AB 2012 Ult. Build 3 self destructed !!!!!!!!!!

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

AB 2012 Ult. Build 3 self destructed !!!!!!!!!!

Post by mbrazil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

After working relatively well (still lots of bugs to fix) for a few days, AB 2012 Ultimate Build 3 self destructed. In the midst of viewing this forum, I got an error message saying something to the effect that Avant tried to access memory that doesn't exist, Avant crashed. When I restarted it, all of my settings were gone. Everything was reset to the way it would be on a new install. All my bookmarks had disappeared, my toolbar customizations and locations were all gone, etc.

After telling it to Switch Accounts so that it would load whatever was stored for my account on your server, I got the bookmarks back, but I had to set everything else up from scratch to get it back to where I had it, which took over an hour.

You guys really need to accept that this release still needs A LOT OF WORK! There are many, many annoying bugs, and it's just not anywhere near stable enough for release. Please try to fix the bugs that we've reported and do what you can to increase stability. Avant just isn't usable in its current state.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: AB 2012 Ult. Build 3 self destructed !!!!!!!!!!

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I can't believe the problems and there are so manny different one.s. In order to fix 5 problems 5 new ones take thier place i am useing chrome or the real firefox for the moment. I can't stand these problems i don't want to get upset and have another heart attack.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm

AXEMAN wrote:I can't believe the problems and there are so manny different one.s. In order to fix 5 problems 5 new ones take thier place i am useing chrome or the real firefox for the moment. I can't stand these problems i don't want to get upset and have another heart attack.
Good point. I had quadruple bypass surgery and a heart valve replaced a few months ago. Maybe beta testing Avant isn't the best thing for our health.

Nikata
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build 16
IE Version: 8

Post by Nikata » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 am

Ohohoh, calm down,guys.There is still a long way to go with Avant.

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:07 am

Don't forget they still provide Tools->Backup/Restore Profiles.That's the feature I use most often :lol: .

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:10 am

mbrazil wrote: In the midst of viewing this forum, I got an error message saying something to the effect that Avant tried to access memory that doesn't exist, Avant crashed.
Does it show the grey page which says something like "the page needs to refresh"?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 am

Jasmine wrote:
mbrazil wrote: In the midst of viewing this forum, I got an error message saying something to the effect that Avant tried to access memory that doesn't exist, Avant crashed.
Does it show the grey page which says something like "the page needs to refresh"?
No, this was a complete and total crash. When I acknowledged the error dialog, all of the Avant processes spontaneously closed completely.

Mike

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 am

AbelAbel wrote:Don't forget they still provide Tools->Backup/Restore Profiles.That's the feature I use most often :lol: .
It's too bad Backup/Restore doesn't include the history. I had quite a few tabs open when it crashed, and I can't remember what all of them were. Oh well.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:56 am

Nikata wrote:Ohohoh, calm down,guys.There is still a long way to go with Avant.
I guess I forgot to include a :) or a :wink:.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

mbrazil wrote:
AXEMAN wrote:I can't believe the problems and there are so manny different one.s. In order to fix 5 problems 5 new ones take thier place i am useing chrome or the real firefox for the moment. I can't stand these problems i don't want to get upset and have another heart attack.
Good point. I had quadruple bypass surgery and a heart valve replaced a few months ago. Maybe beta testing Avant isn't the best thing for our health.
yes mbrazil it is a concern the concern is what would cause me well us to have a heart attack .So i to blew a valve and had the same surgery .But my solution was to install AVANT and IE and the real FIREFOX when i become to stressed i switch to one of the three you can have all three installed and shortcuts for them on desktop .So when you you want to change just set what ever one want to default. Make sure you have your bookmarks backed up i keep mine on a cd each 1 one by 1 on a word doc then put the wordoc on the cd then you have them all when ever you need them :) this is just what i have to do for my health. :)

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:14 pm

AXEMAN, I've got IE8 and the current Firefox 8 beta installed here too. The problem is they both have pretty much a minimalist user interface. One of the things I like most about Avant is the flexibility and configurability of the interface. With either IE or Firefox, I'm always looking for a button or menu item that isn't there.