2010.1: Weird focus issue

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

2010.1: Weird focus issue

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Some of the work I do requires I open a lot of tabs at once and go through them one by one. Here's how it just happened;

Six new tabs were opened in the background. I Ctrl+Tab over to the first and Ctrl+W to close it. My settings then take me to the tab to its right. I look that one over and Ctrl+W to close it. Avant disappears and the program below it appears. I press Alt+Tab to bring Avant back, but the Alt+Tab preview window does not show. Letting go of the keys, however, brings Avant back to the front. I close another, Avant again disappears, but another open program is now showing. It didn't happen for the last two tabs. (And to be clear, Avant remained opened the entire time, it just seemingly dropped to the background)

One thing I didn't check at the time, but will try to remember to do when it happens again is check to see which program actually has focus. Also, during this time, I was saving images and had the issue I originally reported in the Beta Bug Reports forum about saved folder location. I haven't followed the behavior of these "avanttab" executables, but I'm guessing they come into play with this issue as well as not remembering the last saved folder location.

I want to stress the Alt+Tab thing, though, because it makes me think that, for some reason, the Avant isn't playing right with this function. I'm not seeing the dialog, but I think it's working (or at least swapping something) as that would explain why a different program showed up the second time Avant disappeared.

edit: Well, that didn't take long...

Avant still has focus when it disappears. For example, MSPaint was brought up, but pressing the Right-Click key showed Avant's tab context menu. I was going to take a screenshot, but pressing Alt brought Avant back to the front. So Alt+Tab probably was changing programs, but Avant was ignoring it at the time (it typically functions fine) and it was just the pressing of the Alt key that brought Avant back to the forescreen.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: 2010.1: Weird focus issue

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:03 pm

I wondered if some of this was being caused by the browsing window and/or the UI in Avant, like all of the transparency issues we seem to be having, but while I was just successively closing a bunch of tabs, the background program I had running on my second monitor appeared. I'm using Avant on the first. So, it doesn't appear to just be Avant disappearing, but rather an actual change of "focus," even though Avant seems to be keeping focus.

I guess I'll start keeping an eye on the order of programs in the Alt+Tab menu

spmis
Windows Version: 5.1.2600
Avant Version: 11.8 pre-release
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Re: 2010.1: Weird focus issue

Post by spmis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 am

New window focus issue

at AB v.11.8 beta ~ v.2010 b2
AB Options:
1.Alway create new browsing window in the [Background]
2.Enable hold right-button and use the mouse-wheel to switch tabs

Problem:
AB's window in background on other program that like notepad,
drag the link in the notepad to AB to create new window,
and click the new window on AB,
AB's window unable to focus (see the taskbar, notepad task is down)
It's still focus on notepad, AB's window already on background.
Only if mouse click the AB'tab, AB's window will focus on foreground.

AB version 11.7
drag link on AB to create new window, click the new window,
AB's window immediately focus on foreground.