Roboform Autofill and Toolbar---IE

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

eastangel
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Re: Roboform Autofill and Toolbar

Post by eastangel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 am

No. Roboform2go did not have roboform.dll (instead roboform.bin).

But the roboform2go bar is there.It stuck bottom & behind Avant. No way to haul to top and no options in roboform move taskbar.

Windows xp 32-bit and windows 7 pro 64-bit. Same situation. Roboform2go 7.6.7 enterprise.

Thank you,

East

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7/64 - AMD A8 4.2GHz 8GB RAM
Avant Version: 2017 Build 07 Ultimate
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Dream

Post by creep » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:26 pm

@ Jasmine

Test 1 Only Roboform.dll ticked (I unticked other RF options)
a) cannot log into website (used http://www.ocado.com/webshop/startWebshop.do to test) as RF does not offer a passcard
b) cannot log into website as I do not have Fill Forms on the context menu
c) there is NOT a Roboform option hanging off Internet options

Test 2 Also ticked "Fill Forms - Context menu"
a) RF still does not offer me a passcard
b) I was able to right-click to select Fill Forms - and it entered the email address (user) and password
c) there is NOT a Roboform option hanging off Internet options

Test 3 Also ticked "Roboform - IE Toolbar"
a) RF still does not offer me a passcard
b) I was able to right-click to select Fill Forms - and it entered the email address (user) and password
c) there is now a Roboform option hanging off Internet options - ticking that puts the upper toolbar on: unticking turns it off again

So, we are in the same position - RF only works if the upper toolbar is turned on - which I do not want

Also, see my post "Roboform login screen comes .. and goes". This was reported when I was on Build 7. I am now on Build 8 and it happened again today.

eastangel
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by eastangel » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:41 pm

@creep
RF only works if the upper toolbar is turned on - which I do not want
Where I can find this option. Please post screenshot.

Thank you,

East

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:50 pm

You can see a screenshot on page 1 of this trail

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:16 am

creep wrote: 2. RF has stopped offering me the passcard to select(?). I have to right-click and select Fill Forms for websites.
However, if I start IE ..... it works.
(Note that I have tried saving the passcard again, but it makes no difference)

Please sort this out as it is driving me mad.
I don't use Roboform often, I just tried myself and I have to correct my previous words. For making roboform functionate without showing toolbar, I have to enable the following options in Avant Browser Options->addons->ie plugins:
Fill Forms -IE context menu
Save Forms -IE context menu
Fill Forms -IE button
Save -IE button

After filling a form the roboform window pops up for notifying me to save data.
Before filling a form, I have to right click on the field and choose Fill Forms from the context menu.

After disabling showing roboform tool bar in ie, roboform functionates the same way. Could you tell me what's the right way that roboform functionates in IE but not in Avant?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 am

Jasmine
For years, the way RF worked with Avant, is that when I get to a website with a username and password, it either
a) fills the two fields immediately, or
b) a window pops up to allow me to select the passcard I want eg, I might have more than one account at that website

Now, it does nothing automatically for logging in as it is not working properly. I have to right-click and select Fill Forms. This is NOT the way it is supposed to work.

As for, creating / saving a new passcard, similarly, it is supposed to immediately offer to save a passcard. I should NOT have to tell it that I would like it to save a passcard.

If you try these two things in IE, you should find RF stll works properly - or at least, that is what my very quick test showed, as I do not usually use IE directly.

So you should try RF in IE9 if you really want to see how it is supposed to work.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:54 am

I tried roboform 7.6.6 and 7.6.7 both in IE and Avant browser.Same result:
1 When I save password, it pops up to ask if I want to save the password
2 When I open the site that I have saved password, it never fill the username and password automatically for me.

Please do a test as follows:
1 Disable your"Contact"
2 Open your IE and go to Internet Options>Content>Disable Autocomplete
3 Intenet Options>General>Browsing history>Delete all the cookies in your IE
4 Then,try roboform again in your IE . Will it still auto save and fill the username/assword?

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 am

I am posting this onto the RF website too
@xiaobing, Avant
You said "I tried roboform 7.6.6 and 7.6.7 both in IE and Avant browser.Same result:"
My reply: I am not on 7.6.7 yet. Why ? Because one of the things I have been telling Roboform for the past year is that since RF moved to v7, it has stopped telling me when there is a new version. They do not seem to understand this because presumably they think everyone has the RF toolbar permanently on the screen .... which, as everyone should know by now, I do not - and I do not want it permanently on the screen.

You said "1 When I save password, it pops up to ask if I want to save the password"
My reply - did you have the toolbar on the Avant ascreen ? I suspect you did - so that does not count. You need to test it without the toolbar on the screen.

You said "2 When I open the site that I have saved password, it never fill the username and password automatically for me."
My reply - as I said previously, I did a very quick IE test as I do not use IE. Doing that test again now, I see there is an RF toolbar at the top of the screen. I just quickly tried and I can't even turn it off. Perhaps there is a way. Anyhow, the point is, i9n the past there was only an option of using the toolbar - and I never used it except to experiment. I neither IE nor Avant work without the toolbar, that is even worse ! As I said, I have been complaining to RF for the past year.

Autocomplete and cookies are nothing to do with RF and Avant not working together any more.

Please get together with RF and sort this out.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:20 am

I am posting this onto the RF website too
@xiaobing, Avant
You said "I tried roboform 7.6.6 and 7.6.7 both in IE and Avant browser.Same result:"
My reply: I am not on 7.6.7 yet. Why ? Because one of the things I have been telling Roboform for the past year is that since RF moved to v7, it has stopped telling me when there is a new version. They do not seem to understand this because presumably they think everyone has the RF toolbar permanently on the screen .... which, as everyone should know by now, I do not - and I do not want it permanently on the screen.

You said "1 When I save password, it pops up to ask if I want to save the password"
My reply - did you have the toolbar on the Avant ascreen ? I suspect you did - so that does not count. You need to test it without the toolbar on the screen.

You said "2 When I open the site that I have saved password, it never fill the username and password automatically for me."
My reply - as I said previously, I did a very quick IE test as I do not use IE. Doing that test again now, I see there is an RF toolbar at the top of the screen. I just quickly tried and I can't even turn it off. Perhaps there is a way. Anyhow, the point is, in the past there was only an option of using the toolbar - and I never used it except to experiment. If neither IE nor Avant work without the toolbar, that is even worse ! As I said, I have been complaining to RF for the past year.

Autocomplete and cookies are nothing to do with RF and Avant not working together any more.

Please get together with RF and sort this out.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:40 am

@xiaobing, Avant
... one more thing .... if you have already "done something" with RF ..... then it might offer you a passcard - or perhaps offer to save a passcard.

I cannot say exactly what you need to have done before, but I believe that if I have already done a right-click and told RF to Fill Forms (I should not have to tell it to do this), then I recall that after logging into a site, then coming back out AND passing the login screen again, it does offer me the passcard when it sees the password screen.

I hope this helps ...

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:18 am

This is my setting of roboform in IE, I don't enable toolbar:
roboform setting in IE.jpg
When I login avant forum , it pops up this window:
save password.jpg
save password.jpg (20.97 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
Click "Save" to save the passcard, then I log off & close avant forum, open Avant forum again, it doesn't autofill my username and password.

I have the same setting of roboform in Avant browser, the same steps and the same result.

Are these correct steps?

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:21 am

creep, where is your thread in roboform forum? I wonder what they replied. :)

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am

@AbelAbel
The RF "forum" is not open as far as I am aware - I have to log in and I can only see my own threads.
However, yesterday they said there might be something for Avant this coming weekend. Quite what that will be I wait to see.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:09 am

I am posting this on RF as well as Avant
@xiaobing - Avant
Yes - creating a passcard is rather like that.
When RF tries to create one automatically, it has a stab at a suitable name for the website - so it will be not be Avant.**

It might be that in fact IE also requires the RF toolbar to be running. I have not looked that closely at IE as I do not use it - although during a quick look at IE again, I could not see how to turn it off.

If it is so that RF only works in IE if the toolbar is plasterered across the screen, then that is a problem. I cannot imagine why users would want a chunk of their screen permanently occupied by the RF toolbar unless RF is in constant use - and in any case, I find it easier without the toolbar.

This is not how it was until recently. For years, the RF toolbar was not needed - and I do not want it.

**HOWEVER - I logged an issue in July 2011 headed "Roboform not quite right" at this address http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30263

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:31 am

@xiaobing, Avant
[quote="creep"]@xiaobing, Avant
... one more thing .... if you have already "done something" with RF ..... then it might offer you a passcard - or perhaps offer to save a passcard.

I cannot say exactly what you need to have done before, but I believe that if I have already done a right-click and told RF to Fill Forms (I should not have to tell it to do this), then I recall that after logging into a site, then coming back out AND passing the login screen again, it does offer me the passcard when it sees the password screen.

I hope this helps ...[/quote]

I have just realised that the reason it probably worked on the way out is that it had automatically stuck the lower RF toolbar on the screen after I logged in - therefore it offered me the passcard as it should, the next time it saw a password screen ...

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro

Post by Julien90 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am

So,it turn out to be not the problem of Avant. Well,I 'm look forward to what roboform will do for Avant.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Here is a reply just received from Roboform advising that RF does work in IE without the toolbar (or at least I think that it says)

It also says there will be a RF fix which means it will not keep putting the lower toolbar on the screen.
However, this might not be the full solution to RF offering me passcards when I am using Avant ..... because currently, that only works if the toolbar is on the screen ....

Roboform is supposed to fill the user name and password fields (or offer a selection to choose from if I have more than one for that site). If I have to turn on the toolbar first then the RF fix is only going to be fixing a small part of the problem.

It is also saying that if I cannot save a specific passcard whilst using Avant, then I can save it from IE ....

We shall see what happens after the new version arrives. So here is the reply from RF:
"Hello, thanks for your reply.
As for IE, you can hide RoboForm toolbar in IE and all RF abilities will remain available unless you disable them,

To keep RF enabled without its toolbar shown, when you click IE View > Toolbars > RoboForm Toolbar to hide the bar and
IE ask if you'd like to disable related add-ons,
clean *all* checkboxes in the box with the question and
click Disable then to leave all RoboForm add-ons enabled

If you disable some of RoboForm abiliites by mistake
click IE Tools > Manage Add-ons to enable them separately or
show RoboForm toolbar in IE and let IE to enable all related add-ons, then
hide the bar in the manner described above.

As for Avant, it may not load RoboForm at start if RoboForm Toolbar is not ticked in Avant settings to related to IE extensions allowed in Avant,
but you can do without it, just enabled RoboForm Browser Helper and RoboForm context menu items,

To make it work in Avant after Avant was started but did not load RoboForm, click it with the right mouse button > Show RoboForm Toolbar, the lower toolbar will attach to Avant, you can close it, if you do not need it.

Unfortunately RoboForm does not memorize you closed the bar for Avant and will keep attaching its toolbar to the browser, it is going to be fixed in the next release, the new release is coming up soon.

As for http://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/, if you encounter any difficulties with saving passcards for the site in Avant, you can do it in IE, it should work fine in Avant then.
Thanks for using RoboForm and sorry for your inconvenience."

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:30 pm

@xiaobing - Avant
(I am going to post this on the RF site too)
Instead of your experimenting with IE to see how it is supposed to work with Roboform, you can experiment with the real thing ... Avant.

I have just reinstalled the oldest version pf Avant I have and immediately it appears to work fine as regards offering me passcards and also lower toolbar not continually jumping up - and working without any RF toolbar on screen.

This is Avant 2011 Build 33. This version was before Avant moved the Roboform tickbox (it is on View > Toolbars).

I uninstalled 2012 / 8, then installed 2011 / 33 - moved back from Admin to std user (I only run stuff as a std user) - the first time the lower toolbar popped up it asked if I wanted it go away forever (or words to that effect) - so now it offers me passcards just as it should.

So, without any changes from Roboform, just going back to an older version of Avant means that the above things now work. I should mention that I have done absolutely no more testing than the very briefest things above.

I think the above is the main problem which needs resolving - other things I have mentioned earlier are secondary

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:49 am

Confirmed

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7

Post by AbelAbel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 am

eastangel wrote:No. Roboform2go did not have roboform.dll (instead roboform.bin).

But the roboform2go bar is there.It stuck bottom & behind Avant. No way to haul to top and no options in roboform move taskbar.

Windows xp 32-bit and windows 7 pro 64-bit. Same situation. Roboform2go 7.6.7 enterprise.

Thank you,

East
Upgrade to the newest roboform :D
Version 7.6.8
* Avant: Fix user cannot close lower RF Toolbar permanently in Avant.
FYI, seems it's a win7 problem. It doesn't happen on xp. I've tested in avant 2012 pre-alpha 102. Having the roboform option "AutoFill | Offer to AutoFill Web(HTML) Forms" checked. Account and passwords did complete automatically.