Common Occuring Subjects/Threads.

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Common Occuring Subjects/Threads.

Post by angeldust » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:41 am

We all know that there are various threads in the forum that are dupes, etc.
Could the mods. divide these up and combine them under one heading per thread/subject, e.g.: GDI Leaks, Download New Version, etc. and make them stickies so that they can be found readily? It might help those coming in who miss them.
OR
I know we have mods. & an admin. but is there a FORUM MASTER. Somebody who can make a decision about when or how to revamp the forum layout and add New General listings to HomePage.
This would be done when that person notices a recurring theme, question, etc.
Well it's up the flag pole gang.....

final observation: The HP shows mods. as gold, the rest of us are blue but so is the admin. shouldn't that be red to distinquish his importance?
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

TomServo
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by TomServo » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:38 pm

All good ideas.. but that would be a full time job and this is only a part time help place for us.

We try to help out the best we can.. but you just have to face facts.. people will not bother searching and reading the previous posts. They will always think they are the only ones that have the issue.

It may be something to consider.. but that would be a lot of work for the one involved.
'Minimal collateral damage' and 'entire star system' do /not/ belong in the same sentence.
- Schlock Mercenary

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by angeldust » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:14 pm

TomServo wrote:All good ideas.. but that would be a full time job and this is only a part time help place for us.

We try to help out the best we can.. but you just have to face facts.. people will not bother searching and reading the previous posts. They will always think they are the only ones that have the issue.

It may be something to consider.. but that would be a lot of work for the one involved.
Tom, I realize that this is a volunteer group etal, but you & various others have pointed out links to threads that answer new inquiries. Could we not have a new group like LINKS, where we post these under titles like Leaks, Favicons, etc.? When we notice a question that has been gone into, like the afore mentioned, numerous times, we could place it in this group. These Topics could have a General Question & then links to the various threads throughout The Forum. Also maybe we should change FAQ from the bar on top to a Forum Group like ETC., Support, General, etc. where it catches their eye when they reach HomePage. Either directly above or below General.
I know that this sounds like a lot but it could be done over a period for old threads & immediately for new ones.
Maybe some of the others have ideas :idea: on this but hopefully it could cut down on the repitions.

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:08 pm

It should be possible - you just need more mods!

Perhaps there could be a semi-mod class with the power to move posts but not to edit or delete them.

I mod a different board and the way we work it is that while we are virtually all-powerful in our own forums, we also have milder powers across the rest of the board.
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by angeldust » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:37 pm

What are the mods powers anyway?
Can one make a general decision about the forum without the others' input and if so why an administrator then?
Your idea about the semi-mods could help in cleaning up the current situation of muti-posts on same subject.
Yet either The Admin. or a Forum Master would have to come up with Simple Topic Titles that convey their content to everbody so all relevant new posts go to them.
Well Tom, what do you and the others think?

André
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
Avant Version:

Post by André » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:45 pm

I really like the idea of a semi mod. I think that would help out a lot. But i'm not sure if that would be possibl?!?!
Formerly known as DrDrrae.
I am not a member of the development team.
Please search the forum before posting questions.

Avant Force Wiki || Avant Force Blog
Desktop:
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || 8GiBs DDR2 800 @ 435MHz || Asus P5E
112 GiB SSD || 931 GiB HDD || 2x ATI 5770 in CrossfireX || Picture

NetBook:
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE || 1.66 GHz Atom N280 || 2 GiB DDR2 667 || 320 GiB HDD

NAS:
Intel E5200 @ 2.632 GHz || 4 GiB DDR2 800 @ 421 MHz || Foxconn G31MXP-K
5.45 TiB RAID 6

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:51 pm

The forum needs Mods that are visible online.......we have several that have not been on the forum in several months and some that only show up once or twice a month...........and only three BigC, TomServo and Logan that are really available to the forum on a regular basis and I, for one am grateful for their presence.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by angeldust » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:16 pm

Pip wrote:The forum needs Mods that are visible online.......we have several that have not been on the forum in several months and some that only show up once or twice a month...........and only three BigC, TomServo and Logan that are really available to the forum on a regular basis and I, for one am grateful for their presence.
So am I, Pip, so am I.
People like you, Sara, the good Doc., and others that I apologize to for not listing, help a lot too :!: But you have to admit we need to clean up the forum as Newbies, and sometimes the same ones, add similar questions all over the forum.
Last edited by angeldust on Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

André
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
Avant Version:

Post by André » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:26 pm

If the mods really do want help to do this I would be very happy to help out.
Formerly known as DrDrrae.
I am not a member of the development team.
Please search the forum before posting questions.

Avant Force Wiki || Avant Force Blog
Desktop:
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || 8GiBs DDR2 800 @ 435MHz || Asus P5E
112 GiB SSD || 931 GiB HDD || 2x ATI 5770 in CrossfireX || Picture

NetBook:
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE || 1.66 GHz Atom N280 || 2 GiB DDR2 667 || 320 GiB HDD

NAS:
Intel E5200 @ 2.632 GHz || 4 GiB DDR2 800 @ 421 MHz || Foxconn G31MXP-K
5.45 TiB RAID 6

TomServo
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by TomServo » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:55 pm

Ok, ok. You can all stop reading my mind now.. especially between 5 and 6, that's Willy's time! (Simpsons reference :wink: )

I have been considering another level of mods, and have several people in mind for it.

As for current mods.. Bati is in "retirement", Roth has gone to the light and switched to linux 8) , search... no idea he has vanished.. so, some clean up will happen this weekend and I am going to look more into another level of mods as well.
'Minimal collateral damage' and 'entire star system' do /not/ belong in the same sentence.
- Schlock Mercenary

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by angeldust » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:38 am

Seeing I brought this up I'll help anyway I can, if you can put up with a Newbie that is.