Translation Forum

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
klumy
Avant Version:

Translation Forum

Post by klumy » Thu May 29, 2003 1:14 pm

how about a sub forum in the support section Translation

Where users can post their own translation files for AB. And can also post translation bugs in current translation files.

kjnangre
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: Translation Forum

Post by kjnangre » Thu May 29, 2003 4:01 pm

New translations along with corrected translations should be emailed to author@avantbrowser.com so that they can be included in the next release.

crom
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

a new translation?

Post by crom » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:21 am

what I can't make out is how anderson can be sure that the bugs in a translation are really solved in another file he gets from a person different from the one who usually translates the file...

he should trust him, I believe...

ok, it doesn't usually happen that one send a fake translation file on purpose; but it may happen...

what I'd like is that the person who usually translates the language file would be advised of the changes, or that the author has received a new translation...
If I die I have to go before Crom and he will ask me:
"What is the rule of Steel?"
And if I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me!
That's Crom, strong on his mountain..

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Re: Translation Forum

Post by Sergei » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:06 am

But if it ends up being full of people arguing about translation in various languages, how will it be moderated!? People could be using all kinds of bad language!

(Actually, I think it's a good idea.)
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL