Page 2 of 2

Re: Something went wrong with this webpage, to continue plea

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 pm
by pcs800
Knowing this was not going to help, I did it anyway just to say I am trying everything suggested. The problem seems to be that avantab.exe cannot stay running. Is there a log or something somewhere that will tell us why it gets shut down?

Re: Something went wrong with this webpage, to continue plea

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 am
by lukamar
Just so that pcs800 doesn't think he's the only one. Exact thing happened to me. Downloaded and installed the new version went to my blog on blogspot and the screen of death, then I tried going to my website ricefieldradio.com Same thing. :crazy:

I have rolled back the installation to Version 11.7 - 46 and everything is back to normal. There is definitely a glitch in the new version. IMHO.

Re: Something went wrong with this webpage, to continue plea

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:08 am
by pcs800
Thank you!!!! I was tarting to think that the staff was going to chalk this up to my computer being goofy :-)

Re: Something went wrong with this webpage, to continue plea

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:23 am
by pcs800
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have figured out the issue.
1st, open REGEDIT and go to this key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Make sure the string "Cache" string equals C:\Documents and Settings\~user~\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Then go through explorer and make sure that path actually exists.

Now go to windows control panel and open internet options, click the settings button on the general tab as shown here http://www.hostsalive.com/screens/20100615-75s-47kb.jpg
Then in the resulting window, make sure "current location" equals that registry setting. Use the "move" button if it doesn't.
I rebooted the pc and reinstalled avant, and BAM it works. Seems like Avant had nowhere to keep temp files, so it was crashing.

I found this because every time I opened word I got an error about cannot create working file, etc. So I googled it, this same procedure fixed both issues.

Thanks to the avant people for putting up with me :clap: