Thats a lie

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

AvantiBrows
Avant Version:

Thats a lie

Post by AvantiBrows » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm

it is not good

http://google.avantbrowser.com/Search.aspx?cx

google avantsearch is a bug
I will back my good google search engine... or I will go to chrome....

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Thats a lie

Post by bigC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 pm

NegativeBlack
Windows Version: Windows 6.1 (Build 7601)
Avant Version: Avant Ultimate
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: Internet Explorer 10
Skin: Default Skin

Post by NegativeBlack » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 am

Well...Google Chrome is CNET's #1 browser, and is the fastest and most HTML5 supported browser. Also the most simple browser, so I can't disagree...but you shouldn't make the Avant team sad just because their browser is no where near the top 100.
I like cake.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 am

AvantiBrows get the heck out of here and go running back to your good google search engine... or I will go to chrome.... GO....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I have tried very hard not to coment on this but i am in a bad mood today :!: :!: :!: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 am

NegativeBlack wrote:Well...Google Chrome is CNET's #1 browser, and is the fastest and most HTML5 supported browser. Also the most simple browser, so I can't disagree...but you shouldn't make the Avant team sad just because their browser is no where near the top 100.
That's "CNets" top pick, and CNet is never wrong, are they? Try some other websites not affiliated with CBS and see which one is on top. Last time I read (last week) on another network, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 were the best.

Now as far as Avant goes, you must be knowledgeably challenged, because Avant IS NOT a browser, it's a front-end for 3 different browsers, including Chrome.

But so glad to know that you like a browser that steals your personal information and sends it back to GoOgle. You must be real proud....
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 am

Tinman57 wrote:Avant IS NOT a browser, it's a front-end for 3 different browsers, including Chrome.
I know I'm picking nits here, :roll: but Avant is a browser. Just as Internet Explorer is a browser that uses the Trident engine, Chrome is a browser that uses the WebKit engine, and Firefox is a browser that uses the Gecko engine, Avant is a browser that uses all three of these engines. It's official name is even "Avant Browser." #-o

bksening
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build1
IE Version: 8.0

Post by bksening » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 am

I think the knowledgeably challenged person here is the one who's brain is made of tin.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am

bksening wrote:I think the knowledgeably challenged person here is the one who's brain is made of tin.
What, are you in the 4th grade or something? Now quit being a ****-ant and get off the internet before your parents catch you up past your bedtime....
((((TINMAN))))

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 am

mbrazil wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:Avant IS NOT a browser, it's a front-end for 3 different browsers, including Chrome.
I know I'm picking nits here, :roll: but Avant is a browser. Just as Internet Explorer is a browser that uses the Trident engine, Chrome is a browser that uses the WebKit engine, and Firefox is a browser that uses the Gecko engine, Avant is a browser that uses all three of these engines. It's official name is even "Avant Browser." #-o
Yes, you are picking nits (nasty little buggers by the way), but Avant is just a user-friendly interface for the three engines, nothing less, nothing more. If Avant had it's own engine, then it would be a distinct browser. It's just simpler to call it a "browser" than a "front-end for three browser engines".
((((TINMAN))))

bksening
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build1
IE Version: 8.0

Post by bksening » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

No, I'm a Net citizen who thinks it's utterly disrespectful that Tin-Brain dared to call someone else "knowledgeably challenged". Tin-Brain needs to get off the internet and learn some manners and watch his language.

Also... the user-friendly interface on top of the three rendering engines (Trident, WebKit & Gecko) is EXACTLY what makes Avant a browser. What do you mean by "have your own engine"? WebKit is a rendering engine that's open-source to all developers, administered by Apple, and used by Google Chrome and Safari. Certainly Chrome does NOT have its own rendering engine (it just pulls regular updates from WebKit code), but both Chrome and Safari ARE distinct browsers. And, that's not even starting to list all the other WebKit-based and Gecko-based browsers.

Avant's user interface which builds on top off, and provides access to the rendering engine functionality, and additionally the history, bookmarking, any mouse gestures, any adblocking, and others is what makes it a browser, which is also the same for all other web browsers, regardless of which or how may rendering engines they are using.

Side Note: Don't be confused when Avant says it is Tri-core with "IE, Chrome, Firefox". Avant doesn't actually "include" those browsers; it just uses the same rendering engines they do, that is Trident, WebKit, and Gecko, respectively.

Technical Note: In case anyone is curious, the method Avant is a browser-shell around Trident-rendering is not the same as how it gets WebKit and Gecko rendering engines. Pre-compiled Trident rendering is included with every Windows computer and Microsoft provides programming APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to access the Trident functions. But all browsers using WebKit and Gecko rendering engines, including Avant, need to download the source code for WebKit or Gecko (or sample working source code of Chromium and Firefox) and re-compile whatever rendering and/or additional components they choose into a final working browser.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:25 pm

bksening wrote:No, I'm a Net citizen who thinks it's utterly disrespectful that Tin-Brain dared to call someone else "knowledgeably challenged". Tin-Brain needs to get off the internet and learn some manners and watch his language.

Also... the user-friendly interface on top of the three rendering engines (Trident, WebKit & Gecko) is EXACTLY what makes Avant a browser. What do you mean by "have your own engine"? WebKit is a rendering engine that's open-source to all developers, administered by Apple, and used by Google Chrome and Safari. Certainly Chrome does NOT have its own rendering engine (it just pulls regular updates from WebKit code), but both Chrome and Safari ARE distinct browsers. And, that's not even starting to list all the other WebKit-based and Gecko-based browsers.

Avant's user interface which builds on top off, and provides access to the rendering engine functionality, and additionally the history, bookmarking, any mouse gestures, any adblocking, and others is what makes it a browser, which is also the same for all other web browsers, regardless of which or how may rendering engines they are using.

Side Note: Don't be confused when Avant says it is Tri-core with "IE, Chrome, Firefox". Avant doesn't actually "include" those browsers; it just uses the same rendering engines they do, that is Trident, WebKit, and Gecko, respectively.

Technical Note: In case anyone is curious, the method Avant is a browser-shell around Trident-rendering is not the same as how it gets WebKit and Gecko rendering engines. Pre-compiled Trident rendering is included with every Windows computer and Microsoft provides programming APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to access the Trident functions. But all browsers using WebKit and Gecko rendering engines, including Avant, need to download the source code for WebKit or Gecko (or sample working source code of Chromium and Firefox) and re-compile whatever rendering and/or additional components they choose into a final working browser.
OOOOH! Your a "Net Citizen". Wow! You and 5 billion other "Net Citizens" with an opinion. I think your just a little troll looking to start a fight. If you just can't take "the language" [BWAHAHAHAHA!] then you really should get off the internet yourself little troll. As for your "Technical Note", I'm just not impressed.....

WebKit may be an open source engine, but if it isn't built into Avant then it's just a front-end. RazorLame isn't an encoder, but yet it encodes mp3's. It's a front-end for the Lame engine. I can give hundreds of examples of front-end's.

Providing access to the rendering engine functionality, history, bookmarking, mouse gestures, ad blocking and any other functionality don't make it a browser, it makes the GUI with some extras. The engine is the heart of the browser. When MyIE (Now Maxthon) first came out, it was called a front-end for Internet Explorer. Other than some more bells and whistles, Avant is no different, though I think it's much better.

And now for my side notes:
I suppose if you want to use the technical jargon for a browser front-end you can say "Web browser application" or a "shell". An Internet Explorer shell is any computer software that uses the Trident rendering engine of the Internet Explorer web browser. Although the term "Trident shell" is probably more accurate for describing these applications (including Internet Explorer itself), the term "Internet Explorer shell", or "IE shell", is in common parlance. This means that these software products are not actually full-fledged web browsers in their own right but are simply an alternate interface for Internet Explorer; they share the same limitations of the Trident engine, typically contain the same bugs as IE browsers based on the same version of Trident, and any security vulnerabilities found in IE will generally apply to these browsers as well.
But gosh, don't take my word for it. Here, let me help you:
http://bit.ly/YrVtag
((((TINMAN))))

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 am

Tinman57 wrote:And now for my side notes:
I suppose if you want to use the technical jargon for a browser front-end you can say "Web browser application" or a "shell". An Internet Explorer shell is any computer software that uses the Trident rendering engine of the Internet Explorer web browser. Although the term "Trident shell" is probably more accurate for describing these applications (including Internet Explorer itself), the term "Internet Explorer shell", or "IE shell", is in common parlance. This means that these software products are not actually full-fledged web browsers in their own right but are simply an alternate interface for Internet Explorer; they share the same limitations of the Trident engine, typically contain the same bugs as IE browsers based on the same version of Trident, and any security vulnerabilities found in IE will generally apply to these browsers as well.
This is really more a matter of semantics than technical accuracy. Google defines a web browser as "a program used to view HTML documents." Wikipedia says a web browser is "a software application for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web." Most people who use a browser to view sites and content on the web would probably say something like, "It's that thing I use to view stuff on the interwebs." (Doesn't that make you want to puke?) Regardless of whatever features (bells and whistles) a particular browser has, a browser is, fundamentally, an interface to pages and content on the web. Yes, as Google says, it converses with web servers in HTML, but most people wouldn't know the difference between HTML code and rabbit puke.

The best definition for a web browser is one that most people understand, so let's accept that a web browser is "a software program you use to view stuff on the web." Using that as a definition, Avant, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE, etc. ad nauseam are all web browsers. To most users, front ends, rendering engines, shells, etc. are just a bunch of technical jargon that they're not in the least bit interested in. To say that Avant or any of the others is or isn't a web browser because it does or doesn't use it's own, home grown rendering engine is pointless. If you can download it, install it, and use it to view web content, it's a web browser. Applying the principles of this discussion to cars, you'd have to say that a vehicle that is built using an engine made by a different manufacturer isn't a car, because the manufacturer didn't design and build the engine themselves. That's ridiculous. The same holds true for web browsers. Saying that Avant (or any of the others) isn't a web browser because the developer used a component that he didn't write himself (the rendering engine) is pointless, inaccurate, and ridiculous, and it's an even more extreme case of picking nits.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 am

mbrazil wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:And now for my side notes:
This is really more a matter of semantics than technical accuracy. Google defines a web browser as "a program used to view HTML documents." Wikipedia says a web browser is "a software application for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web." Most people who use a browser to view sites and content on the web would probably say something like, "It's that thing I use to view stuff on the interwebs." (Doesn't that make you want to puke?) Regardless of whatever features (bells and whistles) a particular browser has, a browser is, fundamentally, an interface to pages and content on the web. Yes, as Google says, it converses with web servers in HTML, but most people wouldn't know the difference between HTML code and rabbit puke.

The best definition for a web browser is one that most people understand, so let's accept that a web browser is "a software program you use to view stuff on the web." Using that as a definition, Avant, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE, etc. ad nauseam are all web browsers. To most users, front ends, rendering engines, shells, etc. are just a bunch of technical jargon that they're not in the least bit interested in. To say that Avant or any of the others is or isn't a web browser because it does or doesn't use it's own, home grown rendering engine is pointless. If you can download it, install it, and use it to view web content, it's a web browser. Applying the principles of this discussion to cars, you'd have to say that a vehicle that is built using an engine made by a different manufacturer isn't a car, because the manufacturer didn't design and build the engine themselves. That's ridiculous. The same holds true for web browsers. Saying that Avant (or any of the others) isn't a web browser because the developer used a component that he didn't write himself (the rendering engine) is pointless, inaccurate, and ridiculous, and it's an even more extreme case of picking nits.
"more a matter of semantics than technical accuracy"??? Everything I posted was technically accurate, I even gave links to other technical sites that said the same thing. As for the google and wiki definitions go, that is the definition for the "engines" and don't take in consideration of front-ends. You really should google front-end sometime. Comparing car engines is just so far out in left field it don't even make sense, except perhaps to your mind. It's like "what does that have to do with the cost of tea in China?"
I tried explaining it, even gave technical site links to show proof and make it even easier for you to understand. I can't make it any clearer, but yet you still don't get it. This seems to be your norm as seen in the past, opening your mouth when you don't know what your talking about and throwing out a bunch of useless quotes and ill-conceived comparisons. All your doing is trolling, so just keep on living in your little dream world and leave me the heII alone.....
((((TINMAN))))

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 am

You just proved my point. This discussion is most definitely a matter of semantics (what "web browser" means). Technical accuracy has no bearing when most people who use the term 'web browser' have no technical knowledge, aren't the least bit interested in obtaining any, and simply don't care. Also, by saying that web browser and rendering engine have identical meanings, you are distorting reality and passing along your inaccurate perception of this type of software.

Avant Browser is distributed as a combination of a user interface (or front end) and either one or three different rendering engines, depending on the version (Lite or Ultimate). Saying Avant is just a front end insinuates that users who download it must then obtain a rendering engine separately and then must find a way to combine the two together to make a full web browser (you should ask Anderson how difficult that is to do). Saying Avant is just a front end is wrong, just as saying the Firefox, IE, and Chrome browsers are just rendering engines is also wrong. Mozilla builds Firefox from their front end and their open-source Gecko engine; Microsoft builds Internet Explorer from their front end and their proprietary Trident engine; Google builds Chrome from their front end and the open-source WebKit engine; and Apple builds Safari from their front end and the WebKit engine. No one can surf the web with any of these front ends unless it's merged with a rendering engine, and no one can surf the web with any of these engines unless it's merged with a front end. Chrome and Safari make a good example. They both use the WebKit engine, but no one who tried both would say they're the same web browser. If you think that Avant is just a front end, then you must also think that Chrome, Safari, and many other web browsers are just front ends. The user interface (especially Avant's) is, for most users, what primarily what sets one browser apart from the others. Users directly interact with the user interface and also with the links and content created and made available by web developers and displayed by the rendering engine, but for the most part, they don't directly interact with the engine itself. Most users don't even know that the rendering engine can be separated from the web browser, and most wouldn't care if they did know.

It's too bad that you aren't capable of understanding my car analogy, as it's very pertinent to this discussion. You seem to be of the opinion that a web browser and a rendering engine are the same thing. This is NOT the case, just as a complete vehicle and a vehicle engine are not the same thing. Try driving on the highway with just an engine instead of a whole vehicle, and try browsing the web with just a rendering engine instead of a full web browser. In both cases, you'll fail totally. How is it that you aren't capable of understanding something so simple and straightforward?

I'd be more than happy to leave you the hеll alone, if you'd stop posting your twisted opinions as facts. The only reason I posted in this thread was to help other participants realize that the information you presented was not accurate. You're so wrapped up in your own ideology that you can't even begin to understand when your errors are brought to your attention. You come across as an opinionated know-it-all who's never willing to participate in a rational discussion of the issue at hand. You're wrong on this and you have been wrong on a variety of other topics as well, but you'll never even consider anything anyone else says or any factual information they provide to help you understand. I'm sick of your undeserved attitude of superiority and will no longer read any of your (mostly worthless) posts.

I just recalled another "discussion" we had here, and considering your willingness to accept everything in your favorite novel as fact, your inability to think and speak/write rationally is understandable. Science and technology are based on facts and research, not fantasy and wishful thinking.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 am

Come on guys were on the same team here. What Tinman is saying is Anderson did not write the code for IE , CHROME AND FIREFOX.So i must say when i started on this site back when the side bar or faves beside them they were IE symbal's. Ofcoarse i asked and was told without IE avant wouldnot work and now ofcoarse it is a tri core browser but that is the webkit ultimate with it lite without it. So in keeping with the parlence of are times what more can be done to make avant stand on it's own. also is it being said that all browsers are trident or gecko. So define open-source does that mean anyone can take open-source and make a browser PS I am not takeing sides i am just curious 8) 8)

NegativeBlack

Post by NegativeBlack » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 am

Chrome wins for most HTML-5 support, NOW STOP POSTING!
I like cake.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

The creator of Avant Mobile for Android

i spoke up for you WTF were talking about who wrote the actual code for avan .PS DON'T TELL ME TO STOP ANYTHING EVER AGAIN. :twisted:

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 pm

AXEMAN wrote:Come on guys were on the same team here. What Tinman is saying is Anderson did not write the code for IE , CHROME AND FIREFOX.So i must say when i started on this site back when the side bar or faves beside them they were IE symbal's. Ofcoarse i asked and was told without IE avant wouldnot work and now ofcoarse it is a tri core browser but that is the webkit ultimate with it lite without it. So in keeping with the parlence of are times what more can be done to make avant stand on it's own. also is it being said that all browsers are trident or gecko. So define open-source does that mean anyone can take open-source and make a browser PS I am not takeing sides i am just curious 8) 8)
A web browser consists of a rendering engine, a user interface, and any additional code necessary to integrate the two and to make the combined software provide users the ability to view websites and to manage various related functions, like bookmarks, searches, toolbars, etc. Most currently available web browsers use one of the three most prevalent engines (Trident, Gecko, and WebKit). An open-source license is a copyright license for computer software (in this case, the rendering engine) that makes the source code available for anyone to use as long as the terms of the license are not violated (http://tinyurl.com/cbq9ulj).

While it is true that the unique features of Avant are primarily provided by parts of the user interface, or front end, and that Anderson did not create any of the rendering engines used in Avant, the same can be said for every other browser. In the case of Firefox and Internet Explorer, the code for the user interface and the engine code are written by software engineers working for or with the same organization (Mozilla or Microsoft). Google's Chrome, Apple's Safari, and SeaMonkey, like Avant, have a user interface that's not written by the same organization that writes the engine code. The same is true for most of the other available browsers, although Opera is one that has its own engine, Presto.

If you want to say that Avant is just a front end for the three most popular rendering engines, then you must also admit that what we know as Mozilla Firefox is Mozilla's front end combined with the Gecko engine, Internet Explorer is Microsoft's front end combined with the Trident engine, and Chrome and Safari are Google's and Apple's front ends combined with the WebKit engine. There is no conceptual difference. However, a web browser must have a front end and a rendering engine to function and to serve its purpose. Gecko, Trident, and WebKit are not web browsers, they are rendering engines. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera, SeaMonkey, and all the rest are web browsers. When you install them, you get a user interface or front end fully integrated with a rendering engine. In terms of being able to perform its intended purpose, none of the front ends and none of the engines can stand alone, and none of them are made available to end users as separate, standalone applications. A user interface (front end) without an engine is not a web browser. A rendering engine without a user interface is not a web browser. Only a rendering engine that is fully integrated with a user interface is a web browser.

Operating systems have a similar arrangement. Every OS has a kernel, a front end (or shell), and some other components. In the case of Windows, Explorer is the shell provided by Microsoft, and while it's not common for Windows to be configured with an alternate shell, there are shells other than Explorer that can be used with the Windows kernel. Linux and other UNIX variants have a similar structure, and while it is a more complex combination of components than that of a web browser, it is much more common for these OSes to be configured with one of a variety of shells. For Linux, some of the commonly used shells are Gnome, KDE, and but there are others that are also popular. The following, from Wikipedia, describes this in more detail.

"A [Linux] distribution oriented toward desktop use will typically include the X Window System and an accompanying desktop environment such as GNOME or KDE Plasma. Some such distributions may include a less resource intensive desktop such as LXDE or Xfce for use on older or less powerful computers. A distribution intended to run as a server may omit all graphical environments from the standard install and instead include other software such as the Apache HTTP Server and an SSH server such as OpenSSH. Because Linux is freely redistributable, anyone may create a distribution for any intended use.

Some popular mainstream Linux distributions include Debian (and its derivatives such as Ubuntu), Fedora and openSUSE. Linux distributions include the Linux kernel, supporting utilities and libraries and usually a large amount of application software to fulfill the distribution's intended use."

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 pm

mbrazil wrote:You just proved my point. This discussion is most definitely a matter of semantics (what "web browser"
You analogies don't make any sense just like the rest of your rants, and your still a loser that for some odd reason thinks he's the sheriff in town.......
((((TINMAN))))

NegativeBlack

Post by NegativeBlack » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 am

Just about every tech site on the net thinks Chrome is best and Avant is last. Even this site: internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com I know how Avant Browser can be improved but my idea can take a while...
I like cake.