Favicons of AB2010 build1 are not shown immediately

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

matsuda0707
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Avant Version:

Favicons of AB2010 build1 are not shown immediately

Post by matsuda0707 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Favicons of AB2010 build1 are not shown immediately, that is, favicons of visited sites are not reflected immediately in bookmarks bar and bookmarks pain. In the previous version AB 11.7, they were reflected immediately!

Ma®©uS
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 [Home Premium]
Avant Version: 2010 [1]
IE Version: 8.0

Re: Favicons of AB2010 build1 are not shown immediately

Post by Ma®©uS » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:04 am

I confirm this also - favicons don't show in bookmarks until Avant has been restarted.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 am

New created bookmark's favicon or the old bookmarks's favicons don't show immediately?

I tested new created bookmark's favicon can show on the bookmarks bar or the in the Bookmarks menu.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Ma®©uS
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Post by Ma®©uS » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 am

Just double checked - when I go to a site that is in bookmarks, having just cleaned my Temp files folder, the newly stored favicon does not show immediately - Avant must be restarted.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 am

Ma®©uS wrote:Just double checked - when I go to a site that is in bookmarks, having just cleaned my Temp files folder, the newly stored favicon does not show immediately - Avant must be restarted.
That's not wrong. If the favicon doesn't appear in the address bar it won't show along with the bookmark after added. You have to reload the page before it appears.
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

Ma®©uS
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Post by Ma®©uS » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:27 am

Don't mean the address bar, I mean the favicons showing just in front of any saved links in the Bookmarks tab drop down. Avant has to be restarted before a fresh favicon shows in there after the first visit. I don't think it's a "bug", just that I don't recall having to do that in the last version, they displayed straight away.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:07 am

Ma®©uS wrote:Don't mean the address bar, I mean the favicons showing just in front of any saved links in the Bookmarks tab drop down. Avant has to be restarted before a fresh favicon shows in there after the first visit. I don't think it's a "bug", just that I don't recall having to do that in the last version, they displayed straight away.
Yes, I know what you mean now.

Turtleman
Avant Version:

Post by Turtleman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm not planning on trying more of the "new and improved" version until the favicon issue is resolved. With a zillion bookmarks displaying favicons in IE, Maxthon, and Firefox, I have little incentive to do without. Hopefully this "minor detail" will be working soon. (Same with build2)