New Avatars

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
Chandu9013
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

New Avatars

Post by Chandu9013 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:48 am

Just like Skins why not let users create their custom avatars and let them be added to our avatar gallery.I think this could be a successful idea.At the moment not all avatars in the gallery are really looking like avatars(looking like some nonsense).Others plz tell me ur opinions :)
D.Sai Chandra Sekhar (Chandu)
Avant Browser 10.1 Build 30
Internet Explorer 6 SP1
Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1
Windows 98 Second Edition

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:26 pm

I think we'd be losing sight of what this forum is all about. People can always find an avatar online & upload it if they don't like any in the gallery.

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:37 pm

Add them to the gallery?, which would then require more space on the ABF server, which would then in turn, require more bandwidth as people used them all........ makes alot of sense :lol:

Best thing to do (as has been suggested) is to find a place to host your custom avatars, and use the URL option in your profile, to use them.

Moby
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Avant Version:

Post by Moby » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:37 pm

bigC wrote:I think we'd be losing sight of what this forum is all about. People can always find an avatar online & upload it if they don't like any in the gallery.
I have to agree. We're here for Avant Browser.
Stealer of Souls

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:53 pm

MysteryFCM wrote:Add them to the gallery?, which would then require more space on the ABF server, which would then in turn, require more bandwidth as people used them all........ makes alot of sense :lol:

Best thing to do (as has been suggested) is to find a place to host your custom avatars, and use the URL option in your profile, to use them.
Well, Avant's forum has always supported the uploading of avatars. So, I don't see a reason now to stop doing this. The only thing is that I think the way it is done now is if I upload an image, only I can use it. I think Chandau is trying to say let anyone use the ones that are uploaded to the server.
Now, as bigC states, I don't think this is needed. If you find an avatar that you like, you can link to an outside server or upload it yourself and use it. If you want to have a place for all people to use your avatars, do it like the skins are done. They are not hosted by this forum but on a differnt server.
So, Chandau, if you want a place like that, maybe that would be a good project for you to develop.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:06 pm

SweetLou wrote:I think Chandau is trying to say let anyone use the ones that are uploaded to the server.
Oh right, hehe..... woops :oops:

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: New Avatars

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Chandu9013 wrote:Just like Skins why not let users create their custom avatars and let them be added to our avatar gallery.I think this could be a successful idea.At the moment not all avatars in the gallery are really looking like avatars(looking like some nonsense).Others plz tell me ur opinions :)
Ofcoarse i think it would be better if all could make personal avatars with your name and such . How ever adding them to what is here it would be the same anyone could use them .To keep them personal u upload from your own puter then it would have your name on it. :thumbup: :)

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Post by statm1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow, axeman.. lol

You know Chandu9013 said that almost 5 years ago..lol He hasn't logged in since 2006. Im sure he appreciates your help though..
-- Matt --

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Post by angeldust » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 am

statm1 wrote:Wow, axeman.. lol

You know Chandu9013 said that almost 5 years ago..lol He hasn't logged in since 2006. Im sure he appreciates your help though..
Same goes for SweetLou eh.
"Slowly fall the sands of time, sweeping away all that we left behind."
CHIMO, to members & memories lost.
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 pm

statm1 wrote:Wow, axeman.. lol

Hey man he said add to the ones here i just meant that adding to ones here would be just the same . They would not be yours. LOL i just know saw the date on the post :lol: :lol:

aymenbnr
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Post by aymenbnr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 am

you can make an avatar then upload it to a free images upload then link to it in your profile.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:37 pm

aymenbnr wrote:you can make an avatar then upload it to a free images upload then link to it in your profile.
Yes bud i know what you mean .I mean like animation and size . :) :)