Focus Problem

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Focus Problem

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 am

AbelAbel wrote:They said this problem cannot be fixed here: http://forum.avantforce.com/viewtopic.p ... a8#p183164
When i tried to go to this link it takes me to entire page asking me to sign in i am already signed in whats up with that.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:49 am

My humble opinion is that every connection corresponds to a session id, that link contains a session id which is different from yours, so you can't open it. Remove the sid and see whether you can open the thread.

http://forum.avantforce.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&#p183164
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am

Jasmine wrote:My humble opinion is that every connection corresponds to a session id, that link contains a session id which is different from yours, so you can't open it. Remove the sid and see whether you can open the thread.

I did all that i could.But same result i guess i don't care about seeing the link anymore .However it now it says i have to be registered to the forums to view this. Thats just to wierd. :wtf:

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Jasmine wrote:My humble opinion is that every connection corresponds to a session id, that link contains a session id which is different from yours, so you can't open it. Remove the sid and see whether you can open the thread.

I'm pretty sure its a domain name issue. Log in using forum.avantbrowser.com then open the forum using forum.avantforce.com and you won't show as logged in

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 pm

bigC wrote:I'm pretty sure its a domain name issue. Log in using forum.avantbrowser.com then open the forum using forum.avantforce.com and you won't show as logged in
Right now, I've got one tab open to forum.avantbrowser.com and another to forum.avantforce.com, and I'm logged in on both. When I click on the link axeman posted in either one, I get the login page even though I'm already logged in using both domains.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm

mbrazil wrote:
bigC wrote:I'm pretty sure its a domain name issue. Log in using forum.avantbrowser.com then open the forum using forum.avantforce.com and you won't show as logged in
Right now, I've got one tab open to forum.avantbrowser.com and another to forum.avantforce.com, and I'm logged in on both. When I click on the link axeman posted in either one, I get the login page even though I'm already logged in using both domains.
I've been having the same problem. I click on the link in the email notification and it takes me to the log-in screen. While it's still open, I click on another email notification link and it takes me to the log-in page again, even though I'm logged in to the forums on the other tab. I don't think it did that before that last couple of months or so.....
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 am

Tinman57 wrote: I've been having the same problem. I click on the link in the email notification and it takes me to the log-in screen. While it's still open, I click on another email notification link and it takes me to the log-in page again, even though I'm logged in to the forums on the other tab. I don't think it did that before that last couple of months or so.....
Do the links contain sid or refer to different domain?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:20 am

Jasmine wrote:
Tinman57 wrote: I've been having the same problem. I click on the link in the email notification and it takes me to the log-in screen. While it's still open, I click on another email notification link and it takes me to the log-in page again, even though I'm logged in to the forums on the other tab. I don't think it did that before that last couple of months or so.....
Do the links contain sid or refer to different domain?
Different domain? I'm talking about clicking on links from the "Topic Reply Notification" emails I get from this forum, unless they come from different domains. As an example: I got two notifications emails from this forum on two different boards. I click on the link in the first email and it takes me to the forum log-in page. I enter my log-in and get taken to the subject. Then, while keeping the tab open I click on the link of the 2nd notification email, and it takes me right back to the log-in page, even though I'm still logged in on the other tab.

*EDIT*
This is strange, I just did what I described above and didn't get taken to the log-in page. This is the first time in a long time that I haven't had to log in again. Did you guyz fix something? :eh:
((((TINMAN))))

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:27 am

No i still get log in page with both domains. I am refering to link again i tried everything to make it work it just won't. :problem:

AEN007
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: latest/current USB v
IE Version: 6 (won't up to 8)

Post by AEN007 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 pm

12June2012
My guess is that "they" probably have not considered nor looked at what I call the "GUI ALT-TAB" problem ...
AbelAbel wrote:They said this problem cannot be fixed here: http://forum.avantforce.com/viewtopic.p ... a8#p183164
AEN007 wrote:This focus problem remains as annoying as ever ... really reflects poorly on AvB.
2. I suspect what I will call the "GUI ALT-TAB" problem undermines the "sporadically"/"accidentally" excuses.
AvB asks users to highly recommend AvB.
My sentiment is that the GUI problems (& AvB is mostly a GUI app) make highly recommending AvB out of the question ...

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:02 am

AEN007 wrote:12June2012
My guess is that "they" probably have not considered nor looked at what I call the "GUI ALT-TAB" problem ...
Why did you say that? I'm sure Anderson did look into the problem before.
xiaobing wrote:
mbrazil wrote:
Jasmine wrote:It's only a problem on xp.
Can it be fixed?
Anderson said it's related with the Operate system.Cannot be fixed. :(

AEN007
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: latest/current USB v
IE Version: 6 (won't up to 8)

Post by AEN007 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 am

xiaobing wrote:Why did you say that?
What kind of question is that?
xiaobing wrote:Anderson said it's related with the Operate system.Cannot be fixed. :(
Only AvB has the problems described in this thread, so the problem is with AvB - not MS-Win ...

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 am

On another note, I got to thinking (which is rare) and was wondering why you even have to login to read a post that's already in the public? I got another email notification of a reply, clicked on the link, and as usual got taken to the login page.
((((TINMAN))))

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 am

This entire browser is falling apart . IT was great at one .Now it is very problamatic at best . Anderson said it's related with the Operate system.Cannot be fixed [-X . That is insulting !!!!!... I can't take it anymore atleast for awhile . I will hang out but haveing back to back surgeries very soon no choice in this matter :)

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm

AXEMAN wrote:This entire browser is falling apart . IT was great at one .Now it is very problamatic at best . Anderson said it's related with the Operate system.Cannot be fixed [-X . That is insulting !!!!!... I can't take it anymore atleast for awhile . I will hang out but haveing back to back surgeries very soon no choice in this matter :)
Actually, the problem with having to log-in even though you've logged in already don't have anything to do with Avant Browser, it has to do with the web-site itself. That is unless AB looks for the log-in cookie in the wrong folder or isn't properly reading the data, but I hardly doubt that since it's only a problem in the AB forums....
((((TINMAN))))

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:37 am

Tinman57 wrote:
AXEMAN wrote:This entire browser is falling apart . IT was great at one .Now it is very problamatic at best . Anderson said it's related with the Operate system.Cannot be fixed [-X . That is insulting !!!!!... I can't take it anymore atleast for awhile . I will hang out but haveing back to back surgeries very soon no choice in this matter :)
Actually, the problem with having to log-in even though you've logged in already don't have anything to do with Avant Browser, it has to do with the web-site itself. That is unless AB looks for the log-in cookie in the wrong folder or isn't properly reading the data, but I hardly doubt that since it's only a problem in the AB forums....
I mean avant browser all of it like i said it was very good for awhile then it went nutty as a whole i don't mean just the log in problem rather all the problems. :)

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 pm

AXEMAN wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:
I mean avant browser all of it like i said it was very good for awhile then it went nutty as a whole i don't mean just the log in problem rather all the problems. :)
Well, this really isn't the forum to be discussing this anyhow. Only thing I can say is that when they went to ybrowser, which was a big re-write, a lot of things popped up. But there's always something, weather it be from Microsoft updates to browser updates to other 3rd party apps that will also affect the operation of Avant Browser. It's a constantly changing environment that takes up a lot of time in the code to figure out what's going wrong.
I'm just happy that the developers are actively pursuing the updates. A lot of software don't get that kind of attention, I know, I have a collection of them.....
((((TINMAN))))

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Tinman57 wrote: Well, this really isn't the forum to be discussing this anyhow. Only thing I can say is that when they went to ybrowser, which was a big re-write, a lot of things popped up. But there's always something, weather it be from Microsoft updates to browser updates to other 3rd party apps that will also affect the operation of Avant Browser. It's a constantly changing environment that takes up a lot of time in the code to figure out what's going wrong.
I'm just happy that the developers are actively pursuing the updates. A lot of software don't get that kind of attention, I know, I have a collection of them.....
Especially with a new version of Firefox every few weeks. Even if you don't use the firefox engine, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the changes Mozilla is making require changes to Avant that would affect its operation with all three engines. It's pretty amazing that Avant is working as well as it is considering it has to work with three different rendering engines and various web pages that don't conform to HTML standards as well as they should.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:59 am

mbrazil wrote:
Tinman57 wrote: Well, this really isn't the forum to be discussing this anyhow. Only thing I can say is that when they went to ybrowser, which was a big re-write, a lot of things popped up. But there's always something, weather it be from Microsoft updates to browser updates to other 3rd party apps that will also affect the operation of Avant Browser. It's a constantly changing environment that takes up a lot of time in the code to figure out what's going wrong.
Especially with a new version of Firefox every few weeks. Even if you doAvant n't use the firefox engine, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the changes Mozilla is making require changes to that would affect its with all .three engines It's pretty amazing that Avant is working as well as it is considering it has to work with three different rendering engines and various web pages that don't conform to HTML standards as well as they should.
i I am not the problem i agree with you its with all three engines is why the problems but they are minor i was just saying that i have to have 2 medical operations back to back and being dissabled already in pain now all i have is tv and internet so when in great pain the errors get to me. Is all i meant. :) :)

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:11 am

These days I kept using avantforum.com this domain name. didn't find the logout problem.