Roboform Autofill and Toolbar---IE

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7/64 - AMD A8 4.2GHz 8GB RAM
Avant Version: 2017 Build 07 Ultimate
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Dream

Roboform Autofill and Toolbar---IE

Post by creep » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 pm

I am getting fed up with Avant / Roboform issues lately. I have raised them with the RF people but got nowhere so far.

I am on IE9 but actually use Avant 2012 Lite Build 8
I am on the latest Roboform 7.6.6

1. I never use the Toolbar as I have not use for it and it occupies space on the screen.
If I do NOT tick the RF add-on in IE, then I do NOT get the upper toolbar
However, every time I log into RF, I get a lower toolbar !
I do not want it anywhere on the screen. For years, I have not been bugged the toolbar - it is only recently this started happening. I am sure there used to be an option on View > Toolbars > Roboform (but there isn't any more) - if I did not tick this I was not bugged. Now the option does not exist.

2. RF has stopped offering me the passcard to select. I have to right-click and select Fill Forms for websites.
However, if I start IE ..... it works.
(Note that I have tried saving the passcard again, but it makes no difference)

Please sort this out as it is driving me mad.

If you want to test a particular website, you can tryy the one I was just using ... you can do your supermarket shopping, but the delivery charge might be excessive :D
http://www.ocado.com/webshop/startWebshop.do
Last edited by Jasmine on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: a problem in ie rendering mode

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Skin: Crystal

Re: Roboform Autofill and Toolbar

Post by bigC » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Can you uncheck it under Tools>Internet Explorer

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Untick what ?

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 am

I am sure there used to be an option on View > Toolbars > Roboform (but there isn't any more) - if I did not tick this I was not bugged. Now the option does not exist.
We have moved the View>toolbars>Roboform to Tools>Internet Explorer
So you should uncheck the Robofom toolbar under Tools>Internet explorer.That's what bigc said.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 am

Dear Roboform
You are telling me to tick ALL RF options in Add-ons

Dear Avant
You are telling me to tick ALL RF options in Add-ons apart from Roboform Toolbar ...
(presumably this is in Tools>Internet Explorer>Internet options>Programs>Manage add-ons)
and that you have changed the Toolbar option

I am now putting this same message and attaching the same screen prints on both your sites.
Please let me know how you get on ...

.......... Oh dear - the site does not allow docx or doc or pdf ....
Please tell me how I can make all the screenshots etc available

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm

what about note pad :)

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:39 am

1.jpg
In 2012 versions we have changed the location of IE toolbars. They used to be listed under View>Toolbars , now in 2012 versions we changed the location to Tools>Internet explorer>Internet options.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 am

I have 2012 Build 8 ....... but the Roboform option you are showing me does not exist ....

It just shows the usual "Internet Options"

I shall experiment more ..

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 am

I am posting the same information / message on both Avant and Roboform websites so you both know what is going on

Dear Roboform
Your latest advice is
a) "RoboForm Toolbar needs to be enabled to work properly in Avant. In Internet Explorer, RoboForm works without the toolbar."
My reply: Oh dear. The one thing I never want to use as it fill the screen ... and actually, I prefer using RF without the toolbar

b) "It looks like the e-mail address is filled in from browser cache. Please clean your browser cache.
In Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Click "Delete..." -> Check "Cookies" and "Form Data" -> Click "Delete" button."
My reply: I had actually cleared all those things (apart from a handful of cookies I keep - which are not related to the sites I tested the email address on)
I never use autofil from the browser - but I have checked that it is not enabled.

UPDATE: I can now give you a pointer. I have a RF Identity for myself with all the info you expect and it is password protected.
For years, I have also had another one (I call Contact) which only contains email, house address etc which is NOT password protected and I use it to quickly fill without logging in to Roboform.
I have just tested putting a password on that Contact Identity ..... and it immediately stopped spontaneously filling in the email addresses. (You already have my RF Autofill settings)

I then closed the browser, removed the password protection, then tried again. It is now NOT filling in the email address. I have since closed the browser a few times - and re-booted - and it is "fixed". So, I am convinced it is related to that Contact Identity, although it is not clear what triggered it's going wrong.
This filling of email address was not what I originally complained about - it only started after I had been changing RF / Avant settings trying to get the other things to work properly. Note that re-installing RF did not cure it. Only, password-protecting cured it.

However, I am on RF 7.6.6. If you check the Version History of Roboform on your own website, you will note that Version 7.6.5 lists amongst the changes "Make RoboForm work in Avant 2012". Sorry to disappoint you, but that made it worse. Please get together with Avant and sort this out.

Dear Avant
Our friends at Roboform now tell me that RF does not work with Avant .... unless I use the toolbar. I have never needed to use the toolbar in all the years I have used Avant and RF. I do NOT want to use the toolbar.

You are now telling me that there is an extra "Roboform" option hanging off "Internet Explorer" ........ NOT ON MY PC !!
I have the W7 Ultimate with the latest updates, the latest IE updates, the latest Avant updates, the latest Roboform updates.

You are telling me Avant has changed something in this area ...... something has gone wrong !

Please get together with the Roboform people and sort this out.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 am

However, I am on RF 7.6.6. If you check the Version History of Roboform on your own website, you will note that Version 7.6.5 lists amongst the changes "Make RoboForm work in Avant 2012". Sorry to disappoint you, but that made it worse. Please get together with Avant and sort this out.
The problem they fixed about Avant is that roboform caused some crash when using firefox engine in Avant browser.

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by Julien90 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:46 am

1. I never use the Toolbar as I have not use for it and it occupies space on the screen.
If I do NOT tick the RF add-on in IE, then I do NOT get the upper toolbar
However, every time I log into RF, I get a lower toolbar !
I do not want it anywhere on the screen. For years, I have not been bugged the toolbar - it is only recently this started happening. I am sure there used to be an option on View > Toolbars > Roboform (but there isn't any more) - if I did not tick this I was not bugged. Now the option does not exist.
Actually, I'm a little confused. You want neither the upper roboform toolbar nor the lower toolbar, and just want the filling of email address?
"For years, I have not been bugged the toolbar - it is only recently this started happening. I am sure there used to be an option on View > Toolbars > Roboform (but there isn't any more) - if I did not tick this I was not bugged."
You said don't check the view>toolbars>roboform toolbar can fix the problem, so all of us are trying to tell you where is the old View>toolbars>roboform toolbar in the new versions.
You are now telling me that there is an extra "Roboform" option hanging off "Internet Explorer" ........ NOT ON MY PC !!
Use IE rendering engien under Tools>Default rendering engines and then go to Tools>Avant browser options>Add-ons>IE plug-ins, check all the options about robform, then you will see the roboform toolbar hanging off "Internet Explorer".

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 am

@Julien90
"just want the filling of email address?"
I want RF to work as it is supposed to. It has been filling in just email addresses on screens where there is an email address field (acting as username) but not trying to fill in the password. As I said, it seems to have been a RF problem.

"You said don't check the view>toolbars>roboform toolbar can fix the problem, so all of us are trying to tell you where is the old View>toolbars>roboform toolbar in the new versions." I know - and I told you IT DOES NOT EXIST on my PC

"Use IE rendering engien under Tools>Default rendering engines and then go to Tools>Avant browser options>Add-ons>IE plug-ins, check all the options about robform, then you will see the roboform toolbar hanging off "Internet Explorer"."
There are two Default Rendering engines. I have IE9 ticked. However, if I tick IE Compatible, the result is the same ... no Roboform option

dutchdummy
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2012 RC 2
IE Version: IE 8

Post by dutchdummy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 pm

I hated the Roboform toolbar as well. My solution was to delete the .exe file entirely. First, use Windows Task Manager to kill RoboTaskBarIcon.exe. Then go to the installed directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI Roboform) and delete the file. You will never be troubled by the toolbar again.

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Some experimentation has led me to glimpse the elusive new Roboform option, as follows:
1) In Avant > Tools> IE> Internet options> Manage Add-ons> Enable all the Roboform options
2) In Avant > Avant Browser Options> Add-ons > IE Plugins tab > tick Roboform (IE Toolbar)
This results in
a) the Roboform upper toolbar appearing, and
b) an extra Roboform option hanging off Avant > Tools > Internet Explorer

This means I can now do ….
3) Go to the new Roboform option, untick it ….. and the upper RF Toolbar goes away again.
Marvellous ! Not sure what this is supposed to achieve …

To summarize:
Earlier, I did not have the extra Roboform option, because I did not do step 2 ….. Because, as I have made clear, I do not want the Roboform Toolbar.

So, I have an Avant option where I can turn on the RF Toolbar …..
And I have a new, completely different Avant option, where I can turn it off again …

Quite what this achieves is beyond me, because
a) I do not want the RF Toolbar on (Avant and RF has worked fine for years with no RF toolbar)
b) RF does not work without the RF Toolbar on
c) I do not expect to turn on the toolbar every time I want to log into something

As RF still appears to work in IE itself, this must be an Avant problem which needs to be fixed

(One last point - for me, the Default Rendering Engine selection has no effect on the appearance of the new Robofom option – it is the same whether I select IE Compatible or IE9)

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:10 pm

DUDE if you just want the email address of your site when you go to your sites make a word doc and put the email addresses in that then when you want to go to a site coppy the address from the word doc say from your desktop or where ever you put it and paste it in the address bar and go. Now you have all your site addies.On the word doc also save some where off your computer to like a blank cd or the like then you will always have it and it is very easy to do and your problem will be solved. :)

creep
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by creep » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 am

@Axeman
I think you and Julien90 need to read all the information in this trail before commenting.

I have been using Avant and RF for years. I can tell when it is not working. I think you must be enjoying Christmas a little early ......

Note what RF say ... "RoboForm Toolbar needs to be enabled to work properly in Avant. In Internet Explorer, RoboForm works without the toolbar." In other words, RF no longer works with Avant.

So
a) I do NOT use the toolbar. When the toolbar is not used,
b) Roboform does not work
Try it yourself .....

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 pm

You are correct i missunderstood email addies for site addresses i am sorry about that sir.

eastangel
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by eastangel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 am

I use Avant ultimate and roboform (both portable). Idid not see 'roboform'. How ever, roboform bar on the bottom 'behind the avant browser. I could not move at all.I had to move the avant browser at the bottom of the monitor so that I see roboform.
Attachments
Robo-2.jpg
robo-2
roboform.jpg
roboform

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:09 am

creep wrote:
To summarize:
Earlier, I did not have the extra Roboform option, because I did not do step 2 ….. Because, as I have made clear, I do not want the Roboform Toolbar.

So, I have an Avant option where I can turn on the RF Toolbar …..
And I have a new, completely different Avant option, where I can turn it off again …
What if only enable roboform.dll in avant browser options->addons->ie plug-ins without checking other options?
1.JPG
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:39 am

eastangel wrote:I use Avant ultimate and roboform (both portable). Idid not see 'roboform'. How ever, roboform bar on the bottom 'behind the avant browser. I could not move at all.I had to move the avant browser at the bottom of the monitor so that I see roboform.
Can you see roboform.dll or roboform toolbar in avant browser options->addons->ie plug-ins? If not roboform option won't appear under tools->Internet Explorer.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com