Search "g data" don't give me a correct result

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

lolo1
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows 10 64Bit
Avant Version: Latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: EDGE
Skin: Sitck Glass / Dream

Search "g data" don't give me a correct result

Post by lolo1 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi

From new version when I want to search "g data" the result is " data"

This bug is because the new version have a **** of shortcut who can't be deactivated !!!
And unfortunately that's a "google custom search result"....

Of courses I already do this: deactivate google custom search for a normal search and it works, but the " Google custom Search come back search "g ....."

Please remove this search engine google custom or let user choice to deactivate "alias" "shortcut"....

If I start a search I want the correct result, not a fake webpage result and not a wrong search (the g letters is removed).

And no I don't want to do this for search "g g data" it will start the search in google custom search

I don't want, and that's Very stupid to write "g" before the search, I just want to simply write and search in the search engine that I want...

Thanks you

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Search "g data" don't give me a correct result

Post by xiaobing » Mon May 13, 2013 7:26 am

What's "google custom search result"?
What you want is that you can delete the preset google search engine or change the url or shortcut?
You search keywords using address bar?

lolo1
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by lolo1 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 pm

What's "google custom search result"?

The result is basically open in "google costum search" , but my defaut search engine is : http://www.google.com/search?as_q=%s ( in the avant browser search engine option)

about google custom search: http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 21&t=31854

Yes of courses i want to deleted and modify default search engine , because the default search engine is open when i want to search a software or something starting with "g".

The shorcut "eat" the letters of the shorcut:

For example if i put the shortcut gg to a search engine and try to search " gg all" , gg is eating by the shortcut, and the result is "all" ( gg mean goog game in video game).

If i don't want to eat the "gg" or others , i need to delete the shorcut ! and then the search is complete ( i have " gg all" at the search result)

I have put before the search engine " http://www.google.com/search?as_q=%s " as default, without the shortcut "gg" annd there is no problems, if i try gg test , gg is not "eat" by the shortcut ....

I'm using the adress bar ( and no i don't want to use search bar)

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 am

I have put before the search engine " http://www.google.com/search?as_q=%s " as default, without the shortcut "gg" annd there is no problems, if i try gg test , gg is not "eat" by the shortcut ....
This has solved your problem, right?

I had requested to let users change the shortcuts of preset search engines, but it was no use.
So, if you don't like the preset search engine, then using the user-defined search engine as default is a good choice.

lolo1
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by lolo1 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 am

No this don't fix my problem , when i want to search "g data" then the result will always be "data" because i can't remove the shortcut about the google preset search engine ...

If i search " g data" , thenb automaticly the preset google search engine will be used, and i don't want it

brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass

Post by brawnymike » Tue May 14, 2013 4:38 pm

If I understand correctly, lolo1 wants to use NON-Avant Google to search for (exactly) "g data". However, when lolo1 puts "g data" in the address bar, Avant interprets that phrase as "use Avant Google to search for 'data'". Lolo1 doesn't want to search for "data" alone, and also doesn't want Avant to always assume that a "g" in the field is a command to use Avant Google (sometimes, a "g" is just that: a "g").

Jorge Junior
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits
Avant Version: See my signature
Default engine: See my signature
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16580
Skin: Xito

Post by Jorge Junior » Wed May 15, 2013 1:25 am

This bug is because the new version have a **** of shortcut who can't be deactivated !!!
That's funny!
Even though the option Tools...AB Options...Search Engine...Google was unchecked, AB was considering the "g" to be a shortcut for Google Search engine. So I decided to check that option, just to see if it would make any difference.
Well, it made no difference, but now I can't uncheck it again... which means it's not a build 107 issue. I'm still in build 23.
I use the latest Ultimate version with Mozilla rendering engine by default.
RoboForm2Go 7.9.16.7
WIN 10 Pro 64-bit Build 10532, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 2600, 3.40GHz, Cooler Master V10, PSU Zalman ZM600-HP, 16GB DDR3-1600, AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB, SyncMaster P2270HN.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 am

Thanks for you explanation,guys. Confirmed.