re subcategories in the forum

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
gary
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

re subcategories in the forum

Post by gary » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:33 am

I was just reading the requests section.  And again I read someone saying that he did a search and found nothing similar to his request, which of course is a good thing to do.  but as the membership of the forum seems to be rapidly increasing, there are going to be exponentially more postings, and searching or just keeping up will be more and mmore difficult.

why not create subcategories.  At least in Requests one could have categories for things like Image Handling, Menu Layout, Font Control, New Add-in Support, New Functions.  these may not be the most useful categories but it might be a useful idea in the long run.
to thine ownself ...

roth377
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Re: re subcategories in the forum

Post by roth377 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:40 am

If the forum allows it (which it SHOULD...), then I would agree with this idea.  It would make many people happy (especially moderators)

...of course, it MAY also lead to a HUGE increase in people not posting where they need to in the first place....
....what smells like blue !?!

McBain
Avant Version:

Re: re subcategories in the forum

Post by McBain » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:31 am

I don't think it's possible to create subcategories (a forum in a forum) with this YABB forum.

But then again... everything is possible if you got what it takes ;)
Se holes greatest enemy is se pile.
Even se dolphins have holes, blowholes!
-McBain