New **** up look or skin with Build-107!!

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

abuser
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 & 8.1
Avant Version: Latest
Default engine: Based on requirement
IE Version: IE 11
Skin: Opal Glass

New **** up look or skin with Build-107!!

Post by abuser » Fri May 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi,

sorry for using such words but try to understand.........new skin with 107 build is really a pain in bad place!!

its eating too much space & most of the menus are overlapping!! this is another headache!!

earlier in 2 rows i could arrange icons & bookmarks!! but in build 107 its taking at least 3-4 rows!! on a 14" screen its tough to read & need to keep scrolling!!

i tried to add/import skin (crystal skin) from old version but did not work!!

I HATE NEW LOOK/SKIN!!...........

please provide an option to use old icons......having used it for years i still have/facing confusion with new skin

thanks & Regards
ABUser.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: New **** up look or skin with Build-107!!

Post by mbrazil » Fri May 24, 2013 9:02 pm

You should be able to select any of the classic skins (including Crystal) in the Skins menu (Tools > Skins). All of the classic skins are listed in the menu below the line.

In build 107 with one of the classic skins, the toolbars and standard buttons still take up a bit more space than they used to, though. To get back the classic skins exactly the way they used to look, drop back to build 23 until there's a build in which the classic skins work properly. The three versions of build 23 (Lite, Ultimate, and USB) are available for download at http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/?c=Download& ... /13_Series.

abuser
Fan
Fan

Post by abuser » Sat May 25, 2013 9:30 am

i have been using only "crystal" skin since years with every build & never had issues except this build/release!!

even now with build 107 i am using crystal skin. these new icons & the way all bars are appearing is making it difficult to use. these bars overlap on another (try arranging 2 bars in same row.....you will notice this)

i am not going to revert to build 23!! all i am asking is provide an option to use old skin with old icons!! i even tried importing skin from build-11.7 Build 46 but did not help!!

HATE THIS NEW LOOK TO THE CORE!!!!!

if Avant team is not going to address/fix this issue then probably will start using some other browser!!

abuser
Fan
Fan

Post by abuser » Sun May 26, 2013 5:18 am

abuser wrote:i have been using only "crystal" skin since years with every build & never had issues except this build/release!!

even now with build 107 i am using crystal skin. these new icons & the way all bars are appearing is making it difficult to use. these bars overlap on another (try arranging 2 bars in same row.....you will notice this)

i am not going to revert to build 23!! all i am asking is provide an option to use old skin with old icons!! i even tried importing skin from build-11.7 Build 46 but did not help!!

HATE THIS NEW LOOK TO THE CORE!!!!!

if Avant team is not going to address/fix this issue then probably will start using some other browser!!
another observation:

based on skin either options are available or unavailable!! for e,g: select crystal skin then right click on top most bar you will see status bar option along with other options. now select stickers on glass skin, right click on top most bar you will see all other options except status bar!!

now go back to crystal skin, right click on top most bar select customize button, you will notice 3 of these options: standard buttons, other buttons, menu bar

again change to stickers on glass skin, right click on top most bar you will notice only 2 options standard buttons, other buttons!! menu bar option is missing!!

what type of scrwedup logic is this??!!

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Sun May 26, 2013 5:32 am

abuser
Fan
Fan

Post by abuser » Sun May 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Thank you Mike :) for links & letting all of us know about detailed testing :clap:

i second you......

few of the most irritating things what i noticed in this (even in few last builds as well) are

1. from options even if you select if closed then minimize to sys tray, instead it exits!!
2. click on history icon it used open a pane left side...having used it for years no i am finding it too tough when the opens right side
3. open a tab visit any site...wait till it loads completely then open another tab in address bar still the URL of previous tab/site appears......this is confusing & irritating
4. delete skin file from avant folder it doesn't makes any changes still you will get to see same icons (skin what you had selected!!)
5. even replacing skin file doesn't makes any difference!!

as you mentioned since nobody asked for any of these UI changes so i dont understand why these were introduced!! is it an experiment with users?

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 am

The new skins are different with the old ones. If you don't like the new skin, please stay with the old skins.
1. from options even if you select if closed then minimize to sys tray, instead it exits!!
http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32628
3. open a tab visit any site...wait till it loads completely then open another tab in address bar still the URL of previous tab/site appears......this is confusing & irritating
What's your setting in AB options>New tab>default action for new button and ctrl+N shortcut?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 am

abuser wrote:i am not going to revert to build 23!! all i am asking is provide an option to use old skin with old icons!! i even tried importing skin from build-11.7 Build 46 but did not help!!
At present, there is no way to get back the buttons that used to be in the classic skins in any build beyond build 23. The classic skins look and work exactly the same as they used to in build 23. We're waiting to hear what the developer intends to do regarding the skins and many other issues.

ICE2K
Windows Version: ICE XP PRO SP3
Avant Version: 2014 ULTIMATE B2
Default engine: CHROME
IE Version: 8.0
Skin: ((CRS)) VISTA

Post by ICE2K » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:46 am

HMMM WELL I WANNA USE MY((Crs)) VISTA SKIN.... MIGHT HAVE 2MAKE A NEW VER 2GO WITH THIS BUILD..... :? :?

AVANT LUVA..

WINS ICE XP PRO SP3
INTEL DP55KG OC 4.3GHZ 8GB RAM
DUAL 17" MONITORS 320,500, & 2X 1.5 TB SATA HD'S

Canaris101
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 10 64-bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2019 build 2
Default engine: Google Chrome
IE Version: N/A
Skin: Tristan :(

Post by Canaris101 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Hy, any news about this annoying fact?

I started to use the "2013 build 110" today, came from the good old 11.7, used there "vista small icons", a pretty nice black-one.

But what I have now is "Tristan" ("trist" means in german "sad"), and this is, to me, the best skin from all current avaiables.

Why we can not use the same styles we felt in love with? ;)
Sorry for my Spaghetti-English...