Make System Buttons movable

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Re: Make System Buttons movable

Post by statm1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Having the system buttons on the tab bar hasn't been that bad has it kurai? Its been on there so long for me, that I actually prefer them on there. Keeps them separated from the main system buttons and less clutter in the header. I would even go on to say that in compact mode, having the system buttons on the tab bar is better for usability because since they are strictly for the tabs they should be with the tabs.

But I guess that is whats great about opinions. lol
-- Matt --

kurai
Avant Version:

Post by kurai » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:54 pm

statm1 wrote:Having the system buttons on the tab bar hasn't been that bad has it kurai?
Well ... yes, or I wouldn't have said it. ;)
It just makes life unnecessarily hard for me the way I prefer to use Avant and organise the rest of my screen real estate.

kurai
Avant Version:

Post by kurai » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Yay ! \o/

I'm now on a current build for what the first time in what seems like forever.

System buttons are indeed moveable, and work a treat. Thanks Anderson :mrgreen:

I only have one *tiny* niggle ... the Next Window (right arrow) and Previous Window (left arrow) order has been reversed and is now rather counterintuitive - the order of the buttons can't be altered in the "Other Buttons" section of the Customise Buttons dialogue.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:02 pm

kurai wrote:I only have one *tiny* niggle ... the Next Window (right arrow) and Previous Window (left arrow) order has been reversed and is now rather counterintuitive - the order of the buttons can't be altered in the "Other Buttons" section of the Customise Buttons dialogue.
Yeah, that sort of bugs me to. I would like to rearrange things like you can with buttons on the addon bar.

Tekk
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: IE 8

Post by Tekk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:12 pm

kurai wrote:I only have one *tiny* niggle ... the Next Window (right arrow) and Previous Window (left arrow) order has been reversed and is now rather counterintuitive - the order of the buttons can't be altered in the "Other Buttons" section of the Customise Buttons dialogue.
bigC wrote:Yeah, that sort of bugs me to. I would like to rearrange things like you can with buttons on the addon bar.
:D :D :D Yesssssssssss!!
I was so happy after installing Avant 11.6 public beta 9, to see the System Buttons visisble as a moveable toolbar named Management Bar!! Which was the first build that added the Management Bar? Was it public beta build 9, or did public beta build 4 include the Management Bar also? I missed build 8, but I think build 9 only came out a day or two immediately afterward didn't it? If it was in Public Beta build 4 I didn't even notice it, I was experimenting around with Opera and SlimBrowser at the time, neither of which met my expectations as an all around useful browser, as does Avant Browser. Build 4 was just a little too buggy, so I was using the previous browsers until the more stable build came out, and build 9 was close enough to there, I've only had the Final Release 11 since midnight this morning, so I am trying to see how I like this.

This is a release I can pledge to make a contribution to. I just wanted to thank Anderson for returning the moveable System Buttons, Thank you Anderson! Moderators! :D

PS: As bigC mentions, the Forward and Previous arrows are placed in a NON-INTUITIVE fashion, usually an arrow pointing left is on the left, an arrow pointing right is on the right, as they are intuitively placed on the <-Back and Forward -> buttons on the Standard Buttons toolbar. In the Management Bar we have been blessed with, the left arrow points right, and the right arrow points left, such as -> Next Window and <-Previous Window buttons location. It causes for PAUSE and breaks my concentration when I need to use them. :x