History not retained from session to session

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: History not retained from session to session

Post by mbrazil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:34 am

Update:

I created a complete new profile from scratch, and History still wasn't working. Just for the heck of it, I searched all my drives for sites.dat and found a copy of the file that was a couple weeks old (I'd temporarily switched my Profile path for a non-related issue back then). After I copied the two-week-old sites.dat over the sites.dat in my current profile and restarted Avant, all of the history from the older file is shown. Since then, I'm no longer losing the contents of History, including the earlier history and all the sites I've visited since copying the older sites.dat, even after closing and restarting Avant several times. In other words, History is working normally again since I copied the older sites.dat.

The oddest part of this is that I had previously deleted sites.dat from my current profile, and even when Avant created a new, empty sites.dat, History still didn't work properly. It seems as though the problem might have been related to some kind of corruption of the sites.dat file, but you'd think that when Avant created a new one, that would have been resolved. Something related to the profile and/or the History function is flaky.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 am

Do you still have a copy of the sites.dat that has problem? If you have, please send one to me.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 am

xiaobing wrote:Do you still have a copy of the sites.dat that has problem? If you have, please send one to me.
Attached.
Attachments
sites-dat.zip
(9.15 KiB) Downloaded 62 times