Forum Post Listings

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Forum Post Listings

Post by angeldust » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:31 am

Is there anyway that Forum Posts can be automoved up in the lists based upon the latest posting's date?
I'm sure newbies might have a thought or two on an older post but don't want to add to something that hasn't had a post in a few weeks never mind months, years, etc. figuring it might not be seen nor read after all this time buried in the lists on page "10" .
There are a few ways that it could be done:
1) Forum Title moves up in listing based upon last posting in each Forum.
1b) Posting Titles move up within ea. Forum Title same way.
2 )
This way those of us purusing the Forum can see the latest postings right off and maybe give/get answers sooner.
Also it could help curtail the complaints that answers are slow in coming and make the mods' jobs easier in seeing where the interests are heading.

The only wasted thought is one not shared!
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

Moby
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by Moby » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:32 am

I thought that was how it worked anyway.
Stealer of Souls

Logan
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Logan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:47 am

If I'm reading yur post right then yes, threads are moved up when a new post is made. For example when I read this post the thread was at the top of the list. If someone where to make a post in another thread then that would move to the top of any list unless there are sticky threads which are unmovable(unless there are many sticky threads then the last to have a post would move to the top).

TomServo
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by TomServo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:43 pm

They are moved up when new messages are added. Some threads though are marked sticky so they will always be on top.
'Minimal collateral damage' and 'entire star system' do /not/ belong in the same sentence.
- Schlock Mercenary

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Post by angeldust » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:06 pm

:oops:

Thanks, don't know why it didn't register, guess cold snap got to this old canucklehead.
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image