Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Post Reply
tststs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm
Windows Version: Win 7
Avant Version: Ulti. 2013 biuld 107
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10.0.9200
Skin: Office XP

Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by tststs » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi,

after the last update to the Ultimate 2013 build 107 version I am missing the sorting function in the "customisation of buttons" menu.

Has this feature been canceled? I would like to have the "new page" button to be moveable or moved left as the first button before "back" and "forward" page.

Thanks for the great work so far.

tststs

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:04 pm
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP
Location: Grass Valley, CA

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by mbrazil » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

This and many other important features were removed as part of the implementation of the new UI. We've been told that it will be reinstated in a future build.

User avatar
brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by brawnymike » Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 pm

mbrazil wrote:This and many other important features were removed as part of the implementation of the new UI. We've been told that it will be reinstated in a future build.
Build 107 is now four lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng weeks old, and I've not installed it because I've been waiting for a newer build giving evidence that the major complaints of the users are going to be resolved. When, oh when, will the next build roll-out, because with each day that passes I doubt more and more that there will be any real improvement. Xiaobing? Anderson? Anybody?

User avatar
xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 4380
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 am
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by xiaobing » Fri May 31, 2013 2:29 am

Anderson is out, he hasn't back yet. I think we still need to wait some days for the new version. I haven't got any information about the next version either.

tststs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm
Windows Version: Win 7
Avant Version: Ulti. 2013 biuld 107
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10.0.9200
Skin: Office XP

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by tststs » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 am

Thanks for the reply, I cross my fingers that this feature will find its way back in soon.

Bests,
tststs

User avatar
brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by brawnymike » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm

brawnymike wrote:
mbrazil wrote:This and many other important features were removed as part of the implementation of the new UI. We've been told that it will be reinstated in a future build.
Build 107 is now four lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng weeks old, and I've not installed it because I've been waiting for a newer build giving evidence that the major complaints of the users are going to be resolved. When, oh when, will the next build roll-out, because with each day that passes I doubt more and more that there will be any real improvement. Xiaobing? Anderson? Anybody?
I see Build 108 has been released, so my question remains: Is it worthwhile to install it? Have the important features removed previously been restored? If not, why not?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:04 pm
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP
Location: Grass Valley, CA

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by mbrazil » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 pm

brawnymike wrote:I see Build 108 has been released, so my question remains: Is it worthwhile to install it? Have the important features removed previously been restored? If not, why not?
I downloaded the USB version and tried to use it (I'm still using build 23 for actual browsing -- until there's a build of the real Avant browser like it used to be, I download the USB versions of the new builds for testing only). Anyway, there are some minor bugs fixed, some buttons have been restored to the Standard Buttons bar, and the ability to reorder the buttons has been restored. However, there are still no dividers.

All of the major bugs, defects, and omissions in builds 100 through 107 are still there in build 108. Apparently, all the big problems are being ignored. There are no worthwhile or important improvements in build 108. It's still a buggy, crippled approximation of the real Avant.

User avatar
brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Customisation of Buttons Missing Sorting Function

Post by brawnymike » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 pm

That is as I feared, based on the change report for the build. I'll opt to continue using AB 2013 Build 23, as I have been.

Post Reply