really pertains to the problem.

The issue is that the latest skins (all the new non-classic ones that recreate the Firefox default look) just ignore Avant's multi-tab settings and keep creating infinite tabs all in a single line down to impossibly small tab size and beyond. Even the real Firefox at least sets a minimum tab size and then scrolls the line but not Avant's skins, that just keeps going forever.

Now I would go back to using the classic skins since those still do multi-tabs just fine...but there's an odd bug there where Firefox will load a fully loaded blank white page instead of showing the actual graphics every once in a while, and then keep doing so till you load each of those pages in a new tab and eventually it starts randomly doing it again later with new tabs.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Tabs no longer wrapping on the new skins

Post by xiaobing » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 am

This feature only works under traditional skins. New skins don't support it.
but there's an odd bug there where Firefox will load a fully loaded blank white page instead of showing the actual graphics every once in a while, and then keep doing so till you load each of those pages in a new tab and eventually it starts randomly doing it again later with new tabs.
Do you refer to the browser:home page?

SCHUMI_4EVER
Windows Version: Windows 8.1
Avant Version: Avant Ultimate Build 119
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE10 and 11 fully updated
Skin: Stickers on Glass

Post by SCHUMI_4EVER » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 am

No, it's just a blank white page that covers the actual page....and unlike the old Aero/Win8 theme glitch (which temporarily blanked pages for some odd reason till one either loaded another tab or minimized the browser and it stopped happening as soon as one switched Windows to the basic theme) it doesn't go away if I minimize the browser or load another tab or try to refresh. The actual page loaded because it shows the correct link and the loading time corresponds with a correctly loaded page plus it slows down a concurrent HTTP download like a propper page would, but it remains blank/white no matter what I do. And the browser will keep producing blank page tabs from the site that produced the first one until I load the earlier affected tabs again (in other words till I load those links in new tabs coming from the "broken" ones, not from the main site.

I've since noticed it also happens under the new themes, but far less frequently.

If you're confused it's basically a site with a lot of images, like game screenshots for instance, and at random when loading say 10 of those it will just decided to permanently overlay a blank white page over them. I then first have to go and load all those affected tabs into new tabs before the glitch goes away and the site gives me normal screenshot tabs again till the glitch randomly reappears.

And ok fine so the old tab options only work under traditional skins but you really should give the modern skin some sort of tab wrap/scroll feature. Either recreate the old one or copy Firefox and just start scrolling further tabs. Cuz the modern skin's usability goes way down without something of that sort.

rememberme
Windows Version: WIN 7
Avant Version: ULTIMATE 2014 BUILD 3
Default engine: IE 11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11
Skin: Dream

Post by rememberme » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:28 am

This is one area...where avant SERIOUSLY NEEDS Improvement prompting me to switch to other browsers! Tab-wrap feature "MUST-BE" incorporated for new skins as well.
Switching to older skins is less user-friendly, as it add an extra line & occupies lot of space on screen.
I can see lot many people are facing the same issue here!
Kindly incorporate the same ASAP.