Important notice to all users

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
Joe935
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Important notice to all users

Post by Joe935 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:51 pm

This notice should be placed at the top of the main entry screen:
IMPORTIANT NOTICE TO ALL USERS !!

We have upgraded our forum. That explaines the downtime on nov. 7. Well lets cut it down to the importiant stuff: To login, use the two first letters (caps sensitive) of your OLD password. When we converted all the data from the old forum, this was the only way to keep the userdb. I repeat: Log in with the first two letters of your OLD password, and click on profile to change it immediately!

If you have forgotten your password or the above instructions doesnt work, CLICK HERE.

Rarely do i scroll down to the bottom of the forum index. and I bet alot of others don't also. :lol:

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Re: Important notice to all users

Post by Pip » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:56 pm

Joe935 wrote:This notice should be placed at the top of the main entry screen:
IMPORTIANT NOTICE TO ALL USERS !!

We have upgraded our forum. That explaines the downtime on nov. 7. Well lets cut it down to the importiant stuff: To login, use the two first letters (caps sensitive) of your OLD password. When we converted all the data from the old forum, this was the only way to keep the userdb. I repeat: Log in with the first two letters of your OLD password, and click on profile to change it immediately!

If you have forgotten your password or the above instructions doesnt work, CLICK HERE.

Rarely do i scroll down to the bottom of the forum index. and I bet alot of others don't also. :lol:
Same here.......when I couldn't get in several times......I re-registered with a new username.......then I saw the announcement at the bottom of the forum.......Sigh!!

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:47 pm

This information was also in the e-mail. Did you get the e-mail?

I guess the best place to put it though would have been on the log-in page. Can't miss it there.

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by Pip » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:08 am

Huh? What email??? Didn't get one "C"

No major problem.....but I bet the forum has a lot of duplicate people with new usernames now... :wink:

Pip

Joe935
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by Joe935 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:54 am

Ditto here, I received no email. But Its possible that mailwasher may have deleted it automatically, Since I didn't have this new server in my friends list.
It's there now. But I still say that the notice should be at the top of the index page.
Don't Force it, Use a bigger hammer!

Logan
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Logan » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:24 am

It's there now.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by bigC » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:56 pm

How did you guys know to go to the host-it.no address then? I got an e-mail that said the same as that message and to go to that temporary address. I figured the mail went to everyone.

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by Pip » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:01 pm

I had no idea.......I clicked the link in the middle of the page not found page that opened when it could not find the old forum.........don't know why I did because clicking that link usually will just get you the same results.....I still haven't received an email......guess that's a moot point now. I believe the forum link needs to placed somewhere in the browser though, most probably in the help column..........how would one find the forum otherwise......there is no link for it other than in the forum itself....so if you can't get to the forum because you don't know the link....like Sergei once said the link in the forum is of no use...

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by bigC » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:17 pm

pippi wrote:I had no idea.......I clicked the link in the middle of the page not found page that opened when it could not find the old forum.........don't know why I did because clicking that link usually will just get you the same results.....I still haven't received an email......guess that's a moot point now. I believe the forum link needs to placed somewhere in the browser though, most probably in the help column..........how would one find the forum otherwise......there is no link for it other than in the forum itself....so if you can't get to the forum because you don't know the link....like Sergei once said the link in the forum is of no use...
Well the link to the forum will be added back to AB's homepage. Anderson took it off for some reason only temporarily.

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by Pip » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:45 pm

BigC.......a Google search for the Avant forum will take you to the new link...........that's a plus anyway.

Grandma38
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Avant Version:

Just for info - I got the email

Post by Grandma38 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:01 pm

Just wanted to let you know that, even I got the email with all the information in it about the change and how to access the 'new' forum, etc., and I hadn't been here in ages (so very sorry) - but, due to home medical stuff as the regular users know...

But, just wanted to let you know that it 'did' get to some of us properly, don't know why it didn't get to others - I just have regular pop3 email... Don't know what Mailwasher is, but I don't have that - but if it's for "spam control" - then the new Norton Anti Virus "2004" version, does that now too, along with now covering/handling Adware and Spyware - it's Awesome!!! So, that way, you don't have to get a ton of programs - just one.

Well, this was just for info - Take Care All,
Judy
:wink:
"Spoil Grandchildren - Live Life - I HATE CANCER"
Avant Browser - 10, using avant.exe
Windows XP PRO SP2, All Updates Current
P4, 2.5Ghz, 1GB DDR-RAM
AVG 7.1 PRO AV, Spybot S & D
Hardware FW w/NAT-SPI-RULES-LOGS