Still some Roboform problems

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Still some Roboform problems

Post by mbrazil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 am

AB Ult. B8 Firefox eng.

I'm still seeing some problems with Roboform:

1. The Roboform toolbar is not in the list when I right-click a toolbar and choose Toolbars. I reinstalled Roboform to see if that would help, but it made no difference. I have the latest version of Roboform installed (7.6.3).

2. I mostly use the Firefox engine, and I have placed a Roboform toolbar in an add-on bar at the top of the tab window. When I go to a site that is set to open with the IE8 engine, I get a non-movable Roboform toolbar at the bottom of the IE8 tab window. As long as any tab remains open that's using the IE8 engine, this Roboform toolbar also appears at the bottom of ALL tab windows, including those that are using the Firefox engine, so I then have two Roboform toolbars on all tab windows opened with firefox.exe. If I close all the tabs that are using IE8, the bottom Roboform toolbar goes away on ALL the tab windows. Also, if I click the close button (x) at the right end of the bottom Roboform toolbar in any tab, that toolbar closes, but so does the Roboform portion of the Firefox add-on bar in all tabs. In addition, the bottom Roboform toolbar sometimes moves to somewhere in the middle of the tab window, and when this happens, it's not as wide as when it's at the bottom, and it can't be dragged to another part of the window.

3. Roboform passcards always open in the tab currently being viewed even though Roboform is set to open all site passcards in a new tab in Avant. This is probably related to the bug that other links that are set to open in a new tab frequently open in the currently viewed tab. The only difference is that Roboform links seem to always open in the current tab.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Still some Roboform problems

Post by xiaobing » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 am

1. The Roboform toolbar is not in the list when I right-click a toolbar and choose Toolbars. I reinstalled Roboform to see if that would help, but it made no difference. I have the latest version of Roboform installed (7.6.3).
In 2012 versions, we have moved the toolbars to the place under Tools>Internet explorer (IE engine) and Tools>mozilla firefox>add-ons(firefox engine)

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 am

2. I mostly use the Firefox engine, and I have placed a Roboform toolbar in an add-on bar at the top of the tab window. When I go to a site that is set to open with the IE8 engine, I get a non-movable Roboform toolbar at the bottom of the IE8 tab window. As long as any tab remains open that's using the IE8 engine, this Roboform toolbar also appears at the bottom of ALL tab windows, including those that are using the Firefox engine, so I then have two Roboform toolbars on all tab windows opened with firefox.exe. If I close all the tabs that are using IE8, the bottom Roboform toolbar goes away on ALL the tab windows. Also, if I click the close button (x) at the right end of the bottom Roboform toolbar in any tab, that toolbar closes, but so does the Roboform portion of the Firefox add-on bar in all tabs. In addition, the bottom Roboform toolbar sometimes moves to somewhere in the middle of the tab window, and when this happens, it's not as wide as when it's at the bottom, and it can't be dragged to another part of the window.

3. Roboform passcards always open in the tab currently being viewed even though Roboform is set to open all site passcards in a new tab in Avant. This is probably related to the bug that other links that are set to open in a new tab frequently open in the currently viewed tab. The only difference is that Roboform links seem to always open in the current tab.
Which version of roboform do you use?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm

xiaobing wrote:
Which version of roboform do you use?

Roboform Everywhere 7.6.3

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

xiaobing wrote:In 2012 versions, we have moved the toolbars to the place under Tools>Internet explorer (IE engine) and Tools>mozilla firefox>add-ons(firefox engine)
Can anything be done to make it possible to drag the Roboform toolbar in line with one of the Avant toolbars? I keep only four icons in the Roboform toolbar, and it uses space that I'd rather devote to the web page being viewed.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:46 am

Can anything be done to make it possible to drag the Roboform toolbar in line with one of the Avant toolbars? I keep only four icons in the Roboform toolbar, and it uses space that I'd rather devote to the web page being viewed.
cannot move the toolbars in 2012 versions.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:04 am

2. I mostly use the Firefox engine, and I have placed a Roboform toolbar in an add-on bar at the top of the tab window. When I go to a site that is set to open with the IE8 engine, I get a non-movable Roboform toolbar at the bottom of the IE8 tab window. As long as any tab remains open that's using the IE8 engine, this Roboform toolbar also appears at the bottom of ALL tab windows, including those that are using the Firefox engine,
How did you move the roboform toolbar to the top of the tab window under firefox engine?
In 2012 versions, it's impossible to move roboform toolbar no matter in IE rendering or firefox engine. The roboform toolbar always sits unders tab bar.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:16 am

Please see here http://news.softpedia.com/news/Firefox- ... 5614.shtml
firefox 8.0.1 is conflict with roboform, we have update the Gecko engine, please redownload Avant browser.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 am

xiaobing wrote:How did you move the roboform toolbar to the top of the tab window under firefox engine?
In 2012 versions, it's impossible to move roboform toolbar no matter in IE rendering or firefox engine. The roboform toolbar always sits unders tab bar.
With the Roboform Toolbar visible at the bottom of the window, I created a new Firefox add-on toolbar by turning on the Add-on Bar, right-clicking it, choosing Customize, and clicking the Add New Toolbar button. With the Customize Toolbar window displayed, the contents of the Firefox toolbars are shown at the top of the tab window, and one of the items shown in one of the toolbars (the RoboForm Toolbar) was RoboForm Toolbar Items with the RoboForm icon at the left of the word RoboForm. I dragged RoboForm Toolbar Items from where it was in its own toolbar into my new toolbar along with some of the buttons available in the Customize Toolbar window.
Add-on bars.jpg
Configuring the toolbar with RoboForm items included.
After clicking Done in the Customize Toolbar window, my new toolbar appeared at the top of all new and existing Firefox tab windows with the buttons I'd configured for the RoboForm Toolbar (using RoboForm's Customize Toolbar window) included in the FireFox add-on toolbar I created.
My toolbar.jpg
My toolbar at the top of a Firefox tab window.
I then closed the original RoboForm Toolbar at the bottom of the tab window by clicking the X at the right-hand end of the toolbar and closed the Add-on Bar at the bottom of the tab window. Sometimes, if you close or deselect the RoboForm Toolbar, both the entire RoboForm Toolbar at the bottom of the tab window and the RoboForm section of the new add-on toolbar at the top of the tab window both disappear. To get the RoboForm portion back in the add-on toolbar, go back to Customize, and drag the RoboForm Toolbar Items back into add-on toolbar. From then on, it will be there at the top of all Firefox tab windows unless you remove it or somehow deactivate the RoboForm Toolbar again.

If I open a site that I've got configured to open with IE8, the RoboForm Toolbar appears at the bottom of the IE8 tab window. With an IE8 tab open, the RoboForm Toolbar also appears at the bottom of all other tab windows, including those using the Firefox engine, but the Firefox add-on toolbar also continues to appear at the top of the Firefox tab windows.
IE8 tab window.jpg
IE8 tab window with RoboForm toolbar at the bottom.
I have a screen shot of a Firefox tab window with both toolbars shown, but the forum won't let me put in more than three attachments in one message, so I'll post it in another reply right after this one.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:05 am

Additional screen shot, as promised.
Firefox tab window.jpg
Firefox tab window with both the RoboForm toolbar at the bottom and the add-on toolbar with RoboForm section at the top.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 am

Just to clarify something a bit, the "extra" RoboForm toolbar at the bottom of Firefox tab windows goes away when all IE8 tab windows are closed. It's a bit annoying to have it take up space in Firefox tab windows, but it's also a rather unusual circumstance, since I rarely have both Firefox tabs and IE8 tabs open at the same time. When I close all the IE8 tab windows and the bottom RoboForm toolbar disappears, the RoboForm section of the add-on toolbar at the top remains in place.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by xiaobing » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:57 am

I'm surprised the buttons you added from customize toolbar window of firefox still work in Avant browser.
After clicking Done in the Customize Toolbar window, my new toolbar appeared at the top of all new and existing Firefox tab windows with the buttons I'd configured for the RoboForm Toolbar (using RoboForm's Customize Toolbar window) included in the FireFox add-on toolbar I created.

My toolbar.jpg
After clicking Done in the Customize Toolbar window, no button from the Customize toolbar window of firefox will appear in my Avant browser here,just like I did nothing.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am

xiaobing wrote:I'm surprised the buttons you added from customize toolbar window of firefox still work in Avant browser.
Well, they do work. I don't really need them, but it's kind of handy to have them immediately above the tab windows, and since there's a lot of empty space to the right of the RoboForm buttons, I figured I might as well put it to use. Please don't do anything that makes the buttons stop functioning, as I've come to appreciate having them. :)

I much prefer to have the RoboForm buttons at the top of the tab window rather than at the bottom, and by combining the RoboForm toolbar with other buttons, I can eliminate having any toolbar at the bottom of the window.
xiaobing wrote:After clicking Done in the Customize Toolbar window, no button from the Customize toolbar window of firefox will appear in my Avant browser here,just like I did nothing.
It's kind of tricky, probably because it isn't intended to work in another browser. Or maybe they just didn't do a very good job of coding the function.

When you've just created a new toolbar, there's no way to tell which line it's on, since there are other blank lines. If you put the buttons in the wrong place (in a blank line other than the new empty toolbar you just created), it appears to do nothing when you close the Customize Toolbar window, and it discards the new toolbar name you just entered if the toolbar remains empty. It's best to drag any existing buttons that are already in toolbars back onto the Customize Toolbar window and start from scratch.

What I did just now to try to find a way to make this easier and more reliable was to first drag any existing icons from other toolbars (other than the one I created previously with the RoboForm and other buttons) down onto the Customize Toolbar window. When only my toolbar, the menu bar, and the blank lines in between were left (the menu bar cannot be removed), I closed the Customize Toolbar window and then reopened it. This left the toolbar area with the menu bar at the top, a blank space below it, my toolbar below that, and then another blank space below that. Then, I created a new toolbar and dragged one button from the Customize Toolbar window onto each blank line and closed the Customize Toolbar window again. Now, there were two toolbars at the top of the tab window, and one of them had a single button in it. Take note of which button that is, and then reopen the Customize Toolbar window. The toolbar that has the icon you just identified is the new toolbar you created. You can now drag buttons onto the new toolbar from the Customize Toolbar window and from the other toolbars. If there are any buttons left in other toolbars that you don't intend to use, drag them back to the Customize Toolbar window, and close the window. You should now see your new toolbar at the top of the tab windows.

The toolbar I created includes separators, fixed spaces, and a variable space at the right. This makes it easier to control where the buttons are (left-to-right) and to find the one you want. When they're all right next to each other, it's pretty confusing.

Nikata
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build 16
IE Version: 8

Post by Nikata » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:30 am

I think it's abnormal to appear the firefox toolbars when you right click add-on bar>customize.
Since this is Avant browser, the toolbars and buttons from firefox browser shouldn't be used. :wink:

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Nikata wrote:I think it's abnormal to appear the firefox toolbars when you right click add-on bar>customize.
Since this is Avant browser, the toolbars and buttons from firefox browser shouldn't be used. :wink:
If they work, there's no reason not to use them. If they shouldn't be used, then Mozilla should have disabled them, but I really doubt there's any reason for them to do that. You're assuming you have expertise on this issue when you don't. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Regardless, this is a beta forum, and if they aren't supposed to be available in Avant or work in Avant, then it's a bug. That's what beta testing is all about.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm

I just noticed that, while there are still no tooltips for any of the Avant UI components, there ARE tooltips for the buttons in the Firefox add-on toolbar.

Nikata
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build 16
IE Version: 8

Post by Nikata » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:58 am

mbrazil wrote:
Nikata wrote:I think it's abnormal to appear the firefox toolbars when you right click add-on bar>customize.
If they work, there's no reason not to use them. If they shouldn't be used, then Mozilla should have disabled them, but I really doubt there's any reason for them to do that. You're assuming you have expertise on this issue when you don't. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Regardless, this is a beta forum, and if they aren't supposed to be available in Avant or work in Avant, then it's a bug. That's what beta testing is all about.
Just my personal opinion,never mind :wink: