A new look!

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
Inu-Ya
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

A new look!

Post by Inu-Ya » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:47 pm

Hi, i'm new here but not new to the Maxthon Browser forums site but i like there look of there forums better. This site has the look of http://www.help2go.com and it's a computer/Spyware help site.
I would love it if you guys made a kinda green/blue shady look or... somethin like that. Regards Spywareguy255...
Windows Xp Professional Sp2 , Maxthon 1.5.0 , IE6 Sp2 , Avast Home Edition 4.6! , Ccleaner , SpyBot-S&D , Lavasoft Ad-ware 1.06SE

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:26 pm

You've caught us in the middle of a server transition. Normally, there are about 5 other styles available for the forum... although I don't believe any of them were green.

After everything gets back to normal, maybe this is something one fo the admins will look into... although, since this is a browser's support forum, things like styles and aesthetic changes usually don't rank very high on the "to-do" list.

Inu-Ya
Avant Version:

Post by Inu-Ya » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:49 pm

Well.. it's not that i don't hate the look it just that it looks old and needs a new look. but still Avant is my fav. as of now.
Windows Xp Professional Sp2 , Maxthon 1.5.0 , IE6 Sp2 , Avast Home Edition 4.6! , Ccleaner , SpyBot-S&D , Lavasoft Ad-ware 1.06SE

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:52 pm

Spywareguy255 wrote:Well.. it's not that i don't hate the look it just that it looks old and needs a new look. but still Avant is my fav. as of now.
Avant is your favorite? Not by your list on your website.......it's #5 out of 6 browsers recommended....... :wink:
Quote from your website

Hi, These Browser's Are The Best For Surfing The Web. Please Try The Following....

Maxthon - With It's Tabb Browsering and It's best state of the art Pop-Up Blocker, You will surely enjoy It! Might be based on IE but Its alot better. Tabb browsering makes It were you don't have to open a new window everytime you want to vist a new site. Try It...

FireFox - I've found this program has great themes, Plug-Ins, and skins. The pop-up blocker Is good and the look of It Is better then Maxthon's! Has Tabb browsering. Try It...

NetScape - This browser Is just like FireFox besides the look of It Is... alittle better and the pop-up blocker Is good. There are no themes or.. plug-Ins as of yet. This browser does have tabb browsering. Heres the link..

Note: Be aware that this browsers has some minor Issues and may crash once as It did with me but after that It's fine!

Opera - This browser seems to be like IE but the thing I hate about It, Is that It has a link or.. a little video sayin, Click here to buy Opera and It's stupid! But In all this Is a good one and of coruse has tabb browsering! Here link...

Avant - This Browser Is just like Maxthon! Has the pop-up blocker and The tabb browsering! Try It... http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.html

AOL Browser - This browser Is good and I hope you try It. Has a cool look and It's fast and has Tabb browsering! Has some minor Issues but still worth the try

Note - This browser Is a beta but still It's good In all.

These Browser's are the leadering best on the net and hope you will enjoy!
Seriously, glad you are enjoying Avant.........maybe with some extra time, it may climb up on your list.

Note: I have removed the links for each browser except Avant......I'm sure you understand.......

Pip

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:22 pm

As stated above, we moved servers two days ago. We decided to start with a clean phpBB. I will be adding themes in the near future. If there is a specific theme you want, post a link to it and we can decide to incorporate it into the forum or not.
Right now, I am trying to update a previos theme that hasn't been updated in a while. This is not fun. So if you find a theme you like, try to find one that is current with phpBB, this will improve the chances of it making it to the forum.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:52 am

SoftBlue and BigBlue (for you with less than perfect eyesight) have been added.

Let me know if there are any bugs in these themes.

I will now start working on the mods.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

James
Avant Version:

Post by James » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:09 pm

Wow, I know this is an old topic, but I just took a look at the available themes on here. I really like them!

I still am in love with Aphrodite though from phpbbstyles.com.