Wasted space on toolbars

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

arcman
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Wasted space on toolbars

Post by arcman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Is there any chance of making a current version with toolbars that looked like they did back in version 197? It was the last version that had smaller height toolbars and the top bar had the color of whatever you had in windows. I've never been fond of this latest style so I've struggled with 197 for some time but I finally can't take the locking up any more. It looks like this 2014/7 version has mostly solved the lockups but there's wasted space up there with the wide bars.

How 'bout giving us the option to go with a 'retro' look? Or, at least make it so you can dock toolbars on the very top bar. That would eliminate one row of toolbars for me.

Thanks.

Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2018 build 7 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Re: Wasted space on toolbars

Post by Nederpietos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm

You could choose a skin below the line and use compact format.

arcman
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Re: Wasted space on toolbars

Post by arcman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 am

I hadn't tried that and it actually helps... a bit. Using the Compact style does remove one toolbar height but it's a bit kludged.

On the top row starting from the left, I now have the Avant logo, one letter from the webpage title (see below), the normal menu (file, view etc.), the minimize and exit buttons and finally the search bar. One the second row are the back forward buttons group and then the Bookmark bar and the management bar.

If I could get the minimize buttons all the way to the right side and the menu bar group all the way to the left without that one title letter next to the 'file' in the file menu, we'd be in business. Problem is, if you push the search bar and menu bar any farther to the left, the menu group disappears and you get the full site name in it's place.

Close, but not quite.