Avant Browser Tips section

This forum is for forum-related discussion only. DO NOT post anything here regarding Avant Browser itself or regarding anything other than the forums themselves. Post in Registration/Log In Issues if you are having trouble logging in!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
Do not post anything here that is not directly related to this forum. If you break this rule, you may receive a warning, and your post may be deleted.
yoleonard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Avant Browser Tips section

Post by yoleonard » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:34 pm

I'd like a Tips section where people can tell how they use the cool features of Avant Browser.
RDK
http://www.GimmeMyDomains.com
Cheap Domains & More

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Post by Sara » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Look here: http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=220

I'm not sure it's exactly what you had in mind, tho......

Sara :)

yoleonard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by yoleonard » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:25 pm

Yeah - to me the "Help" section is more for people researching a specific problem.

The Tips section (as I was envisioning it) would be a section where people can learn all the useful cool ways to better use the Avant Browser.
RDK
http://www.GimmeMyDomains.com
Cheap Domains & More

gary100856
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by gary100856 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:57 am

I agree with this idea

I just posted a "tip" about using Grokker search engine to Avant discussion, where it probably doesn't belong, and it was moved to the Avant request section at the end of another thread on using Scroogle where it also doesn't belong

A tips section would allow people to post their settings, Adblock additions, search line additions etc in one place
Avant 10.1 build 17
XP pro, IE 6
Kerio Firewall

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue May 10, 2005 1:47 am

gary100856 wrote:I agree with this idea

I just posted a "tip" about using Grokker search engine to Avant discussion, where it probably doesn't belong, and it was moved to the Avant request section at the end of another thread on using Scroogle where it also doesn't belong

A tips section would allow people to post their settings, Adblock additions, search line additions etc in one place
To be fair, your tip was nothing but the Quick Search string and it was merged to the QUICK SEARCH Suggestions thread, exactly where it belongs. The Quick Search suggestion ahead of yours was the Quick Search string for Scroogle, but if you had read any of the other posts, you would have found that it wasn't a "Scroggle" thread at all.
gary100856 wrote:If you want to use the Grokker visual search page, which creates a "map" of relevant search items based on a Yahoo search the line

http://www.grokker.com/applet.html?query=%s

in your Avant options search section will do it

Merged to this topic.
-DrDrrae

gary100856
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by gary100856 » Tue May 10, 2005 7:00 am

A simple line on how to use a particular search site doesn't belong in "Avant Requests" which is intended (if I read all the other requests there correctly) for requests for changes or additions to Avant's functionality.
Avant 10.1 build 17
XP pro, IE 6
Kerio Firewall

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue May 10, 2005 11:57 am

So, you're agreeing that it's in the correct thread, but that the thread is located in the wrong place, correct?

I'd agree that now it could be moved. I believe it was originally left there when we were getting requests for search engines. Putting it in the Requests forum allowed people to see it before they "requested" one.

Now that Avant's quick search is no longer a new feature, it'd probably be a good idea to move it.