Can´t dock AB window to sides on Win7

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

sidefx88
Avant Version:

Can´t dock AB window to sides on Win7

Post by sidefx88 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:18 am

Windows 7 introduced a bunch of new keyboard shortcuts, one of them is the very useful [Win] + left/right arrow keys, which dock the window to each side of the monitor (a simply split window function).

In the latest versions of AB (2010 build 8, build 101 and 102) this docking function works bad: if I press Win + left or right arrow on AB nothing happens, but if I press alt+tab to go to other application, dock the other app window to one side, then back to AB, and press Win + left or right arrow key, it works...

In AB 11.7 it works fine. I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Cheers!

johnsmithbisley
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Avant Version: Firefox now.
IE Version: IE9

Re: Can´t dock AB window to sides on Win7

Post by johnsmithbisley » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 am

On build 106 running on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit I initially found the same problem. However, I tried Shift, Win, arrow (to move the window to another monitor and after a couple of attempts it worked. After than, Win and arrow also worked.

There do seem to be issues relating to how Avant Browser works with Windows 7 from a graphics perspective.
John Smith

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:25 am

I can't replay the problem on win7.....Are you sure when this happens you have the browser interface(toolbar part) focused but not the page area? If focus is on the page those shortcuts don't work.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

johnsmithbisley
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Avant Version: Firefox now.
IE Version: IE9

Post by johnsmithbisley » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

Ah ha! further helpful indications of the problems that Avant Browser has with focus, screen drawing, transparency and pretty much anything else to do with displaying on Windows 7.

I am bemused that a program can have bits in focus and bits not in focus; surely it should be that a "window" containing a program has focus or not? You are right. Clicking on the page part means that the Win + arrow does not work but then clicking on the title bar means that the shortcut does work.

Hopefully this will taken on board as part of a wider issue with display rather than being regarded as a stand alone problem.
John Smith

sidefx88
Avant Version:

Post by sidefx88 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:43 pm

That's right. If focus is on the buttons bar, Win + arrows shortcut works!

But people use to focus on the page (do clicks on links, scroll with mouse wheel...)

Cheers

thebeauty
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 Pro (64-Bit)
Avant Version: Ultimate 2013
Default engine: IE11
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Aero Glass

Post by thebeauty » Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 am

I have noticed the same issues with Win7 (32-bit) with Ultimate 2013 build 107 (Aero Glass). The previous version used to work fine, but has since stopped working. I have tried focusing on the buttons, but this opens a new empty window that does react to the Win button + left, but is separate from the main AB window that is still there.

real name
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7 64bit(office),32bit(home)
Avant Version: 2013 beta 12
IE Version: N/A

Post by real name » Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

for me newly does not work maximize by dnd to display's top (win7 feature), in previous versions it worked well