Firefox rendering and Roboform

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro
Avant Version: N/A
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE8
Skin: N/A

Firefox rendering and Roboform

Post by Merel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:49 am

Thank you mbrazil,

It is off topic but I want to connect further to your last post. I have Roboform version 6 for desktop and also a Roboform2Go (on usb drive). Your screenshot shows a Roboform icon in the additional toolbar.

My problems:

- I can't manage to show a full RF toolbar in Avant ... while in rendering engine FF.

- I can't use the RF Add-on (which is actually the Roboform Lite version, using users data stored online data)
That's because this add-on is considered by Mozilla FF as being dangerous and therefore is being disabled.
I guess the only solution would be to always use Roboform2Go (and sync data between RF2Go as source to desktop version)

Questions
1. Did you upgrade to RF version7 or using version 6 ?
2. What is opened when clicking the RF-icon, shown on your screenshot ?

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Re: What makes our PC's deadslow for nothing ?

Post by flowrush » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Is the RF toolbar enabled in the FF Addons within Avant? I'm using RF v7 latest and thats what I would recommend.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:59 pm

flowrush wrote:Is the RF toolbar enabled in the FF Addons within Avant? I'm using RF v7 latest and thats what I would recommend.
The RoboForm toolbar add-on is enabled. After configuring the RoboForm toolbar in RoboForm options, I used the Customize command for the Firefox Add-on bar to drag the RoboForm toolbar items from the RoboForm toolbar to the custom Firefox toolbar I created and then deselected the RoboForm toolbar. As you can see in the screenshot I posted, the four RoboForm buttons I have enabled in the RoboForm toolbar are now at the right end of my custom toolbar. My custom toolbar also includes some buttons available in the Firefox Customize dialog and also some buttons from other add-ons in addition to the RoboForm buttons.

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

What makes our PC's deadslow for nothing ?

Post by Merel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry guys but neither of both #18 or #19 posts help me on my questions asked in my post#17.
Please read this post#17.

Remember FF disables automatically the RF toolbar.

So what is the situation in XP , when Avant Browser is using the FF rendering engine ?
Is it possible, or also disabled automatically ?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Re: Firefox rendering and Roboform

Post by mbrazil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi Merel,
Merel wrote:I have Roboform version 6 for desktop and also a Roboform2Go (on usb drive). Your screenshot shows a Roboform icon in the additional toolbar.
The RoboForm icon in the additional toolbar is the one that is usually part of the RoboForm toolbar. With the Firefox Customize Toolbar dialog open, I dragged the "RoboForm Toolbar Items" from the RoboForm toolbar onto my custom toolbar and then deselected the RoboForm toolbar. When you do this, RoboForm toolbar becomes superimposed on the custom toolbar. Whatever customizations you make to the RoboForm buttons using the RoboForm Customize Toolbar dialog (before or after moving the toolbar items to the custom toolbar) affect the RoboForm buttons in the custom toolbar the same way they would if you had the full RoboForm toolbar enabled.
Merel wrote:- I can't manage to show a full RF toolbar in Avant ... while in rendering engine FF.
First, you have to have the Firefox RoboForm Toolbar add-on installed (http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx). I don't know if the current RoboForm Toolbar add-on works with RoboForm 6, as Im currently using the desktop/everywhere version of RoboForm 7.7.3, but I think it should work. With the RoboForm Toolbar add-on installed and enabled, click on Tools | Mozilla Firefox | Add-on Bar. The Add-on Bar is displayed at the bottom of the tab pane. Right click the Add-on Bar, and click RoboForm Toolbar. The RoboForm toolbar appears at the top of the tab pane. You can then disable the Add-on Bar (just click the X at the left end), and the RoboForm toolbar will remain.
Merel wrote:- I can't use the RF Add-on (which is actually the Roboform Lite version, using users data )
That's because this add-on is considered by Mozilla FF as being dangerous and therefore is being disabled.
Don't use the "RoboForm for Firefox" add-on that you can download from the RoboForm site. Use only your desktop version and the "RoboForm Toolbar" add-on (http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx). When you have these both installed and enabled, you'll be able to sync your desktop version to your RoboForm account's stored online data. That should enable you to sync it to your RoboForm To Go.
Merel wrote:Questions
1. Did you upgrade to RF version7 or using version 6 ?
2. What is opened when clicking the RF-icon, shown on your screenshot ?
1. I am using RoboForm 7.7.3 (Everywhere).
2. That is the standard RoboForm icon you normally see in the RoboForm toolbar. It opens the usual RoboForm menu.

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Thank you

Post by Merel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you very much for your time and extended explanation, mbrazil.
Makes sense, altough it requires more steps to achieve the same thing usually requiring only a few steps.

I will follow your guidelines. However, my concern is that version 6, at some point might refuse to cooperate as well as the version you are using.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Re: Thank you

Post by mbrazil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Merel wrote:Thank you very much for your time and extended explanation, mbrazil.
Makes sense, altough it requires more steps to achieve the same thing usually requiring only a few steps.

I will follow your guidelines. However, my concern is that version 6, at some point might refuse to cooperate as well as the version you are using.
Both the number of steps required and the compatibility issue you are concerned about are due to changes in Firefox from version to version as well as changes in RoboForm. Both Mozilla and Siber Systems need to work together more closely to prevent their software from causing these kinds of issues for users.

BTW, you don't have to make your own custom toolbar to use RoboForm. You can just open the Add-on Bar, right click it, and select RoboForm Toolbar. The thing you can't do is drag the RoboForm toolbar (or any Firefox toolbar) to where you want it. You also can't move the RoboForm toolbar or any other Firefox toolbars out of the tab pane. I'd prefer to be able to put the RoboForm toolbar up with the Avant toolbars if I could, but unless Mozilla and/or Siber Systems are willing to make some changes to make that possible, we're stuck with having it take up space in the tab pane.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:12 am

AHH but by the time you guys end this maddness :lol: SKYNET will be online we will all be killed by are own puters. :lol: Just a little joke . To lighten the mood. So this is AXE reporting at the bottum of my latest bottle of tonight. :lol:

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Firefox rendering and Roboform

Post by xiaobing » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 am

Use roboform under firefox engine in Avant:
1 Install the firefox version of roboform in your computer
2 Tools>Mozilla firefox>Add-ons>extensions>Enable roboform toolbar
3 If the toolbar still doesn't show up, then right click a page>show roboform toolbar.