Quicktime popup locks browser

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Quicktime popup locks browser

Post by flowrush » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Occasionally I get a popup from Quicktime that there is an update available. Every time I do Avant becomes completely unusable and the popup to update as well. Basically anywhere that I click within avant or the popup it does nothing and I get a 'ding' sound when I try to. The only solution is going to the file menu (something I am allowed to do) and close Avant out. That ends up killing the popup and then I can reboot Avant without issues or the popup. I saved a screenshot so you can atleast know what it looks like.

http://img820.imageshack.us/f/qtime.png/

AkaRei
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Win 7 64 pro
Avant Version: 11.8 build 122
IE Version: IE 9

Re: Quicktime popup locks browser

Post by AkaRei » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:13 pm

I remember that. I just uninstalled quicktime, but too many web base site use it so I had to reinstall. I cry when there is a quick time update and I'm using Avant at the time.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:20 am

flowrush wrote:Occasionally I get a popup from Quicktime that there is an update available. Every time I do Avant becomes completely unusable and the popup to update as well. Basically anywhere that I click within avant or the popup it does nothing and I get a 'ding' sound when I try to. The only solution is going to the file menu (something I am allowed to do) and close Avant out. That ends up killing the popup and then I can reboot Avant without issues or the popup. I saved a screenshot so you can atleast know what it looks like.

http://img820.imageshack.us/f/qtime.png/
If you press [esc], the pop-up will disappear.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Post by flowrush » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:55 am

This is true, however this is still something that shouldn't be happening. When Quicktime wants me to update, I should be able to click on it and do so, not lock everything up and be forced to kill it.