New Tab always maximized

If you have suggestions to make Avant Browser even better, describe them here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Automatically maximize new windows/tabs

Post by lukeprog » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:15 pm

Several times, when I click a link that is scripted to open in a new window, it opens in a new tab like it is supposed to, but is still "floating," and shows the titlebar for that page's 'window', along with buttons like minimize, maximize, exit. If I click maximize, though, it stretches out and remains stationary, **** itself into the tab like every other tab I ever open. I'd love for it to be maximize automatically in its tab like every other kind of window.

Has this been mentioned somewhere else already? If so, sorry, I didn't find it.

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by lukeprog » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:04 pm

Also, I imagine this would be fairly easy to implement, so I'd love to see it squeezed into an upcoming release. But, I realize there are TONS of other requests on this board, so you're obviously busy :-)

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by lukeprog » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:27 pm

I have a suspicion that this "feature" does not NEED to be included, but perhaps there is an existing Avant Browser preference I can set to fix this. Anyone have any hints?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:23 pm

Does this happen a lot? A lot of windows like that have a specified size that they are supposed to open as, I believe.

If you get it when you think you shouldn't, you should try the Avant Tip. That has helped other when their tabbed windows wouldn't maximize.

Or, are you just talking about a feature that would always maximize new windows?

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by lukeprog » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:34 pm

Yes, I know they are scripted to open at a certain size. I suppose this is really just a part of the request for customizable script disabling.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:46 pm

Or, are you just talking about a feature that would always maximize new windows?
Thats what he means, I believe.

This has been requested but I can't find the thread so we'll make this the official thread. I'll add it to our list...

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by lukeprog » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:40 pm

Cool. Thanks, BigC

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:49 pm

There could be a problem with this though. I guess it is a bug really but some windows when opened as a tab won't find the server. For example go to http://www.download.com go to any program and on the "view screenshot" link, middle mouse click it. I have this set to open in the background and it is maximized. I will get the "cannot find server" error message. If I just click it, it still opens in the background but not maximized and I can see the screenshot page. I have noticed this on other floating windows.

Edit: I just tried in IE. If I right click on it, and open in new window, I get the same server could not be found. A normal click will open a floating window with the page.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:12 pm

SweetLou - Here's a quote from the other thread in which this was brought up.
Der_tolle_Emil wrote:@SweetLou: Clicking a popup link (which are mostly javascript) with the middle mousebutton will result in the browser trying to open "javascript:oW('details.php?artikelnr=124328&pic=124328.jpg','details',550,420,'yes','no',0,0)" for example. (Link taken from shop.nuclearblast.de) This of course is no valid URL and thus results in a page not found error.
I think that this "maximize" command could probably be sent after the page was loaded, then it wouldn't matter how it was opened.

lukeprog
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by lukeprog » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:19 pm

Yes, and this way it wouldn't end up in confusion with any sort of "script blocking" features of Avant Browser

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:40 pm

hornakapopolis wrote:SweetLou - Here's a quote from the other thread in which this was brought up.
Der_tolle_Emil wrote:@SweetLou: Clicking a popup link (which are mostly javascript) with the middle mousebutton will result in the browser trying to open "javascript:oW('details.php?artikelnr=124328&pic=124328.jpg','details',550,420,'yes','no',0,0)" for example. (Link taken from shop.nuclearblast.de) This of course is no valid URL and thus results in a page not found error.
I think that this "maximize" command could probably be sent after the page was loaded, then it wouldn't matter how it was opened.
I have never seen that post. Thanks for showing it to me.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:50 pm

aglaidson wrote:Hello,

Suggestion: to create an option so that all the open links appears maximized.

I believe that many users will appreciate this suggestion

Here is the right place here to post suggestions?

thank you
Another request for this feature.

aglaidson
Avant Version:

Post by aglaidson » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:36 pm

I also use the browser Maxthon and in him an option that you can choose in maximize the links exists or to maintain them originates, would not give to also do it in the avant browser?

thedisk
Avant Version:

option

Post by thedisk » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:30 pm

please if you implent this feature, make it as an option, because i like this feature that it doen´t open maximized.

UFO UFO
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Avant Version:

suggestion #20 - add option-always enlarge webpages

Post by UFO UFO » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:23 pm

i don't know if it's a bug or in purpose, but sometimes some webpages that were meant to be opened in a small window are not enlarged to full size in the program , so it looks like IE is inside avant. i know that basically it's true, but why not adding an option to always enlarge the webpages to maximum size(of the program)?

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: 10 64-bit
Avant Version: 2019 Build 2 USB
IE Version: 11.51.14393.0
Skin: Dream

Re: suggestion #20 - add option-always enlarge webpages

Post by Dreamer » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:34 pm

I support this request =D>

Very often, I see only a half of the page :(

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:56 pm

This has already been requested here. I'll merge these posts with that thread for organizational purposes.

Please remember to check the Master Request/Suggestion List before starting a new request thread.

aglaidson
Avant Version:

New Tab always maximized

Post by aglaidson » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:27 pm

it would like that all new tab began maximized.

Since this request has already been added to the Master Request/Suggestion List, I've merged this post with the appropriate thread. - hornakapopolis

Poolee
Avant Version:

Maximise Avant's tab windows

Post by Poolee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:15 am

Hi there

Have done a search using maximise/maximize and tabs/sub windows/etc et al, but can't find any references, so....

Is it possible please, to have an option to always maximise all new tabs that get created?

For instance, when using Outlook Web Access (2K3 and prior), opening a message creates a new tab, but the message's windows state is always "Restore". These usually go off the bottom edge of the screen so I always maximise them...

I have tried using various tools to get these child windows to maximise, eg Zmover, Actual Windows Manager, AutoHotKey scripts, etc, but they only see the main Avant window (TfrmAvantBrowser) rather than the child window (TfrmPage).

This is really frustrating... :-(

Please help!

Many thanks for a great product!
Poolee

Since this request has already been added to the Master Request/Suggestion List, I've merged this post with the appropriate thread. - hornakapopolis

knock_knock
Avant Version:

Re: Maximize Tab

Post by knock_knock » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:34 am

Hiya,

Whenever I create a new tab it automatically opens as maximized window by default. It's been available with Avant always and there isn't any need to do anything. Just maximize the first page once and then whenever u'll try n create another window/tab it will be opened maximized by default.

:)

This post has been merged to this topic. – hornakapopolis
Anyone home...!!!