Download Manager annoyances and bugs

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Download Manager annoyances and bugs

Postby bassiliin » Tue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I gave another chance to Avant. Don't know why, but I did it again. I think it's because there is USB version again as final version. There are still bugs with any beta of 2011 version when upgrading from 2010 version - too many settings are reset and have to be set again.

But now to main topic. As said before I am using USB version (with every program which has it). Tried this download manager which had now second coming. (In some previous AB version it was failure). And annoyances began:
- it wants to download a file into My Documents folder. Why? There should be possibility to set default download folder (in portable manner of course, using relative paths (which seems to be problem in Avant)!). Yes, I can browse where to download which opens regular Windows Dowload dialog. So, I have to to more steps to download.
- moreover, what is USB version doing outside application folder at all (creating these 1305651215022.DownloadFile which even wont go away from there always if dowloads are cancelled)?
- if I press more than one download link, then manager goes crazy. Second download starts waiting. I need to always remember to keep on eye that I haven't started other download dialog. And when I go to first download and cancel it. Then after that is impossible to cancel second download. It just keeps reappearing. And actually I can cancel download pressing OK button! Logic?
- if I cancel download, I have to press Cancel so many times. I understand first cancel is for manager and second one is for windows default download. If I want to cancel then I want to cancel it first time. But isn't there an option to taking over browser downloading as real overtake?
- using with mouse "Save target as" on link I get regular windows dowload dialog. Whats the point of manager then if it doesn't handle downloads?

In summary I would say this thing was born again as dead one.

Some time ago I tried every single beta what was public. Then with 2010 I tried again after several builds. 2011 I tried now two times. With next one I think I'll wait now new version 2012. Dissapointed again. (But as you can see you still have hope in next year)

over and out!
bassiliin
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Windows Version: Win XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010(11.8) build 131
IE Version: IE 8

Re: Download Manager annoyances and bugs

Post Reply #1 by AXEMAN » Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 pm

No who ever is making avant should fix the thing.Iknow there is no team helping anderson if he is even with this anymore . I am sorry but how could anderson make it work near perfect. Then it goes all bad fast what is one to think. :shifty: someone pm me if you know the answer.
AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post Reply #2 by xiaobing » Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 am

- it wants to download a file into My Documents folder. Why? There should be possibility to set default download folder (in portable manner of course, using relative paths (which seems to be problem in Avant)!). Yes, I can browse where to download which opens regular Windows Dowload dialog. So, I have to to more steps to download.

You can set the default download folder in the downloader options:
111.JPG

- moreover, what is USB version doing outside application folder at all (creating these 1305651215022.DownloadFile which even wont go away from there always if dowloads are cancelled)?
This not happen to us,the 1305651215022.DownloadFile goes away if I cancel the download.We will make more test.
- if I press more than one download link, then manager goes crazy. Second download starts waiting. I need to always remember to keep on eye that I haven't started other download dialog. And when I go to first download and cancel it. Then after that is impossible to cancel second download. It just keeps reappearing. And actually I can cancel download pressing OK button! Logic?
Confirmed.
- if I cancel download, I have to press Cancel so many times. I understand first cancel is for manager and second one is for windows default download. If I want to cancel then I want to cancel it first time. But isn't there an option to taking over browser downloading as real overtake?
- using with mouse "Save target as" on link I get regular windows dowload dialog. Whats the point of manager then if it doesn't handle downloads?
yes,the downloader still need much more improvement
xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post Reply #3 by Jasmine » Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 am

See the changelog of v2001 build 17
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30034
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com
Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post Reply #4 by pwbuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 pm

What if i don't want to use the Download Manager? Is there a way to turn it off? :?:
pwbuck

Windows Version: windows XP
Avant Version: 2011 build 18
IE Version: IE8

Post Reply #5 by Tinman57 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 am

pwbuck wrote:What if i don't want to use the Download Manager? Is there a way to turn it off? :?:

Click Tools>Downloads. The download window will open. Select Options and uncheck "Take Over Browser's File Download"
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)
Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Return to Avant Browser Bug Reports