Avant Browser

Avant Browser community forum
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post Reply #40 on: Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm 
Avantic
Avantic

Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A
Jorge Junior wrote:
Tinman57, you use the desktop version, right?
I use Roboform2Go, the USB version. The options are different.

:oops: Sorry Jorge, I missed that little fact. Yes, I use the desktop version and don't have an idea of how the USB version works.

Post Reply #41 on: Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 am 
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9
I have reported this problem with roboform2go to Roboform ,hoping either Avant or roboform will fix it.

Post Reply #42 on: Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 pm 
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits
Avant Version: See my signature
Default engine: See my signature
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16580
Skin: Xito
I've been reporting it to RoboForm2Go support since last year. Welcome to the club!

According to them, RF2Go does not yet work only with Chrome e Opera.
RF2Go works fine with IE and FF, so the incompatibity is not between RF2Go and these two browsers, but with AB using IE and FF rendering engines... and that's why I think this issue is not one of their priorities.

Post Reply #43 on: Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 pm 
Avantic
Avantic

Jorge Junior wrote:
I've been reporting it to RoboForm2Go support since last year. Welcome to the club!

According to them, RF2Go does not yet work only with Chrome e Opera.
RF2Go works fine with IE and FF, so the incompatibity is not between RF2Go and these two browsers, but with AB using IE and FF rendering engines... and that's why I think this issue is not one of their priorities.

Unfortunately, AB don't play well with a lot of plugins. I still can't get Do Not Track Plus to show it's window when clicked on, but it works just fine using IE8 without AB. Most plugins will work, but you just can't interact with them directly while using the AB front-end.....

Post Reply #44 on: Fri May 25, 2012 2:48 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas
Quote:
Unfortunately, AB don't play well with a lot of plugins. I still can't get Do Not Track Plus to show it's window when clicked on, but it works just fine using IE8 without AB. Most plugins will work, but you just can't interact with them directly while using the AB front-end.....

Yea, Avant currently doesn't have the interface for this kind of buttons. We will consider it.

Post Reply #45 on: Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 pm 
Avantic
Avantic

xiaobing wrote:
Quote:

Yea, Avant currently doesn't have the interface for this kind of buttons. We will consider it.

Oh I can see the buttons for the majority of my plugins, it's just they don't have any functionality when clicked on....

Post Reply #46 on: Mon May 28, 2012 3:00 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7
Tinman57 wrote:
Oh I can see the buttons for the majority of my plugins,

What plugins do you use ? I'm interested if not showing on the add-on bar, why they can show up in firefox rendering mode.

Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Post Reply #47 on: Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 am 
Avantic
Avantic

Jasmine wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:
Oh I can see the buttons for the majority of my plugins,

What plugins do you use ? I'm interested if not showing on the add-on bar, why they can show up in firefox rendering mode.

I'm using IE (8) rendering mode. I've got a bunch of plug-ins, but the ones I have showing are IeSpell, Do Not Track Plus, Roboform and Roboform Fill Forms. Of the ones showing, Do Not Run Plus is the only one that don't function when clicked, and the Roboform button (Show Tool-bar) works but only with a little manipulation by RMC and selecting "Fill Forms" after clicking the button.
My other plug-ins I didn't want a button interface and left them off, so I don't know if they'll show up or not since they run in the background, or if they will even work when clicked.

Post Reply #48 on: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:08 pm 
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Windows Version: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Avant Version: 2012 Ult. build 197
Default engine: Mozilla Firefox
IE Version: 10.0
Skin: AthenX
I also am having Roboform problems recently - perhaps some weeks, or a month, I cannot remember precisely -- under Firefox rendering mode for Avant Ultimate build 169 and 171 (and possibly earlier builds). After quite a few months of stability, I now get the message "Can not load RoboForm add-on. Please restart browser or reinstall RoboForm."

Restarting the browser doesn't ever help, so I have to reinstall RoboForm and then it might stay stable for minutes, or hours, but sooner or later the same error message appears again. For a year or two RoboForm rarely failed, and never so frequently. It has been happening with the latest few versions of RoboForm (now 7.7.7.1) with Avant Browser only, but RoboForm works okay with Firefox, IE9 and Opera.

Luckily Avant's AutoFill works most of the time, but I'd be happier if RoboForm began operating properly.

Post Reply #49 on: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:39 pm 
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avantic Elite

Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 x86 + all updates
Avant Version: 2013 Ultimate Build 23 & Build 115 (USB)
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: IE8 + all patches and updates
Skin: Monai XP
notestracker, do you have the latest version of the RoboForm Plug-in for Avant Browser installed?

It's at http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx.

Post Reply #50 on: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm 
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

mbrazil wrote:
notestracker, do you have the latest version of the RoboForm Plug-in for Avant Browser installed?
It's at http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx.

Thanks, Mike, for this tip (which you or another forum member already told me about perhaps a month ago, but I entirely forgot about in the interim.

I'll download and install this version, which I presume is somehow different from but equivalent of the regular RoboForm 7.7.71 installer (that the RoboForm automatic update check always notifies one about) -- is it?

In fact, this leads me to ask how does one get automatically reminded to use this RoboForm Plugin for Avant Browser rather than always using the ordinary RoboForm updater, so that one doesn't keep falling into the trap of using the regular updater?

Post Reply #51 on: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avantic Elite

notestracker wrote:
In fact, this leads me to ask how does one get automatically reminded to use this RoboForm Plugin for Avant Browser rather than always using the ordinary RoboForm updater, so that one doesn't keep falling into the trap of using the regular updater?

Tony, that's a good question and one that I don't have a good answer to. I think the ball is in RoboForm's court on this one.

Post Reply #52 on: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am 
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

mbrazil wrote:
Tony, that's a good question and one that I don't have a good answer to. I think the ball is in RoboForm's court on this one.

I just raised a support ticket with RoboForm, pointing out to them that Avant Browser runs not just IE rendering mode but nowadays also supports Firefox rendering mode.

I recommended that they should improve RoboForm's new version checker to point to the Avant plugin as well as the regular RoboForm new version installer... Fingers crossed!

Post Reply #53 on: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 pm 
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Well now, RoboForm Support's first reply was to use Avant in IE mode.
Really clever, eh, when I carefully described how I want to use Avant only in Firefox mode!

So I've pointed this out to them again and asked for a more appropriate reply, which was only:
"Thank you for your suggestions, we will keep them in mind when developing future versions."

Post Reply #54 on: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:01 pm 
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

notestracker wrote:
... RoboForm Support's first reply was to use Avant in IE mode."

So there was a reply... luck you! They don't even answer me since March.

I don't know about RoboForm desktop version, but the USB version doesn't work in Avant in IE mode either.
The only solution I found, for now (and unfortunately), was to use Firefox as my default browser.

Post Reply #55 on: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:40 pm 
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avantic Elite

Tony, I don't know if you've ever dealt with the people at Siber Systems (RoboForm) before, but that's typical for them. Their tech-support and marketing philosophies are very unfriendly to users and to other software companies whose products theirs are likely to be used with. They primarily support IE and grudgingly support Firefox and a couple of other browsers that have significant market share. It used to be that, when I contacted them about problems with RoboForm in Avant, they'd just tell me they don't support using RoboForm with Avant because it's not one of the major browsers. Even when I've had to contact them about RoboForm problems that had nothing at all to do with Avant (and I didn't even mention Avant to them), they were surly, and they wouldn't investigate the problem I was asking about. They just kept making excuses. If RoboForm hadn't become so widely known and used early on, and if the majority of their users weren't using IE, they'd probably be out of business by now.

My current year's subscription to RoboForm was comped because I complained vigorously to their corporate management, but when it comes up for renewal, I'm going to find a replacement for RoboForm. I don't like Siber Systems attitude, and their prices have increased to the point that the product just isn't worth it, especially with the abysmal tech support. RoboForm has a lot of bugs, and their user interface is very poor and deficient in some areas. I'm sure I can find something better that's either freeware or at least much more reasonably priced than RoboForm.

Post Reply #56 on: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 pm 
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avantic Elite

FYI: RoboForm 7.7.8.8 is available. You can download the version for Avant at http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx.

Post Reply #57 on: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 am 
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9
notestracker wrote:
Well now, RoboForm Support's first reply was to use Avant in IE mode.
Really clever, eh, when I carefully described how I want to use Avant only in Firefox mode!

So I've pointed this out to them again and asked for a more appropriate reply, which was only:
"Thank you for your suggestions, we will keep them in mind when developing future versions."

I got almost the same answer with yours. It seems they don't want to fix the problem :crazy:

Post Reply #58 on: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7
I have also posted a ticket in roboform forum, they asked me to use ie9 rendering mode :(

Quote:
Please select Avant Tools - Default Rendering Engine - IE9.
Also, make sure RoboForm Toolbar is enabled at Tools - Avant Browser Options - Addons.

If we all post a ticket, maybe it will push them to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Post Reply #59 on: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:17 am 
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

mbrazil wrote:
FYI: RoboForm 7.7.8.8 is available. You can download the version for Avant at http://www.avantbrowser.com/dlroboform.aspx.

Although I don't have a license for RoboForm desktop version, I did what mbrazil suggested and installed the plugin.
Well, it worked! :eh:

The plugin automatically attaches the RoboForm toolbar to IE, FF, Chrome and AB (as long as you're using IE mode). When I run my RoboForm USB version, it takes control of the toolbar. In fact, the toolbar added by the plugin is replaced with my customized toolbar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next