Reply numbering wrong when message order is Descending

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Reply numbering wrong when message order is Descending

Post by mbrazil » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:48 pm

When the topic-order direction is set to Descending in the display options for the forums (User Control Panel | Board preferences | Edit display options | Display topic order direction), the reply numbering order does not change with the message order. When it's set to Ascending, the oldest post is on top, and later posts follow in order by date and by Reply number. However, when it's set to Descending, with the newest post on top, the Reply numbering order does not reverse as it should.

For example, in Ascending order, for a topic with three replies in the thread, everything works properly, and the order is like this:

Original post - no Reply #
First reply - Reply #1
Second reply - Reply #2
Third reply - Reply #3

However, in Descending order, the Reply numbering does not work correctly, so the order looks like this:

Third reply - no Reply #
Second reply - Reply #1
First reply - Reply #2
Original post - Reply #3

This is not a big deal, but with the sort order set to Descending, when you refer someone to a reply by its Reply number shown in the thread, the Reply number will be wrong in almost all cases. This is a bug in the forum software, so it would be good to notify the phpBB Group of the bug in their phpBB® Forum Software©.

Also, I don't see anywhere to determine what the version is of the forum software, but the most current version is 3.0.1.0 (2012-01-12) and it's available for download at http://www.phpbb.com/files/release/phpBB-3.0.10.zip.
Last edited by mbrazil on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Reply numbering wrong when message order is Descending

Post by xiaobing » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:34 am

The phpBB is the latest version.I can see it in the Administration Control Panel
phpBB.jpg
I will post the bug you mentioned to them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:37 am

xiaobing wrote:The phpBB is the latest version.I can see it in the Administration Control Panel
phpBB.jpg
I will post the bug you mentioned to them.
Great! Thanks! :)

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181

Post by statm1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 am

Mike, that reply # is a mod onto phpBB.. It doesn't come with a stock install of phpBB. It will be looked into with the coming update to the board.
-- Matt --