Broken Login Window for Facebook

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Broken Login Window for Facebook

Post by flowrush » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello,

I am using Ultimate Avant beta 121 and FF 10.0.2.

Go to this page here: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/s ... shop-mods/

Hit the 'Like' button with Roboform enabled, the popup login ha a fast continuous left to right resizing of the RF toolbar and the inside of the login window and I cannot login. This same page in Firefox doesn't do this at all. I uploaded two screenshots to show the difference.
broken-fb.jpg
broken in Avant 121
normal-fb.jpg
normal view in FF 10.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Broken Login Window for Facebook

Post by mbrazil » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I cannot duplicate this in pre-alpha 121. The login window is displayed correctly, as in your second screenshot (the one for Firefox). I don't know if it makes any difference, but do you have the latest version of RoboForm (7.7.2)? Also, Avant pre-alpha 121 uses the engine from Firefox version 11 beta 3 rather than 10.0.2, which could also make a difference.

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Post by flowrush » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:14 pm

mbrazil wrote:I cannot duplicate this in pre-alpha 121. The login window is displayed correctly, as in your second screenshot (the one for Firefox). I don't know if it makes any difference, but do you have the latest version of RoboForm (7.7.2)? Also, Avant pre-alpha 121 uses the engine from Firefox version 11 beta 3 rather than 10.0.2, which could also make a difference.

I'm using RF 7.7.2. Are you using the FF Rendering Engine? I'm not upgrading to FF 11b3 separately just to test in that.

Here it is with my screen recording as well -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bdshctL ... e=youtu.be

Also somethings up with the site or Avant. I can be logged in under one tab and not in a different one and no matter how many times I refresh it, it won't show me as logged in.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 pm

flowrush wrote:Are you using the FF Rendering Engine? I'm not upgrading to FF 11b3 separately just to test in that.
Yes, I use the firefox engine for almost all my browsing, and I used it when I went to the link you posted.
flowrush wrote:Also somethings up with the site or Avant. I can be logged in under one tab and not in a different one and no matter how many times I refresh it, it won't show me as logged in.
I can't reproduce that either. Even if I close all tabs that are open to the Avant forums, I'm still logged in when I open a new one. Try clearing your cache. You can clear the Firefox cache from the Firefox Options window (Tools | Mozilla Firefox | Options | Avanced | Network tab | Cached Web Content | Clear Now). You can also go to Tools | Clear Records | Clear Temporary Internet Files. I don't know if the two commands do exactly the same thing or not, so try both.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:27 am

Do you want roboform to auto fill the fields? If enable roboform toolbar in ab, can it auto fill?

For the forum of ab there is a parameter sid=******** added to the end of the url after you logging in, you should keep the same value for each link from the forum. Repeatedly logging in will change the value of sid.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com