Ad Block functionality

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Flynn_Taggart
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Avant Version: Build 193
IE Version: N/A

Ad Block functionality

Post by Flynn_Taggart » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a few months so I decided to sign up and ask some questions, if you all wouldn't mind.

Regarding the ad block function on the latest version of Avant, it doesn't necessarily block all content even if you put the correct commands on the black list. Wouldn't there be a way to simply enter a directory of sites you visit that you want to block ads on?

Citing the Iron feature where can create the text file and add in the sites you want to stops add on, wouldn't that be easier here? Also I know how much of a scam Iron is having used it.

I'm not adamant on using the Chrome Ad Block extension as it openly states full access to your data undeniably, I was wondering if we can get around this or maybe I've just missed something on this forum...

Thanks in advance.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Ad Block functionality

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't have Ad Block problem but i never did i have never once set any settings i would never use chrome myself you have IE installed did you check that browser. I have IE /avant/firefox/ all installed when i get a problem i can't solve i just switch default browser to what ever one of the 3 til staff figures it out again thats if i can't.See if i switch to IE i bookmark avant go there everything will work.I am sure staff will tell you what to do but being chrismas they may have taken the day off good luck i wish i could be of no help :) you say this I know how much of a scam Iron is having used it. could you explain just what the scam is please :)

Flynn_Taggart
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Avant Version: Build 193
IE Version: N/A

Post by Flynn_Taggart » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 pm

For example, if you want to block the small ads on Gmail, it won't block. Some websites use different ad services, so if you enter the command for the current one, the ad service will change when refreshed, thus re-appearing intrusively.

Iron seems to be worthless due to the functions it claims to outright remove when you can disable these features on vanilla Chrome anyway. I don't really support the ideology of developers' ideas, but furthermore it doesn't really do anything different from Chrome other than the manual ad block listings.

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:00 am

Avant does indeed need to improve its adblocker feature.