bug reports

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
gary
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

bug reports

Post by gary » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:57 pm

I just read the Avant locks up thread (3 pages, BruceKrymow, Startracker, Bati, PatG etc from yesterday).  A very long thread that has resulted in annoyance on 3 sides I think, if I read it correctly.  I also notice that frequently bug reports are confused, and short on detail - it will take 2 or 3 messages before the gist is beginning to be clear.

Perhaps if there was a standard bug report form that came up in the message box when you want to enter a bug report it would help.

I don't know if that is possible in this forum, but if so it could provide space for Avant version, OS version, system processor, RAM, other interacting programs anything in the situation that Anderson or the moderators deem useful, plus "nature of problem", "when is it triggered", "extra comments" and anything else deemed useful.

Then people could be actively discouraged from adding to a thread "I have a similar problem, but ..." and mixing apples and oranges because they are both fruit.  People could write how their problem is similar to another they read about under "extra comments" but each thread could be unique, and the organized format might save moderator and user time by getting complete report the first time.
to thine ownself ...

batigolaso
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: bug reports

Post by batigolaso » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:59 pm

yea, i think that would be very helpful, but I really doubt it can be done. I think by now users should know to post all that information for all the bug reports...but I guess not :( As for that 1st thread you talked about, let's just forgetaboutit ;)
"In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." -The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock