Avant Browser

Avant Browser community forum
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC

Poston: Fri May 06, 2011 11:01 pm 

Avant Version:
Having used many browsers with mouse gestures it seems that Avant's seem kind of unresponsive. The reason for this is because you have to hold down the right mouse button longer than other browsers for the mouse gestures to register. In Maxthon 2 I would just flick the mouse while tapping the right mouse button and the mouse gesture would come out.

Another thing I would like to see is being able to customize the mouse gesture trail.

Post Reply #1 on: Tue May 10, 2011 10:05 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7
What version of Avant Browser are you currently using?

You are able to customize the mouse gesture trail. Reset trails in Avant Browser Options->Mouse->Mouse gestures.

Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Post Reply #2 on: Wed May 18, 2011 3:56 am 

Avant Version:
I'm using the latest version on the homepage now but it still says beta 13 instead of build 16.

What I meant with mouse gesture trail customization is I can change the width/color of it. Right now it's too big and I prefer just a line instead of the arrow like other browsers.

Didn't see it mentioned in the changelog but the mouse gestures are much more responsive which is a big plus :thumbup:

Post Reply #3 on: Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 am 

Avant Version:
Nvm on the browser version. The setup file was named differently. Using Build 16 now.

Is there an edit post button?

Post Reply #4 on: Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7
abnewguy wrote:
I'm using the latest version on the homepage now but it still says beta 13 instead of build 16.

What I meant with mouse gesture trail customization is I can change the width/color of it. Right now it's too big and I prefer just a line instead of the arrow like other browsers.

Didn't see it mentioned in the changelog but the mouse gestures are much more responsive which is a big plus :thumbup:

Try v2001 build 17.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30034

Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Post Reply #5 on: Fri May 27, 2011 11:17 pm 

Avant Version:
Hi, there are certain youtube channels like this one http://www.youtube.com/user/The1UPNetwork#g/u where the mouse gestures still feel unresponsive.

I tested this page in FF4 and Maxthon 2 and both were very responsive when doing a new tab gesture. In Avant 2011 build 18, the right mouse button has to be held longer before a mouse gesture registers.

Post Reply #6 on: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm 

Windows Version: 7
Avant Version: 7
IE Version: 7
Thanks for the help, I had the same problem with the mouse, but now it seems like everything has been taken care of.