Mouseless web surfing/Clicking links without mouse

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

lucy_one
Avant Version:

Mouseless web surfing/Clicking links without mouse

Post by lucy_one » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:50 pm

I have RSI syndrome from working too much at the computer, that's why I can't use a regular mouse anymore. To make computer work less painful I try to do everything by keyboard.
Therefore, I love all the keyboard shortcuts with which you can navigate through Avant Browser.

What would really really help me a lot would be a function like that Hit A Hint plugin for Firefox: http://users.tkk.fi/~psillanp/hah_hp/ "Clicking" links by typing a number. I don't want to switch to Firefox just for that plugin.

Or is there already some similar software for IE?
I really appreciate any kind of help in this topic!

Added to the Master Request/Suggestion List as Keyboard-clickable links. - hornakapopolis

robc
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
Avant Version: 11.6 Build 20
IE Version: 7

Post by robc » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:03 pm

I'm not too familiar with RSI, but it seems to me that a standard touchpad like that provided in most notebooks (and, I believe, available also for desktops) or an "art" tablet (those with a stylus, just like pencil and paper) should provide different enough hand/wrist movements to allow you to use them without hurting you, at the same time keeping all standard mouse gestures in all applications. Have you already tried such an approach?
Image formerly known as Image

lucy_one
Avant Version:

Post by lucy_one » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:06 am

I have several alternative input devices including a touchpad and a stylus (which I can't use much). Still, a software for clicking links would be helpful. Mouse gestures on the touchpad... sorry, that already sounds painful to me.

robc
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
Avant Version: 11.6 Build 20
IE Version: 7

Post by robc » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:13 am

On my Dell laptop (it uses an Alps device) they're very easy, I can middle-click by tapping on a corner and scroll by dragging a finger on the right side (vor vertical) and on the bottom side (for horizontal), if I weren't so accustomed to a mouse (and thus able to move more precisely, for graphics work) I'd just use the pad. Sorry that didn't help :(
Image formerly known as Image

wilko
Avant Version:

Spatial navigation

Post by wilko » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:03 am

Spatial navigation to navigate with the keyboard. Just like the future presented in Opera. I was using avantbrowser for many years but now this feature is presented in an other browser i had to switch. It's important for me and all "RSI" complaining persons to leave the mouse and fully use the keyboard.

Since this request has already been added to the Master Request/Suggestion List, I've merged this post with the appropriate thread. - hornakapopolis

batagy
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: IE8.0

Re: Mouseless web surfing/Clicking links without mouse

Post by batagy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Yes, I would nicely see a feature for mouseless browsing! Recently I used the mouse so much that I also have now RSI syndrome. Would be good to eliminate the need of using the mouse.