Ybrowser High CPU Utilization

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

eric859
Windows Version: Windows 7 64 Bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2013 build 110
Default engine: IE
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16521
Skin: Crystal

Ybrowser High CPU Utilization

Post by eric859 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I have been experiencing issues with ybrowser.exe using a consistent 13% or 25% CPU load on my i7 quad core. I can tell it's happening when I'm using my laptop and my legs get hot :-) After taking some time to troubleshoot the issue this morning, I can reproduce the issue consistently when I go to http://slickdeals.net. After going to the site and watching TaskManager, ybrowser.exe sits at 13%. If I turn off scripts, the problem does not occurr. The problem with that is I can also no longer view the web site. Is this a known issue? I've been experiencing it for months now.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
IE 9.0.8112.16421
Avant 2012 build 187

Thanks
Eric

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Ybrowser High CPU Utilization

Post by xiaobing » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:18 am

Please try the website in your IE browser.Is there the same result?

eric859

Post by eric859 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 pm

The problem does not occur in IE. Also, when I switch to xbrowser, the problem doesn't occur in avant either.

eric859

Post by eric859 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 am

I have been playing around with recreating this problem again tonight and am not able to recreate it consistently. I have gotten it to happen, but it's completely random. Seems to happen on random web pages and not consistently on those pages. A page will load fine, I'll refresh it and the problem will occur. I'll close down that tab, reload the page several more times and it won't happen again. Very frustrating.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:32 am

There have been discusions on this matter .So what i understand is that Ybrowser is required for avant to work .I have had the same ploblem as you it comes and goes i have 8 gigs of ram and a quad core as well.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 am

eric859 wrote:I have been playing around with recreating this problem again tonight and am not able to recreate it consistently. I have gotten it to happen, but it's completely random. Seems to happen on random web pages and not consistently on those pages. A page will load fine, I'll refresh it and the problem will occur. I'll close down that tab, reload the page several more times and it won't happen again. Very frustrating.
Hi Eric, have you checked Java to see if it's the latest version? You can download and install manually by going here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

eric859

Post by eric859 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 am

Yes, I had the same thought about Java. I actually ran the JavaRa to uninstall all versions of Java. I then installed the latest version. It didn't help. The problem still comes and goes. Thank you!

eric859

Post by eric859 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:33 pm

This is still happening after a couple of years now. Ybrowser.exe all of a sudden takes 100% of one of my 8 cpu's in Task Manager. It shows as 13% cpu utilization. It doesn't stop until I shutdown Avant Browser. Seems to happen randomly, but especially when I have multiple web pages open.

Any ideas?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 am

As a workaround, you might try running a utility that can terminate or temporarily reduce the priority for any instance of ybrowser.exe that exceeds whatever level of CPU usage you set for it. Three that I know of that can do this are Process Lasso, AnVir Task Manager, and Chameleon Task Manager.

What version and build of Avant are you currently running (is your profile for the Avant forums up-to-date? see http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=32497). If you're really still running Avant ver. 11.5 build 21, you might consider updating to a newer version/build of Avant.

Regarding Java, it's not worth the security risk to have Java enabled or even installed unless you really need it for a certain website or websites. If nothing else, disable it for all engines and for all other browsers, and enable it temporarily only when you absolutely have to use it.

eric859

Post by eric859 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:27 am

Thank you for your reply. I don't think I'll do the workaround you mentioned as it would just mask the problem. I updated my profile, so you can see what versions I'm using. I'm always on the newest version of Avant and have been since about 2003 when I started using it. I can't disable Java either as some pages that I go to daily rely on it. Is there any way to create detailed debugging logs to determine what starts the problem?

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 pm

I have noticed that since MS's last update that anytime I clicked on a url, or opened a web page, or if the system made any contact with the internet, that one of the SVCHost.exe's running in the background would take up anywhere from 80 to 97% of my CPU for about 10 to 15 seconds (Thanks to Process Explorer). This of course slowed my system to a crawl and took forever for a web page to finally load.
I finally started investigating and this is what I found. The offending SVCHost.exe was singly loading the DNSClient (DNSRSLVR.dll) under the Network service, and nothing else. Now I knew the DNS Client had to happen in order to use the DNS on the internet. I got to looking at some of the other SVCHost running and found that among a lot of other services it was running, the DNS Client was also running under the local service. That's when it hit me, two DNS clients running at the same time on two different services, one would have to compete with the other at the same time, and the one only running a single program was the loser, eating up massive CPU cycles.
I Killed the SVCHost.exe that was running the single program, DNSClient. Then I opened up a web page, it came up INSTANTLY! No waiting for up to 15 seconds and no CPU cycles eaten, just instant page loads. And everything else that depends on the DNS client, all updater's or anything that needs access to the internet also worked very fast without a bunch of CPU cycles being eaten. And in Avant, no more having to stop and restart the loading of pages! I went into Services and changed DNS Client from automatic to manual, and don't have this issue any more.

I just upgraded my internet service from 1 Mbps to 10 Mbps, and oh my god what a difference. Now that I have the DNS Client problem fixed, when I click on a link the page opens up instantly, and anything else that needs internet access, like my anti-virus update is done in seconds. I am a happy puppy right now, but would be much happier when Avant gets it's bugs worked out, if that ever happens.....
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)