We need help with Translation

Discuss translating issues and ideas here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Teacher
Avant Version:

Post by Teacher » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 pm

I uploaded greek translation file, so all Greeks can test it and if it's OK, i'll send it to Anderson. Thank you.

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/2636295/gre.lng.html

akisakis
Avant Version:

Greek Translation

Post by akisakis » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:38 am

PS. it will be better to open a new subject for greek translation so we can post there our comments about.

At first glance i think that it is a good translation. I didn't look it very carefully yet, but untill now i noticed some things.

There is no translation on these(bold) :

1. Tools--->Interface Language.

2. Tools--->Avant Browser Options...--->Right Click Menu--->all translations to choose.

3. Tools--->Avant Browser Options...--->Miscellaneous--->the word Show in the 10th option.

4. Main Menu ==>Favorites-->Open All Links In This Folder.

Teacher, congrs for your good job, i'll post if/when i find more :wink:

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Post by abfan123 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:17 pm

"Tools--->Interface Language" is always in English so some user will be able to easily find the menu item if he have switched to another language accidentally.

Teacher
Avant Version:

Post by Teacher » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:33 pm

I'll check it and fix. Thank you.

SWE-translator-TH
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: We need help with Swedish Translation

Post by SWE-translator-TH » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:06 am

I started one swedish translation which took to much time and i got help from Keiser Soze.

Now i read in the forum that RobinAndersson wants to contribute
I saw also that oFFside hava started to translate.

We are now at least 3 who makes the translation in as many as 2 different sessions. Mayby we should get together to make it only one...

SWE-translator-TH
Avant Version:

Post by SWE-translator-TH » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:04 am

The swedish translation will soon be ready for transformation from a swe-v11.txt file into a swe.lng file. :D
It will soon be sent to the adress: author [AT] avantbrowser [DOT] com

SWE-translator-TH
Avant Version:

Re: We need help with Translation

Post by SWE-translator-TH » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:13 pm

Avant Browser is finaly translated into swedish. The swe.lng file was e-mailed to author [AT] avantbrowser [DOT] com 10:31 CET today.

eagleman
Avant Version:

Post by eagleman » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 pm

bovirus wrote:Italian translation done (PM to Anderson).

For all people who wants to start the translation I suggest to use IniTransl, a freeware editor for ini file that load english master, load a new langauge (o create a new from scrtach), and show both english and localized string.

Also you can use it to load a new english master language, a old version of localized file and check which string should be added.

This sw save a lot of your time (and it's freeware).

IniTransaltor (http://www.hexagora.com/en_dw_initu.asp)
Sorry bovirus, but current italian translation file for Avant is awful.
One of the worst italian file I have ever seen.
I'm working on a new one from the scratch using the original english file and Windows Notepad program.
I have already translated about 40% of the whole file.
I think it will be ready for next week, or maybe sooner

bovirus
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by bovirus » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:01 am

eagleman wrote:

For all people who wants to start the translation I suggest to use IniTransl, a freeware editor for ini file that load english master, load a new langauge (o create a new from scrtach), and show both english and localized string.

Also you can use it to load a new english master language, a old version of localized file and check which string should be added.

I'm working on a new one from the scratch using the original english file and Windows Notepad program.
First of all I say thank you to you if you can say me where the translation is bad; if I made some errors I will happy to fix it and then we can add your name in credits (you are the only one that you say that my translation job is very bad).

I think that is not a good idea to start a new translation in a language that is already available (as you can see in the rules of the post the first rule for a new translation is to ask to the moderator if anyone has already start the same job).

Also as is written in first posts you can use any program that you like, but to save time and to check all tokens it's better to use IniTransl that compare original token and translation token.

Please send me your feedback about bad translations and we can discuss with you what kind of fix are good.

P.S. My job is software engineer and translator for software programs in a big maunfacturer company. All tokens are available in main dictionnary released by sw manufacturer company (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.) to have tokens familiar with Windows & sw application enviroment.
Please before to say (also in the future with other posters) the his job is the worse that you ever seen it 's better to discuss with him if he made some errors or you are quite in the wrong position.

I think your start point is not the best (you started here Dicember 30,2006 [today] and you are completly disagree with a translation job that is the result of many discussions of entire team in a long time).

eagleman
Avant Version:

Post by eagleman » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:36 pm

bovirus wrote:
eagleman wrote:

First of all I say thank you to you if you can say me where the translation is bad; if I made some errors I will happy to fix it and then we can add your name in credits (you are the only one that you say that my translation job is very bad).

I think that is not a good idea to start a new translation in a language that is already available (as you can see in the rules of the post the first rule for a new translation is to ask to the moderator if anyone has already start the same job).

Also as is written in first posts you can use any program that you like, but to save time and to check all tokens it's better to use IniTransl that compare original token and translation token.

Please send me your feedback about bad translations and we can discuss with you what kind of fix are good.

P.S. My job is software engineer and translator for software programs in a big maunfacturer company. All tokens are available in main dictionnary released by sw manufacturer company (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.) to have tokens familiar with Windows & sw application enviroment.
Please before to say (also in the future with other posters) the his job is the worse that you ever seen it 's better to discuss with him if he made some errors or you are quite in the wrong position.

I think your start point is not the best (you started here Dicember 30,2006 [today] and you are completly disagree with a translation job that is the result of many discussions of entire team in a long time).
I already know you.
And i'm not the only one that think Avant Browser is awfully translated.
Many friends of mine are agree with me.
But is not the only case. For example, try to study the italian file of DeepBurner and you'll see a completely mess.
Actually I'm working as translator into the italian translation communities for KDE and Gnome Desktop Managers.

bovirus
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by bovirus » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:41 am

As I said please report your suggestion about the "bad" translation.
I offer to work together to improve the translation.
I partecipate to many sw projects (as you) and I don't close my door to anyone (to revised a translation).
I'm afraid that you are completly negative about my translation. I renew the offer to send me the errors (or suggestions) about your AB translation improvements.
I declared the source of translation proof check (Sw company dictionnary) and motivations (look & feel common with other sw enviroment).
Please send me your feedbacks with your suggestions and your opinions for theese changes.
This is a cooperative way to work together.
Not as you proposal way; you say "your translation is too bad", you don't send any feedback, you decide yourself to start a new one, without read and apply the forum rules.
We are talking Avant Browser and please discuss only about AB and not about Deep Burner (what's the matter about it).
Please respect the forum rules, send me the feedbacks, and we can discuss about your translation suggestions.
Afetr a short search in internet I understand who are you and I saw that you are banned out from italian sw site (es. SwZone) for you unpolite way to discuss with other guys about sw and translation (ex. adware).
For this reason I won't discuss with you until you will send me your feedbacks about translation errors.
Bye Giacomo.

eagleman
Avant Version:

Post by eagleman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:42 pm

bovirus wrote:As I said please report your suggestion about the "bad" translation.
I offer to work together to improve the translation.
I partecipate to many sw projects (as you) and I don't close my door to anyone (to revised a translation).
I'm afraid that you are completly negative about my translation. I renew the offer to send me the errors (or suggestions) about your AB translation improvements.
I declared the source of translation proof check (Sw company dictionnary) and motivations (look & feel common with other sw enviroment).
Please send me your feedbacks with your suggestions and your opinions for theese changes.
This is a cooperative way to work together.
Not as you proposal way; you say "your translation is too bad", you don't send any feedback, you decide yourself to start a new one, without read and apply the forum rules.
We are talking Avant Browser and please discuss only about AB and not about Deep Burner (what's the matter about it).
Please respect the forum rules, send me the feedbacks, and we can discuss about your translation suggestions.
Afetr a short search in internet I understand who are you and I saw that you are banned out from italian sw site (es. SwZone) for you unpolite way to discuss with other guys about sw and translation (ex. adware).
For this reason I won't discuss with you until you will send me your feedbacks about translation errors.
Bye Giacomo.
Here are the feedbacks:

1) The software author doesn't know the users of his program, so is strongly suggested to use the italian form of VOI instead of TU, unless necessary (for example Apri, Salva buttons and so on),

2) You hadn't read this answer
abfan123 wrote:"Tools--->Interface Language" is always in English so some user will be able to easily find the menu item if he have switched to another language accidentally.
Infact I have retranslated it in english

3)A good idea could be to keep untranslated the Google translations entries into the english translation file and I have retranslated them in english too.
If you want to test my corrected file, download it from here

eagleman
Avant Version:

Post by eagleman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Ok, do you wanna know something?
My first post was originated from a little qui pro quo, and i explain you why.
I don't knew that bovirus had completely rewritten the italian file, but now i have fixed some little glitches into his file.
So please, don't ban me :-({|= :whistle:

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 am

You're not getting banned, but this threads getting a little heated ..... so it's getting locked.