A question about skins

Full skin releases are available for download here. Full skins include unique or modified backgrounds and icons.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
When posting a topic about a new skin you have released, follow the sample posts here. If your post does not closely resember the sample post, you risk getting it deleted. This is not to try to make you life difficult, it is to keep a consistent look throughout the forum to assist the downloaders.
smaragdus
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2015 Build 1
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glas

A question about skins

Post by smaragdus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am

Hi there,

I would like to ask if there is a way to use the the old default skin from Avant Browser 2012, please see the attached screen-shot.

I will be grateful if someone answers me.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Avant Browser 2012 skin - 2014-09-29.png
Avant Browser 2012 skin - 2014-09-29.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 6426 times

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: A question about skins

Post by xiaobing » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 am

The current traditional skins don't meet your need? Right click the toolbar area>skins>use the skins under dotted line.

smaragdus
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2015 Build 1
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glas

Post by smaragdus » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks for your response. I have tried all available skins and currently I use mainly 'Stickers on Glass' and 'Stickers on Lime' but I like the old skin I mentioned above. So it is not possible to use with the current release of Avant Browser?

Regards

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 pm

I sort of miss that one, too. I only show 9 icons on my toolbar and four of them are, Up, Refresh, History, and Re-open Last Closed. Is there a way we could change the color of Re-open to blue? ...Or, maybe just add arrows to my remaining icons to make them all a little more visually identical? Maybe have the end of the arrow show up at 4 o'clock since "four" and "favorites" both start with "F." And we could try Home's arrow end straight up for the first hour of the day matching the "H" in Home.

Unless the goal isn't to make the icons as visually similar as possible... then I an't got nuthin'.