Printing

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

floristgirl
Windows Version: 7
Avant Version: new update today
IE Version: na

Printing

Post by floristgirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 am

On one of your previous updates you took away the option of print preview and printing what was selected onscreen and I used that all the time. I had to go to another browser for a while in order to print the things I wanted to print. Recently you returned those options and I was able to use Avant again (I much prefer Avant over Internet Explorer or Firefox which I also have available and had to use for a while) but with the update today that Printer Preview option is gone again so I guess I have to go back to using Internet Explorer to be able to do what I need to do. PLEASE return the Printer Preview and As Selected Onscreen choices so I can use Avant again. Thank you.

floristgirl
Windows Version: 7
Avant Version: new update today
IE Version: na

Printing

Post by floristgirl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:51 am

A while back on one of your updates you removed the Print Preview option and I used that all the time. I print a lot of recipes and only want to print the recipes themselves, not all the associated pictures and chat from the cooking websites that I frequent. It only recently was added back on and I was able to use Print Preview and As Selected Onscreen again so I could use Avant instead of Internet Explorer (which I don't like as Avant is so much better and faster and more reliable). Now with the update today you have taken those options away from me again so now I have to go back to Internet Explorer. PLEASE change it back and give me those options again.
E. Bone

brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass

Re: Printing

Post by brawnymike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 am

Print preview is still available, but finding it depends on which skin (selected from the context-sensitive [right-click] menu when click on the toolbar) you use:

If you are using one of the older (classic) skins--those found below the line on the skins submenu--Print Preview can be found on the main File menu (on the menu bar), on the context [right-click] menu for the webpage, and there's also a toolbutton for Print Preview which may be added to the toolbar (right-click on toolbar, & select Customize).

If you are using one of the new (Avant Browser 2013) skins--those found above the line on the skins submenu--it appears that Print Preview is only found on the context [right-click] menu for the webpage.

I hope this helps.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Printing

Post by mbrazil » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 am

With regard to not being able to print selected text, a bug that turned up about a year ago and was fixed has returned. The original bug-report post is at http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... ew#p182523. I reported the return of the problem yesterday (http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32447), and it's on the list to be fixed again.

In addition to what Brawnymike said about Print Preview, you might also take a look at the settings for your printer. My HP printer's Printing Preferences dialog box includes an option to always show a preview before printing. I keep this enabled all the time, so that every time I print from any application, a print-preview window opens, and I get a chance to make sure everything is the way I want it prior to sending to the printer. I used to end up wasting a fair amount of paper and ink before I found this option.