RoboForm Logins open in current tab instead of new tab

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

RoboForm Logins open in current tab instead of new tab

Post by mbrazil » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Avant 2012 Ultimate Build 18
Firefox engine
RoboForm Everywhere 7.6.9
RoboForm Toolbar for Firefox 7.6.9 (Firefox add-on)

When I select a RoboForm login using the RoboForm toolbar Logins button, it takes over whatever tab has the focus at the time instead of opening a new tab, even though I've got RoboForm set to open in a "New Browser Window" (RoboForm Options | Login Browser | Login from Toolbar...). In the Avant options, under New Tab, "Always create a new tab for," all the items have check marks.

When RoboForm takes over a tab that was in use, the ability to use the Avant back-arrow button to get back to the previous site is eliminated (the arrow button is grayed out). The tab no longer has any history prior to the site the RoboForm login took it to. If I use any links on the page(s) of the site the RoboForm login took me to, I can then use the arrow buttons to navigate backward and forward, but I still can't go back to any of the pages I had viewed in that tab prior to the initial one from the RoboForm login.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Re: RoboForm Logins open in current tab instead of new tab

Post by mbrazil » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I also created a trouble ticket on RoboForm's site for this problem.

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by Julien90 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 am

Yes, but if you set Login from toolbar in same browser window in Roboform, the Back button in Avant is available.
I think this is a bug of roboform.

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Post by Sara » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 am

It's certainly not new. If I am forced to use a login instead of a Favorite to get to a site, I've always opened a new window first.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

This was RoboForm's response:

"Roman B replied (2012/01/09 08:57 am EST):
Hello, thanks for your reply, please notice that RoboForm is not intended to work in Avant with FireFox rendering engine active or any other gecko-based browsers except FireFox itself, that shows quite high rate of Avant integration with FireFox, when you run Avant, FireFox tabs load RoboForm add-on installed for FireFox. When you click a RoboForm login, RoboForm directs a FireFox (not Avant) to open a new tab for the login that would work fine in FireFox frame, unfortunately Avant frame does not seem to handle the command properly, thus you can see a problem, unfortunately we can do nothing with it but can only report the issue to Avant team, hope they will fix it. Thanks for using RoboForm and sorry for your inconvenience."

This is either buck-passing, or the ball is back in Avant's court.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Sara wrote:It's certainly not new. If I am forced to use a login instead of a Favorite to get to a site, I've always opened a new window first.
I don't know when I started to experience this, but I used to use RoboForm in Orca and never had the problem there. So, it's either new to Avant 2011/2012, or it's something related to the newer versions of the firefox engine.

In either case, do we have to continue to live with this, or will Avant and RoboForm keep blaming each other?

BTW, opening a new tab first doesn't always work either. If I open a new window and choose a RoboForm login, it does open in that window. However, if I then open another new tab and choose another RoboForm login, it takes over the previous new tab. I've got Avant set to open new tabs in the foreground, so the second new window does have the focus when I choose the second RoboForm login. I don't know what makes the difference, but if I don't open the second new tab right away, it does work properly when I open it later.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Julien90 wrote:Yes, but if you set Login from toolbar in same browser window in Roboform, the Back button in Avant is available.
I think this is a bug of roboform.
I hadn't tried it that way, but you're right -- the Back button does work when it's set to log in in the same window.

See my other post in this thread for RoboForm's response. They say it's an Avant problem.

Thanks.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:03 am

Recorded.