Auto-Backup text typed in the page fields

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: 10 64-bit
Avant Version: 2019 Build 2 USB
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.51.14393.0
Skin: Dream

Auto-Backup text typed in the page fields

Post by Dreamer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Sometimes I'm typing the long text in fields like this - for posting a new topic/post and something happens - connection problem, crash, anything - and the whole text is lost, so I'm thinking about solution...

...how to never lost our typed text - and hesre is the suggestion:

- Automatically backup typed text in page fields every X minutes and save it on HDD, in special setting file in Avant settings folder with the other files.

It should be auto-deleted after some time, or if Avant is closed normally (not crashed).

Perhaps there should be some options to completely disable this feature, to change times, when to delete text...

Thank you.
Dreamer

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Auto-Backup text typed in the page fields

Post by AXEMAN » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Save your info to a cd it works i do it . Then as i go along i add more info to the cd you can't depend on browsers to always keep your info stuff happens. But on the cd i have all my bookmarks and passwords and what ever else i want to save. Then no matter what i have my info .I also so a 500 gig external drive for everything. Haveing a puter custum built on tuesday i should have it the same day. Then haveing all my info saved mostly it will just be put in place and i will be good to go. :)

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe

Post by Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Hm.. it's misunderstanding, sorry, I'll try to explain it better. I meant just backup the text I'm typing right now for example - in the quick reply field - to if something happens (accidental close, crash, anything), I would be able to recover the text, perhaps even automatically, but it should ask if I want to recover the text...

...The same as dialog to recover opened tabs on Avant crash - great feature BTW, I want something similar for the fileds like (quick) reply in the forums, of course the name/password fields should be desabled.

Anyway, it's just s "sub-suggestion" for much more important suggestion below "(Important) Auto-backup all settings and custom folder" - I really think this should be implemented soon, Avant is great in save/backup things - already said about "auto-tab-recovery on crash", so this would be very useful!
Dreamer

ABman
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: XP+SP3 Home
Avant Version: 2012
IE Version: IE7/8

Post by ABman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Usually, if I'm typing more than one line of reply, I just do a CTL A then CTL C to copy the text, then it's saved in case something goes wrong.
Even better, I use the free Yankee Clipper III which saves ALL text copied to the clipboard, so it's there even after a reboot.
http://www.intelexual.com/products/yc3

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe

Post by Dreamer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I do the same (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C), but I wanted to avoid this.

Thanks for the tip, but it's danger to save ALL - because also passwords are saved, perhaps it is crypted, but then it's not so easy to use...
Dreamer

jcaiken
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by jcaiken » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 am

I assume that what you want is similar to the "text-save" facility within IEPro or the "Lazarus" add-in for Chrome/Firefox etc.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey bro but it's danger to save ALL - because also passwords are saved, perhaps it is crypted, no on a cd you can put site with passwords how can it be dangerous to save on a cd or a external hard drive it is not pluged in and the cd is not in your cd trey til you put it in it is a 100 percent safe i don.t mean the browser keeping the pass words you are talking about sites and passwords if not i am sorry bro. also i keep all my worddocks on the external . :)