[Help] Forcing a text color

General questions about scripts and buttons should be asked here. Development scripts and buttons may also be posted for feedback.

[Help] Forcing a text color

Postby Joe4evr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi, I've been using Avant Browser for years now, but there's a little thing that's irking me as of late. Sometimes in Gmail I get a message in which text was forced to black or another dark color, but since I'm using the Terminal theme it doesn't show on a black background, so I was wondering if it's possible to write a script that automatically forces this to the default text color.

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about JavaScript, so I had to look up quite a lot. I've found this code snippet which may be useful, and I wrote what (I hope) will replace the color.
Code: Select all
var x;
var col = getElementsByAttribute(color);
//removes the "#" and turns the value of col into an integer
Number(col.replace("#",""));

for(x in col)
{
   //conditions
   if((col[x] <= 202020 && col[x] >= 202000) || (col[x] <=  200020 && col[x] >= 200000) || (col[x] <=  002020 && col[x] >= 002000) || (col[x] <= 000020 && col[x] >= 000000))
   {
      col[x]="#00CC00";
   }
}

I'm absolutely not sure how correct this is, so I'm asking here to have someone look this over and correct me where possible.

Thanks in advance.
Joe4evr

Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 11.7 b46
IE Version: 8

Return to Scripts and Buttons Development and Discussions