Avant Browser 2010 Build1 -> to many refreshes of the screen

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

itsme28m
Avant Version:

Avant Browser 2010 Build1 -> to many refreshes of the screen

Post by itsme28m » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi,

With Avant Browser 2010, build 1, i have the following problems:

1) when i click on the maximize buttion, the screen refreshes to much, also, when i click that button again, to have thesame sized screen, it's thesame problem. I didn't have this problem with the previous version.

2) The most annoying bug:When i play a movie in media classic player, or any other windows player, or when i watch television with a usb key from my pc, then i can't see the video or the television screen anymore. The application that displays the screen, turns to a whole green screen. A movie that is playing in media player classic or the windows movie player just turns black, while i can hear the audio. I also have this just with this version, previous versions didn't have this problem.

Also, when i close avant browser completely, i don't have any video problems anymore. And i have a feeling that the most annoying bug for me (number 2) has something to do with bug nr 1.

First i thougt, this is great, when the browser crashes i just have to reload that page, so this is a great update. But... in fact, with this bug, for me it is a much bigger problem as before because i also watch tv trough my pc, and i watch some video's and tutorials also, so when i want to do that, i can't use avant browser at all. So now i have to choose to browse the web, or viewing some media.

Dionisio
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7.46
IE Version: 8

Re: Avant Browser 2010 Build1 -> to many refreshes of the sc

Post by Dionisio » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 am

im a Avant Browser user, and i thank for the software
update to 2010 b 1
seams to be slower my pc
refresh in almost any site is slower
went to process
i found many avantab.exe running
how many tabs call a new avantab.exe?
and many other problems
open in the forum a easy place to post problems whith 2010 b 1
i got to uninstall y back to Avant Browser 11.7 Build 46
i hope all problems get a solution pretty sun
imagine a new user of Avant
runs 2010 and maybe never come to try it again
thanks in advance

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:32 am

Dionisio wrote:im a Avant Browser user, and i thank for the software
update to 2010 b 1
seams to be slower my pc
went to process
and many other problems
imagine a new user of Avant
runs 2010 and maybe never come to try it again
thanks in advance
update to 2010 b 1
seams to be slower my pc

How long have you used the 2010? If you've used for a period of time you'll find it's more stable. Current release excel at releasing memory thoroughly. You might feel the previous 5-6 pages created are a little slower than 11.7 since start but then it gets fast.

One avanttab.exe can contain several pages but how many it actually contains is random. It will disappear if pages contained in the same process are all closed. So as you open and close pages during surfing, the browser won't take up huge memory, but on the contrary, release the memory thoroughly. No memory leak happens any more.

and many other problems

Please tell us the problems you found in detail.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 am

itsme28m wrote:Hi,

With Avant Browser 2010, build 1, i have the following problems:

1) when i click on the maximize buttion, the screen refreshes to much, also, when i click that button again, to have thesame sized screen, it's thesame problem. I didn't have this problem with the previous version.

2) The most annoying bug:When i play a movie in media classic player, or any other windows player, or when i watch television with a usb key from my pc, then i can't see the video or the television screen anymore. The application that displays the screen, turns to a whole green screen. A movie that is playing in media player classic or the windows movie player just turns black, while i can hear the audio. I also have this just with this version, previous versions didn't have this problem.

Also, when i close avant browser completely, i don't have any video problems anymore. And i have a feeling that the most annoying bug for me (number 2) has something to do with bug nr 1.

First i thougt, this is great, when the browser crashes i just have to reload that page, so this is a great update. But... in fact, with this bug, for me it is a much bigger problem as before because i also watch tv trough my pc, and i watch some video's and tutorials also, so when i want to do that, i can't use avant browser at all. So now i have to choose to browse the web, or viewing some media.
1) Do you mean the screen flash? It happens during restore->maximize window or maximize->restore window?

2) Could you show us the video links which could replay the problem?

And also please tell us your system and IE version.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com