64-bit AB? When?

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

m18
Windows Version: Win7x64
Avant Version: Always latest
Default engine: Chrome 30.0.1599.101
IE Version: 11.0.9600.16428
Skin: default

64-bit AB? When?

Post by m18 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 pm

When will accessible version 64-bit version of AB?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: 64-bit AB? When?

Post by Jasmine » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:14 am

Have no plan to make a 64-bit browser.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Browser Peeper
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP 3
Avant Version: Ultimate 2014 Build 2
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE 8
Skin: AthenX

Post by Browser Peeper » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Will the 32-bit version of AB function well on a 64-bit computer?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:32 am

Sure~
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Anubiset
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Avant Version: 2011 Beta 3
IE Version: MSIE 9.0

Post by Anubiset » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Jasmine wrote:Have no plan to make a 64-bit browser.
Well then I suppose everyone should give up on using this browser because eventually (in the very near future) virtually everything is going to be running AT LEAST 64bit Software. 32bit is fading out rapidly now that virtually every computer component made now is 64bit capable/compatible.

They already have 64 bit versions of Flash and Java for 64 bit browsers...

How long do you think 32 bit browsers will be used from this point forward? I'd say within the next year, virtually everyone will be running 64 bit Browsers and virtually all Add-Ons, Extenstions, Plugins, etc... will be 64 bit Compatible as well.

I already use the x64 Internet Explorer since Java and Flash work with it now, and it is virtually twice as fast as the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer, and it's also more secure than 32 bit Browsers.

You may want to seriously reconsider making Avant 64 bit within the next year or so or this Web Browser WILL NOT succeed and will be blown away by the competition.

In my honest opinion, the best browser (all around) is actually a new one that most haven't heard of yet called RockMelt. Just google it and install that. You'll never look back at Avant, or IE (any version) because it's far ahead of them in speed, security, stability, features, etc...

I figured I would check out this new 2011 Beta 3 of Avant Browser and I have. My conclusion... It still needs a LOT of work and is far from a reliable, every-day-use Web Browser, and it's definitely not the fastest either. Actually, RockMelt is faster all-around even though it's loaded with Extensions (3rd party ones I added), plus it's much more compatible with websites, blazing fast with Multimedia sites like Facebook, Facebook Games, Myspace Games, or any other Browser Based Media.

In Avant 2011 Beta 3, I can maybe get one out of three websites to display/work properly (no matter which rendering mode I use) so I'm uninstalling it until there's a stable release that's actually worth using, and possibly won't use Avant again until there is a 64 bit version in the works...

It's a great start, don't get me wrong. I love the idea of Avant Browser; although, it just needs some further development/bug fixes/features and it might make me consider using it as my primary Web Browser.

Thanks for all of your hard work. If I knew how to program/script I would definitely offer to help with Avant, but I'm not that advanced with programming yet (Unless of course you could teach me a little. I learn/catch-on extremely fast and have plenty of time on my hands to learn and help you develop Avant if you would like).

=P~

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Anubiset wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Have no plan to make a 64-bit browser.
Well then I suppose everyone should give up on using this browser because eventually (in the very near future) virtually everything is going to be running AT LEAST 64bit Software. 32bit is fading out rapidly now that virtually every computer component made now is 64bit capable/compatible.

They already have 64 bit versions of Flash and Java for 64 bit browsers...

How long do you think 32 bit browsers will be used from this point forward? I'd say within the next year, virtually everyone will be running 64 bit Browsers and virtually all Add-Ons, Extenstions, Plugins, etc... will be 64 bit Compatible as well.

I already use the x64 Internet Explorer since Java and Flash work with it now, and it is virtually twice as fast as the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer, and it's also more secure than 32 bit Browsers.

You may want to seriously reconsider making Avant 64 bit within the next year or so or this Web Browser WILL NOT succeed and will be blown away by the competition.

In my honest opinion, the best browser (all around) is actually a new one that most haven't heard of yet called RockMelt. Just google it and install that. You'll never look back at Avant, or IE (any version) because it's far ahead of them in speed, security, stability, features, etc...

I figured I would check out this new 2011 Beta 3 of Avant Browser and I have. My conclusion... It still needs a LOT of work and is far from a reliable, every-day-use Web Browser, and it's definitely not the fastest either. Actually, RockMelt is faster all-around even though it's loaded with Extensions (3rd party ones I added), plus it's much more compatible with websites, blazing fast with Multimedia sites like Facebook, Facebook Games, Myspace Games, or any other Browser Based Media.

In Avant 2011 Beta 3, I can maybe get one out of three websites to display/work properly (no matter which rendering mode I use) so I'm uninstalling it until there's a stable release that's actually worth using, and possibly won't use Avant again until there is a 64 bit version in the works...

It's a great start, don't get me wrong. I love the idea of Avant Browser; although, it just needs some further development/bug fixes/features and it might make me consider using it as my primary Web Browser.

Thanks for all of your hard work. If I knew how to program/script I would definitely offer to help with Avant, but I'm not that advanced with programming yet (Unless of course you could teach me a little. I learn/catch-on extremely fast and have plenty of time on my hands to learn and help you develop Avant if you would like).

=P~
Jasmine he is right soon all will be 64 i am buying a new puter made custum and the version of windows 7 is 64 as well now you said you will not be making one what about anderson can't he add that to say a future release as long as 32 will still work thats all that matters i guess but sooner or later avant must catch up with the real world :)

bksening
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build1
IE Version: 8.0

Post by bksening » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 am

Anubiset wrote:How long do you think 32 bit browsers will be used from this point forward?
Probably 2 to 3 years still to go yet, I think.
Anubiset wrote:I'd say within the next year, virtually everyone will be running 64 bit Browsers and virtually all Add-Ons, Extenstions, Plugins, etc... will be 64 bit Compatible as well.
I agree it will happen eventually, but do you really think that it will be within the next year (by April 2012)?

64-bit browsers and plugins have been in development for 4 years or more. So far, the only public native 64bit Windows browser that I know of is 64bit Internet Explorer. And the other virtually ubiquitous plugin, ie. Flash, is still 32bit only. The 64bit Flash is still in development stage after all this time. And even Rockmelt browser is 32bit only.

Do you really think this next year will finally be the special year that there will be more native 64bit final browser releases so that "virtually all" browsers and plugins will be 64bit?