Keep Downloading Auto upgrade file!

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

banmay2001
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2013 build 21
Default engine: IE
IE Version: 9
Skin: Crystal

Keep Downloading Auto upgrade file!

Post by banmay2001 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 am

Hi all,
I'm using the latest avant browser (2013 build 21) but why my IDM keeps detecting an auto upgrade file of avant browser every time. I have unticked the Notify me if there's any download and automatically install hotfix but still doesn't help.

Any solution will be appreciated

Thanks

I46614161
Windows Version: windows XP
Avant Version: UL 2013 build 21
Default engine: Google
IE Version: IE8
Skin: Crystal

Re: Keep Downloading Auto upgrade file!

Post by I46614161 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 am

Yes , I have the same issue . So how do you solve it ?

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

What have you tried complete uninstall save your profile first then uninstall then clean your registery i use CCleaner myself but it just could be the 2013 versions i have not figured the 2013's yet my self lots of problems and are you useing the ultimate version as appossed to 2013 light version some people i know have gone back to 2012 versions everything is just rough right now i wish i could help you more . Do a site search for bookmarks or your problem i read it some where here on the site :) there is a problem it is the next active topic also you may look up mbrazil posts or shoot him a pm with the details to your problem i am sure he will help you :wave:

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 pm

I didn't respond to this because, other than uninstalling and reinstalling Avant, I don't have any suggestions on how to solve it. If you do want to try the uninstall/reinstall, first back up your Avant profiles. Go to Tools > Avant Browser Options > Profile, and record the current path to the Avant Profiles folder. Then copy the entire Avant Profiles folder, including sub-folders, to somewhere else on your hard drive or, even better, to an external drive.

I also suggest using Revo Uninstaller in its Advanced mode to uninstall Avant to be sure everything is removed. If Revo finds leftover registry data and files, select all of the things it finds and have it delete them.

If you're not familiar with Revo, check it out at http://www.revouninstaller.com/. The url to download the free version is http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Hey mike i thought you might know these 2013 versions are more problems then it's worth .Some have different problems when something works the next version takes it away it seems anderson is trying to fix the problems some he may but fixing one problem seems to make a new one .I am sure you have noticed it is not just the normal people that post in the forums i am starting to see new names. I am starting to become very fustrated 2013 versions are not what i had hoped for :think: