Search bar locks up after typing 3-4 charactars

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

chevytycoon
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 2010 build 1
IE Version: ie 7

Search bar locks up after typing 3-4 charactars

Post by chevytycoon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Running XP, with IE 7 loaded as well, AB version 2010 build 1. Dell Inspiron laptop using wireless.

About 2-3 months ago is when this started. When using the search bar (regardless of search engine) after typing a few charactars, AB locks up entirely. I have to end task to restart it.

It feels as if its the auto-suggest function that is failing entirely and locking up the browser.

I can go directly to any seach engine (google, yahoo, msn) and start using auto-suggest functionality w/out any issues - its only w/in the browser that this occurs.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Search bar locks up after typing 3-4 charactars

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Can you remember which Build this started with?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:35 am

chevytycoon wrote:Running XP, with IE 7 loaded as well, AB version 2010 build 1. Dell Inspiron laptop using wireless.

About 2-3 months ago is when this started. When using the search bar (regardless of search engine) after typing a few charactars, AB locks up entirely. I have to end task to restart it.

It feels as if its the auto-suggest function that is failing entirely and locking up the browser.

I can go directly to any seach engine (google, yahoo, msn) and start using auto-suggest functionality w/out any issues - its only w/in the browser that this occurs.
Does the the problem still exist in Avant 2010 build 1?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

chevytycoon
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 2010 build 1
IE Version: ie 7

Post by chevytycoon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Yes, it is still occuring with 2010 Build 1; I dont recall which exact build it begain with, but I have an older laptop (Dell inspiron 1150) that is still running Version 11.7 build 35 and its NOT occurring there. Although it appears that auto-complete isnt an option b/c as i'm typing there isnt any drop down, other than my history.

Additionally, a desktop (running XP) using Avant build 11.7 build 47 SR does NOT happen either. I've tested avant search, yahoo and bing - none of them try to auto-complete so its working great!!

Therefore, sometime around/after 47SR up to and including 2010 Build 1, this issue started occuring. Its definitely when auto-complete is beginning to function - totally locks up the browser.