2012 RC2 - All tabs stop loading

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

anarkipw
Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate 32 and 64 bits
Avant Version: 2012 RC 2
IE Version: 8.0.7601.17514

2012 RC2 - All tabs stop loading

Post by anarkipw » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Hello everyone, just reporting something that's really bothering me.

Sometimes (about a couple of times every hour or so), the connection to the internet from Avant just freezes. Loading tabs stop loading and new ones get stuck in "Connecting to [domain]..."

Other browsers continue to browse as usual, and Avant will not load anything until I restart it (I can save the tabs and restore them and they will load properly then).

This behavior is happening with me on both my PC and my work's PC. I don't know anyone else who uses Avant (despite my recommendations).

I use Avant from a long time ago, jumped to Orca and I'm back now, I love the work you guys put into this, so keep up the good work!

Nikata
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build 16
IE Version: 8

Re: 2012 RC2 - All tabs stop loading

Post by Nikata » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 am

It's 2012 build 3 now, try it in the latest version. :D

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 pm

[quote="anarkipw"]Hello everyone, just reporting something that's really bothering me.

Sometimes (about a couple of times every hour or so), the connection to the internet from Avant just freezes. Loading tabs stop loading and new ones get stuck in "Connecting to [domain]..."

Other browsers continue to browse as usual, and Avant will not load anything until I restart it (I can save the tabs and restore them and they will load properly then).
quote]

I've been having the same exact problem, but mine started a couple of versions ago. I'm using 2012 b3 now and it still does it. Normally, the first time I use Avant it won't load, I have to exit and click on the URL again, then it loads... :(
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2018 build 7 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Post by Nederpietos » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:44 am

Is under tools-> proxy... the connection set to directly? (as it should)

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:46 am

anarkipw wrote: Sometimes (about a couple of times every hour or so), the connection to the internet from Avant just freezes. Loading tabs stop loading and new ones get stuck in "Connecting to [domain]..."

This behavior is happening with me on both my PC and my work's PC. I don't know anyone else who uses Avant (despite my recommendations).

I use Avant from a long time ago, jumped to Orca and I'm back now, I love the work you guys put into this, so keep up the good work!
If it only happens randomly that could be the engine crashed. If it loads permanently the about:blank, you have to remove your Avant Profiles and Mozilla folder under %appdata%(Go to windowns Start->Run and input %appdata% and press [enter] to locate both above files) and restart Avant Browser.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Nederpietos wrote:Is under tools-> proxy... the connection set to directly? (as it should)
Actually, if you had the proxy set wrong it would never work, not just a random or first time run thing....
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)