AutoFill edit doesn't work

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

SKJoy2001
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 + SP1
Avant Version: Ultimate 2013 Build 118
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 10 x64
Skin: Stickers on Glass

AutoFill edit doesn't work

Post by SKJoy2001 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:12 am

I often manually organize & edit AutoFills, specially for sign in forms. It seems that Avant Browser frequently and repeatedly fails to save AutoFill information in manual ways.

I right clicked the specific AutoFill item, say log in for Yahoo Mail, then I edited the URL and hit the OK button, but Avant Browser simply ignored my edit and got back to what it were!

The same happens even if I do the same from the Organize AutoFills window!
Broken Arrow
Dhaka, Bangladesh
+88 017 327 037 32
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.80 GHz 4 x 2 GB DDR III RAM @ 1333 MHz nVidia GeForce GT 630

brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass

Re: AutoFill edit doesn't work

Post by brawnymike » Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I don't know when this function broke, but I have the same problem in AB 2013 build 23.

Basically, the only way to edit or modify an AutoFill is to create a new one (rather than edit or copy the old) with the new info.

I have 105 AutoFills, most of which I created years ago, and (of course) over those years there have been frequent changes to the URLs and login passwords. Now, to have to create a new AutoFill every time there's a URL or password update--and then, to come up with another name for that AutoFill in order to distinguish it from the old one which will have to be deleted--is a bit labor-intensive to be considered a true "automation."